• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Could the Gods Actually Be?

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
This theory has virtually no proof to back it up, but its something interesting that I've come up with.

I think that the Godesses are actually stars (like our sun, but not as big) that have developed sentience(intelligence), and that are able to convert their light into matter in order to shapeshift, and also convert their matter back into light, using the enourmous quantity of energy within them. This would mean they could also create other matter, like the planets and perhaps creatures too.

I learned in my science class at college that with enough energy, light can be converted into mass, and mass can be converted into light! Pretty cool, huh? And if these stars had sentience, they could control these reactions, thus making them able to create things and change form.

Like I said, there is really no proof to back this up, I just think it may make for an interesting theory. *I don't know why, but somehow I think I'm going to get a lot of unfriendly replies*-.-

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
This definitely should have been posted in the theories section...

Anywho, I'm going to disagree because, like you said, there is no proof. All we know is that they are Goddesses that created the world. Anything I could come up with as to "what they are" would be just as canon as this.

Once again, when stating your own theories, post them in the theories section...

B

Bodo

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it holds much water.

Why do the goddesses need to be anything besides deities? Why do they have to have come from somewhere explainable by science?

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
There is ONE bit of evidence that could support this theory. That is in OoT when I think it is the GDT is giving Link some lengthy lecture. It turns into a video, and somewhere in that video it shows Din, Farore and Nayru 'shooting' towards earth, very much looking like shooting stars. However, this could just be the fastest possible way to travel, or their favourite way to travel. There is virtually no proof here so I'm sorry but I'm gonna have disagree. Was a good idea though.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
That is an interesting thoery, but if the sun was a God, how could it communicate or even create life, or manifest their powers in the Triforce? like you said, there is no evidence to back up this thoery but, it is a pretty good idea, if stars could have actual intelligence.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The Gods and Goddesses simply are. That is all that needs to be said.

I second (and third) this. There needs to be no explanation just like there (apparently) needs to be know explanation for the Christian Gods existence.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
Yeah, pretty much every time I ever explain gods I think of the OoT version of them. They are a bunch of crazy flying golden statues that gave the earth it's life. They speak every now and again but it's in a way that can't be explained in a physical sense, like telepathy.. Except it's more like they leave telepathic notes laying around in Links mind for Link to find. He walks across an old tomb and reads it and it sets off that note. Just my ideas anyway..

I agree with Mike Pothier's earlier statement.

The fact is, deities like Gods and Goddesses can't be explained within the confines of science, like you're think of it. They're all-powerful (usually) entities who can literally do anything, and usually do not exist in any sort of standard physical or even nonphysical sense. They just exist.

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
I agree with Mike Pothier's earlier statement.

The fact is, deities like Gods and Goddesses can't be explained within the confines of science, like you're think of it. They're all-powerful (usually) entities who can literally do anything, and usually do not exist in any sort of standard physical or even nonphysical sense. They just exist.

That may be true in the real world, but the fact of the matter is, it is three Gods in a game. So they were given a face and for that they can be explained because it's whatever Miyamoto wants the gods to be, if he portrays them in a game, say OoT as three flying firey golden statues of red, blue and green, then they are so.

That may be true in the real world, but the fact of the matter is, it is three Gods in a game. So they were given a face and for that they can be explained because it's whatever Miyamoto wants the gods to be, if he portrays them in a game, say OoT as three flying firey golden statues of red, blue and green, then they are so.
Yeah. The idea is that a god or deity is usually able to take any form they wish (which I believe is traditionally referred to as an Avatar.) But I think the "Fiery Golden Statue" thing was probably just a visual representation, not what they were actually supposed to be or look like.

And yeah, that's the idea in the real world, but honestly any god, fictional or not, is the same way. The only way it could be otherwise is if it weren't really a GOD, but was simply called that because it was all-powerful, or at least close to it. Such as a physical being able to create. That could be considered a god, but it wouldn't be an actual one, unless it was a god's avatar.

O

Omega Speed

This may sound stupid, but I am going to have to quote South Park. The Goddesses could be flying spaghetti monsters.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
It's an interesting theory, but I don't think it holds much water.

Why do the goddesses need to be anything besides deities? Why do they have to have come from somewhere explainable by science?

I 100% agree. The whole point of a diety or God is to explain what science can't. So if a diety is science, what explains what it can't? (If thats confusing just read it a few more times.)

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
The godesses could be stars that developed sentience - humans are stardust with sentience too. But if they developed naturally after the universe began, calling them godesses isn't helpful as people usually think of deities as existing outside the universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom