• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Favorite GameCube Games?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So I was just popping in and about and around, and then I saw a peculiar woman lifting up 2 game cubes and using them as weights.

So that got me thinking to ask you, the forum dwellers, what are your favorite GameCube games? I am NGCurious as to what it is.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I didn't play too many games on Game Cube, but out of the few I did, I'd have to say Wind Waker, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

In no particular order:

Animal Crossing
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lost Kingdoms
Mario Party 5
Mario Power Tennis
Metroid Prime
Mystic Heroes
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
Star Fox Adventures
Super SMash Bros Melee

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Second Sight
The way this game told its story in dual past/present form was a really different approach and, at the time, I'd not played anything like it before. Plus the ability to not only wield telekinetic abilities but be able to interact with many environmental objects within world itself using your power was a nice touch.

Time Splitters 2
Each level was centred around a different historical period and the score for each one is amazing. Though shooters aren't usually my thing, this game is one of my exceptions to that.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
I'm on a Zelda forum. This is my favourite GameCube Zelda game. Need I say more?

Star Fox Adventures
Though the game is not really open world, the free roam exploration aspect of each area didn't give a boxed in feeling. The puzzle based, dungeon-esque palaces and Zelda-esque gameplay was also an added bonus.

Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy
Love Egyptian mythology. Plus this game has a black sense of humour when playing as the mummy to solve puzzles. I especially love setting myself on fire or becoming conductive after zapping myself with electricity.

Resident Evil (REmake and Zero)
I like horror and I like puzzles. Rebecca on the other hand...

Super Smash Bros. Melee
This might have been my most played game on the GameCube. Spent many hours playing this game and trying to get all the trophies and secret characters.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
You don't like Rebecca?
Not really. I like the way RE0 plays, its puzzles, the variety of enemies and the overall story, but I just don't like the character all that much. Especially when compared to Jill in terms of the RE franchise as a whole. I get that Rebecca needed to have room for growth throughout the story being a rookie and all, but I don't think it was executed that well.

Besides the Zelda games?

Lost Kingdoms I & II
P.N. 03
Smash Bros Melee
REmake
Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike
RE 4
PoP series
Robotech: Battlecry

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
did you just pull a Dan?

The GameCube is probably my favorite console ever. From age 7-11 [hehehehehe], my memories w/ the system and games are too precious and invaluable...well until it broke.
Though fanboying aside, I'd narrow this to my top 15 favorites

15. Mario Superstar Baseball
14. Soul Calibur 2
13. The Simpsons Hit & Run
12. Thug Mansion
11. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
10. Star Fox Assault
9. F-Zero GX
8. Pikmin 2
7. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
6. Paper Mario 2
5. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3. Super Mario Sunshine
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker are all currently battling for first place.

Not really. I like the way RE0 plays, its puzzles, the variety of enemies and the overall story, but I just don't like the character all that much. Especially when compared to Jill in terms of the RE franchise as a whole. I get that Rebecca needed to have room for growth throughout the story being a rookie and all, but I don't think it was executed that well.

I like her, she's "Cute". Not sure if you know but Shinji Mikami hated her, it was the rest of his team that wanted a female character like her, a little more passive/innocent. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of her soon, so maybe she'll develop into a more confident, less green character. Jill is my favorite female character of all time, but I still really like Rebecca.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Tough question. There were so many great GCN games. Exclusives only?

• Metroid Prime
• The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
• Chibi Robo
• Mario Kart Double Dash
• Eternal Darkness
• Rogue Squadron II

Or multi-platform, because then the question gets even more difficult:

• Killer 7
• Resident Evil 0
• REmake
• Tales of Symphonia
• Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

I like her, she's "Cute". Not sure if you know but Shinji Mikami hated her, it was the rest of his team that wanted a female character like her, a little more passive/innocent. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of her soon, so maybe she'll develop into a more confident, less green character. Jill is my favorite female character of all time, but I still really like Rebecca.

I really liked her in the game. There wasn't much character development, but you can tell she grew up a little as the game went by. From the first, when she meets Billy in the train and she's timid, until the very end, when she is more comfortable taking charge.

RE:0 is one of my more favorite RE games. I mean, really, the first 4 games are fabulous (that's 0-3). I love the story they tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom