• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Character Archetype Do You Love?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Where's my boi, Guts?

He's badass, but I guess that thing is too big to be called a sword. Thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it's like a hunk of raw iron...
I haven't seen much berserk, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a companion character that you're glad is on your side

also as a quick addition to another archetype that I like, I really love comedic reoccurring characters that can tend to show up at the most random times, bonus if they're like a bumbling rival character like jr. troopa from paper mario or ultros from final fantasy 6

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I love, love, love anything with villians. Villians that are sympathetic, villians that are evil just for the heck of it and love every second, villians that you despise with every fiber of your being. All of the different types of bad guy and the ways they intercat differently with hero characters... I could just read and/or watch that all day. Villians are just more fascinating, and can be so varied.

I also love characters who are hiding something. Illness, dark trauma, that sort of thing. It's probably cruel, but I love to see all of the dramatic scenes and shocked reactions when the truth finally gets wrenched out of them. There can be so many responses, whether guilt or hatred, that make it absolutely enthralling. The more they try to hide something, the better.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I love, love, love anything with villians. Villians that are sympathetic, villians that are evil just for the heck of it and love every second, villians that you despise with every fiber of your being. All of the different types of bad guy and the ways they intercat differently with hero characters... I could just read and/or watch that all day. Villians are just more fascinating, and can be so varied.

I also love characters who are hiding something. Illness, dark trauma, that sort of thing. It's probably cruel, but I love to see all of the dramatic scenes and shocked reactions when the truth finally gets wrenched out of them. There can be so many responses, whether guilt or hatred, that make it absolutely enthralling. The more they try to hide something, the better.

1644964152104.png

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I love a powerful villain personally. Whether they are just an incarnation of pure evil or if tragic events pushed them into villainy, it's all good with me. My favourite characters are mostly villainous and I particularly like the wicked witch or wizard characters bonus for being green. Ganondorf of course is my favourite villain of all being a swole green wizard.

Most movies, games, books need a threat that drives the story to even exist in the first place and often it's a villain that fills that role. And the bigger and badder they are the better as far as I am concerned.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh boy, I love the villains also. Not any villain but villains like Sidious/Palpatine. Or Sauron and even more so The Witch-King of Angmar. They seriously fascinate me because of their mysterious behavior and always makes me wonder who they actually are and where they come from. I always feel for the bad guys. Also guys like Volga and Sooga fascinate me because Volga just wanted a great battle and Sooga was super loyal to Kohga. That makes their moves more interesting than just the bad guy who want to rule the world.
In Supernatural I liked Azazel the best because he was also very mysterieus fascinating, charming but down right creepy. He didn't take everything down in one battle. He set things up already before the Winchesters were even born. Yes, of course to free Lucifer at last but still he was very calculated and absolutely one of the best villains ever. Nothing beats Sidious though :P

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
For some reason, I really like the characters that are not really connected to the story in any way, but by mere chance they get dragged into it and they stick around. They're usually not the main character, but just some rando that the other characters came across, and who was then just absorbed into the story. They usually have a bit more of a funny take on the whole situation and is used for comic relief

The only example I can think of is a really bad one... Jar Jar Binks XD
I personally don't mind Jar Jar, but I know other people hate him... But the way he just randomly appears and then get sucked up into the story, even though he has no real connection to the other main characters... There is just something satisfying to me about that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom