• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What browser do you use?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I use Chrome for my everyday Internet activities, like going on ZD, Youtube, etc. I find it's really quick, responsive, and easy to use.

I do use Firefox as well, whenever I want to play online flash games, or something of that manner. It's the one thing Chrome lacks to adequacy to do, but Firefox excels in it. Plus, Chrome can't use Unity for whatever reason, so that's another plus for Firefox.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Chrome on my laptop, Opera on my tablet. Firefox actually isn't a good choice anymore because it doesn't protect you from unwanted viruses and malware like Chrome does. Chrome has a feature called a sandbox which isolates your browser, and everything that it opens, from the rest of your computer and nothing can leave that sandbox without your express permission so you cannot get malicious software from Chrome unless you stupidly agree to download something supicious. Unlike Firefox where you can easily get them from just about anything without your even knowing because it has no such protection.

Dan

Chrome on my laptop, Opera on my tablet. Firefox actually isn't a good choice anymore because it doesn't protect you from unwanted viruses and malware like Chrome does. Chrome has a feature called a sandbox which isolates your browser, and everything that it opens, from the rest of your computer and nothing can leave that sandbox without your express permission so you cannot get malicious software from Chrome unless you stupidly agree to download something supicious. Unlike Firefox where you can easily get them from just about anything without your even knowing because it has no such protection.

Mozilla have been developing multi-process tabs(Electrolysis) for quite some time, it's been available in nightly builds and the developer version albeit buggy but it looks like it'll be official released in 2017, about time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom