• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Biggest Fail Moments in Video Games?

what's the biggest mistake, failure, mishap you've had in a video game? be honest, i won't laugh

mine was actually in Zelda OOT when i first faught the boss in the second dungeon as kid Link i was all out of bombs when i entered the boss room, so i let the boss kill me so that i can leave and grind for bombs so i come back to the boss after maxing out my bombs, and in the middle of the fight is where i realized that there were already plant bombs in the boss room

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Trying to fight Dark Force in Phantasy Star 2 when my main guy was only at about level 23 or 24. Suffice it to say that didn't last long .. Level 35 is when you get the most powerful Technique (more commonly called spells in RPG's), and even then he's a huge challenge.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Hmm... earlier today, I was playing Super Metroid online (via vizzed.com), and my browser crashed after much progression in the game. :facepalm:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Hmm... earlier today, I was playing Super Metroid online (via vizzed.com), and my browser crashed after much progression in the game. :facepalm:

That happened to me with AoL the first time I was at the Great Palace after finally making it there, though it was a power surge that turned off the NES. Oh the frustration, lol.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
I was playing Oracle Of Ages on an Emulator. And one thing to note is DO NOT OPEN YOUR MAP IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME. And I lost all my progress from getting to Tokay Island to finishing dungeon 4 :(

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The Sink's got MANY fail moments to share, but can't remember most of them, unfortunately.

Off the top of my head:

In Final Fantasy IV, I had just started the game and went to the first cave. I had yet to get used to the ATB when I got to the Mist Dragon, so it killed Cecil and Kain and I had to go through ALL the cutscenes leading up to that again because I had forgotten to save.

Everytime I had to repeat a whole section of Rayman (particularly Picture City).

When my SNES got stuck at the middle of a tough-as-nails stage at Yoshi's Island (that game is MUCH harder than it looks).

Losing at Megaman 3 (especially after hearing Brentalfloss's rendition of the Game Over tune).

BTW, ZoraDeadpool, your intro looks oddly familiar.

T

triforce100

in windwaker, i went like 1/6 of the way and then since it was a gamecube game in a wii i was unable to save so i have to start over!

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
On Animal Crossing once (the Gamecube one - no wifi for that one!), my 'Mom' mailed me a fruit my town didn't have yet. I was so excited to plant a tree, grow more, and finally have that fruit in my town!

...Then I accidentally ate it.

Herpa derp.

T

TalesOfFan

When Twilight Princess came out I played through the entire game with the walkthrough in my lap. I'll make up for it this summer though, when i play through the game again.

amaterasu

Writer
Mostly doing somthing in the wrong order in OoT. Like, I go through like, the whole game without first getting Din's Fire. Go to the Shadow Temple, only to find that I CAN'T GET IN. Followed by yelling and cursing as i go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TEMPLE OF TIME and then ALL THE WAY UP THE VINES and then see that BARELY CLOTHED GREAT FAIRY.

Or I get really into a dungeon, only to find that I DON'T HAVE A SMALL KEY.

Pen

The game is on!
When I was about eight years old I was playing Pokémon Crystal and I was collecting coins to buy a Larvitar. I had collected a lot, really, I had been collecting like for hours! So eventually my dad told me to come to eat dinner and by reflex I accidentally turned the power of on my GBC without saving!
I cried afterwards... :(

T

triforce hunter

I would say mine was in loz wind waker when I went out of the boat to collect one of those orbs that enimes leave when a big octo appeared an i died

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom