• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Array of Items Do You Want in Zelda Wii U

Items, if not being my favorite thing in Zelda Games is the fact I have so much items that I can use to solve puzzles, beat up enemies, and get MORE items with them. And with the new Wii U technology, I am expecting some of these items to be awesome. This topic is to post your wishlist for items.

3 Swords
I want about 3 different types of swords in this game. Don't know how they would work but we need upgrades for them. The only specific thing I want in there is the Master Sword

2 Shields
1 shield to start, preferably Hylian and the Mirror Shield as the second and final shield. You gotta love the Mirror Shield

4 Bottles
There is no Zelda without bottles, we go to have at least 4 of them. I wonder what we can store in them this time, potions, and maybe side quest ish items. And milk

Bombs
Another item that NEEDS to be in every Zelda Game. Its self explanatory, its a key puzzle solver.

Bow and Arrow
An item that is required for EVERY zelda game to be fun in my eyes. Heck, why not even bring back the Ice and Fire arrows, and add a new one to the collection

Boomerang
I was pretty disappointed that this was not to be seen in Skyward Sword. If you tap the screen with your stylus and flick it at the tv, it'd leave the controller go onto the tv fufill its purpose and come back. Wouldn't that be COOL?

Hammer
Last time I saw this thing was in Phantom Hourglass. 2007 if I believe, and if this item makes it that will b a 7 year wait for this EPIC item to get back in a zelda game. Unless it gets in Zelda 3DS then yeah.

Roc's Cape and/or Roc's Feather
The Roc's items let you jump, and the cape lets you glide across short distances. You can see these in the portable games and we all want deep down inside to get this on a console game. I highly doubt it, but its a wish

Items that have not been in zelda games before

Mace
In past games like a Link to the Past we had enemies swinging maces, but they were called the Ball and Chain. When I played this game, I think to myself, why can't Link use this in his quest? No explanation needed

Crossbow
Now you guys are gonna say this was in Link's Crossbow Training, thats a spinoff not a legitamate Zelda Game. The Crossbow would be an AWESOME upgrade to the bow and arrow or it could be its own seperate item. It could be like a rapid fire bow and arrow gun like it is in real life

Well thats my list of items. Try to organize it like I did and make your own list. I'd love to see them.

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
Must haves:

Sword, at least 2 different kinds. You start with a basic sword and earn a more powerful sword later one.

Shield. Again at least 2 different types. I like the different types of shields in Skyward Sword. You could have different shields that are immune to different sorts of attacks, like those that shield against fire, or electrical beams.

Bombs. To access new areas or destroy enemies.

Bow and Arrow. For destroying enemies or solving puzzles

Hookshot/Clawshot/Whip or similar sort of grasping device

Bottles, I'd say 2-4 is optimal. Too many and Link is overpowered, too few and Link is too limited.

Zora Tunic or something similar. Whether you love it or hate it, most Zeldas have a water portion and Link needs something to stop him from drowning.

Rupees: It just wouldn't feel like a Zelda game without this. Part of the fun is collecting them and buying goodies.

Heart pieces/heart containers: Unless you're doing a 3-heart challenge, part of the fun is finding these or earning them from winning boss battles.

Things I'd like to see. The following items are not in every game but they are all fun to use and I'd like to see them again:

Fire/Ice/Light arrows
Deku leaf. For flying
Boomerang
Spinner. It was alot of fun even if not that useful. Make it more useful in the next game.
Lens of truth
Sand wand. This was an interesting item in Spirit Tracks. Not sure how useful it would be outside of desert settings though.
Bunny hood. For speed.
Picture box, for various sidequests.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I just want items with depth and consistent use. I think the best way to describe this is to say a combination between the items from Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess's items had a heapload of depth but most were dropped immediately after the dungeon they were found in. Skyward Sword's item had consistent use but not as much depth as TP's (except for the Bombs and Bow). More consistency is better design, of course, but consistency plus lots of depth goes much farther. Hopefully developers can pull off having the mixture between these two games' items in the future.

I'm a lover of most of the items which have appeared in Zelda so i'll try and cut it down to my faves and which of them i'd like to see return.

Double Clawhots- love these things so much, they definitely need to come back.
Hammer- Bring it back WW style, i loved that one.
Roc's feather- give us the ability to jump in a 3D Zelda dammit Nintendo!
Pegasus Boots- Dashing in SS would have been fine if it wasn't reliant on the stamina meter, if dashing comes back WITH the stamina meter then Link is gonna need some go-faster boots...

As for some others, water bombs TP style, Hawkeye from TP and bomb arrow combos are a few other things i'd like to come back too.

Mostly though i want a lot of new items from ZeldaU to really make us think.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
IPegasus Boots- Dashing in SS would have been fine if it wasn't reliant on the stamina meter, if dashing comes back WITH the stamina meter then Link is gonna need some go-faster boots...

Ignoring the issue of limited dashing being about resource management, Pegasus Boots have always been more about charging than running faster. Crashing into things and ramming through enemies with the sword held out was the name of its game. I would love to see them in a 3D game, too, but just having them to make Link go faster? That would be a huge disappointment.

Did not consider heart containers and peices and rupees to be items but okay thats something I forgot. There is ONE more item I forgot to mention

2 Masks
Not saying we need another transformation mask, but we need 2 masks. My ideas are the following
Stone Mask-Stealth
Giant Mask-Don't make Link too big

Forgot to add those to my but your ideas are great guys!

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I've always loved items throughout the series but I think it's sad when some of them just gather dust and are never being used like some of them did in TP, this is the only thing IMO that needs to change and possibly the amount of places & ways we can use our items. For instance using the hookshot underwater or firing multiple arrows at a time etc. The items I'd love to appear in ZU is mainly more weapons, Axes, Maces, Daggers, Magic Wands and Crossbows are the main ones I'd like to see. I'd love for masks to reappear too but as passive tools, passive means they'd be giving us boosts without us having to physically use them. I think this would be great for allowing a more custom way of playing the game, not just being forced into playing with the Sword & Shield all the time. For instance I could choose to gather a lot of Bunny masks and Garo masks, I'd be more difficult to detect by enemies and move a lot faster with a boost in damage for my daggers, then again I could always get the Goron mask and just gain a lot of raw melee strength with a boost to my Axe damage if it were to make an appearance.

tl;dr :rolleyes:

Masks and the Spinner.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I'll take about 20 usable items with minor increases to functionality via upgrades. Any more than that tends to dilute the solution a bit much and a lot of gear goes unused. I can live without certain fan favorite items from the franchise as long as what is included is well-integrated.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
There are several things that I would like to see again in the Zelda series:

-First, the following staples in some form: Bow, Bombs, Boomerang, Hookshot. I don't need to elaborate too much on this; these items are what make Zelda Zelda.
-The Magic Meter. I haven't seen it in a console game since WW! What happened to it?
-Magic Arrows. Again, we haven't seen these since WW. It could be the standard Fire/Ice/Light Arrows, or some other combination. How about Fire/Ice/Light/Shadow?
-Magic Spells. Mainly like the Medallions of ALttP or the Spells from OoT.
-The Hammer. Although in TP the Ball and Chain functioned sort of like a hammer, we should definitely see something like the Megaton Hammer or the Skull Hammer again.
-Bombchus. I want to see these actually get used more in puzzles than in OoT or MM, because they have great potential.

I want to add yet another thing, sorry but this item I never heard of and is awesome.

Gasha Seeds
Not nessecarly an item I think, but I just started playing the Oracle Games and the Gasha Seeds are awesome. I want them to return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom