• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Could The "Twist" In Zelda Wii U's Open World Be?

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
D

Deleted member 14134

READ THE MANUALS! And watch these:

https://youtu.be/uyMKWJ5e1kg?t=16s

https://youtu.be/uPSvBlWwsrA?t=40s

Those games clearly do have stories and backstories! Just because there isn't much of it in the main gameplay of the games, doesn't mean they are not existent at all!

In case anyone here is too dense to figure out what the summary in those videos mean I'll sum it up for you.

Zelda I: Zelda gets kidnapped. Go find 8 things
Zelda II: Zelda gets put to sleep. Go find 6 things before something kills you.

Idk about you guys but I find that to be quite and in depth and exhilarating story.

Reactions: Dio

VitaTempusN92

In case anyone here is too dense to figure out what the summary in those videos mean I'll sum it up for you.

Zelda I: Zelda gets kidnapped. Go find 8 things
Zelda II: Zelda gets put to sleep. Go find 6 things before something kills you.

Idk about you guys but I find that to be quite and in depth and exhilarating story.

Wow, you just literally called me an idiot for knowing that the 2 games do have existent story. And you made fun of what I said by taking out the important story details and simplifying plot to make me look like an idiot. How very mature of you! (sarcasm)

D

Deleted member 14134

Wow, you just literally called me an idiot for knowing that the 2 games do have existent story. And you made fun of what I said by taking out the important story details and simplifying plot to make me look like an idiot. How very mature of you! (sarcasm)

Haha, when I started reading your post I thought you were actually mad at me but then you said sarcasm lol. I'm just glad that you were joking and we can agree on the two games having no story what so ever :p

VitaTempusN92

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
READ THE MANUALS! And watch these:

https://youtu.be/uyMKWJ5e1kg?t=16s

https://youtu.be/uPSvBlWwsrA?t=40s

Those games clearly do have stories and backstories! Just because there isn't much of it in the main gameplay of the games, doesn't mean they are not existent at all!

I never claimed them to be totally non existent but virtually non existent. Bok Choy may have simplified them even more but not excessively so as they are in reality very simple and minor.

VitaTempusN92

I never claimed them to be totally non existent but virtually non existent. Bok Choy may have simplified them even more but not excessively so as they are in reality very simple and minor.

In the games, yes, but outside them, the stories are elaborate (TAoL backstory especially). So my point was that the simple fact even those games had stories surrounding them tells me that it really was Miyamoto's intention for Zelda to be a franchise focused around historical-like stories about Hyrule and other worlds that are all connected into a big multi-verse. Yes, that said proves that this whole "there was no story or timeline at the start" or "making everything up as the series moves forwards" thing is all just bs Nintendo pulled out of the a**es because Nintendo seems to find a strange sense of enjoyment/pleasure of messing with our heads and creating heated arguments and uproars in the Zelda fan community.

Miyamoto has literally been playing mind games with us along. Heck, there's even evidence that proves that Miyamoto had the whole history of Hyrule planned out since Zelda I. Evidence like Lorule's Triforce on the blade of Golden Sword Official Artwork for ALttP, long before Lorule was even properly introduced in it's rightful name. Then there's the sage names from OoT in Zelda II. And, if you turn the overworld map clockwise where the east side becomes south, it looks like an aged and wasted version of the same Hyrule from ALttP and ALBW. So ALttP was always meant to be a prequel of TLoZ from the start!

That all said, Miyamoto likes stories more than he leads you to think. The guy really is our world's version of HMS, as he always seems to like to keep himself surrounded in mystery.

I think for the purpose of this discussion, "story" is referring to how much of the story is told through in-game elements, like mechanics, the world, or cutscenes or events. Sure, there's stuff in the manual but that can't really be considered when you're talking about the design of the game.

KTep

Picori_Kev1n
I like the idea of having Link to deal with nautral disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, blizzards & earthquake.

I remember when I played Child Link in Ocarina of Time, I had to use a hylian shield to deal with the meteor coming from the sky.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like the idea of having Link to deal with nautral disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, blizzards & earthquake.

I remember when I played Child Link in Ocarina of Time, I had to use a hylian shield to deal with the meteor coming from the sky.[/SPOLER]

You don't need to spoiler that. You're expected to know that game around here. Are you referring to the boulders that spew from death mountain?

KTep

Picori_Kev1n
You don't need to spoiler that. You're expected to know that game around here. Are you referring to the boulders that spew from death mountain?
yeah. Thats the part where I get the magic meter from the fairy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom