• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Thankful For?

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Well, Thanksgiving is coming up in America, and it made me think of this: what are you thankful for? I'm thankful for family, friends, my country, and my faith

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'm thankful for my family, relatives, friends, and everything I have appreciated. And I also thank my internet friends here in DGN too. I also thank my life that I have right now. Don't have much, but it's al least something that I can live with and appreciate the simplest of things I have in my life.

Dan

I'm thankful that I was born, so that I can makes everyone's life's 10000000000000000000000 times better just be knowing of my existence.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I am thankful for my friends and family, both the ones I have in real life and online.

Thankful for food, water and shelter.

Thankful for the fact that I can make a difference.

Thankful that the the tornadoes back in 2010 didn't mess me up.

Thankful that none of my friends were messed up by Hurricane Sandy.

Thankful for the fact that I turned out good enough.

Thankful for all the video games I have to play and for ones that have yet to come.

Thankful for this awesome avatar Venace made for me.

Thankful for having an awesome sister who is mentioned in said avatar.

And of course thankful for sunshine and tea because that stuff is just great.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I like this thread. :)

I am thankful for my friends. I love them more than anything else in this world. If it weren't for my friends, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Heck, I probably wouldn't even be here at all today.

I am thankful for my family. I love my parents very much. It's thanks to them that I exist, and because of them providing for me I can continue to live. I appreciate everything they do for me.

I am thankful for the great friends I've made at this site. They are just as important to me as my IRL friends. I am also thankful for making friends with Violet. She and I are now really close, and we think of each other as siblings. I'm thankful for having her in my life. It's thanks to her that I got to know the experience of having a little sister.

I am thankful for the life I have right now. It may not be all that spectacular, but it certainly isn't bad. I'm glad that I am who I am, because I wouldn't want to be anyone else. I appreciate all the factors that shaped me into the person I am today, and I am thankful for being the person I am today.

bunny

birb overlord
Well, first of all, I am thankful I grew up in a Christian home. I know most of you guys on here aren't Christians, but to me it's a HUGE blessing. The peace that comes with knowing Jesus is just amazing and I thank God every single day for leading me into his arms.

I am most definitely grateful for my family. I have a very loving environment thanks to them. To be more specific, I can't remember the last time my parents had a fight. They are very much still in love and I do realize how rare that is, and I'm very glad they love each other so much, even if they say things I don't want to hear sometimes... o_e I'm grateful that I have a sister who I can share... Well, everything with. She's just amazing, and even though she can PMS pretty hard sometimes, I know she doesn't mean it; she's so sweet the rest of the time that I just can't hold it against her. My brother... I'm grateful I have him even though I don't see him a lot... and he likes to wrestle even though I'm a girl... But I still love him.

I'm grateful for the friends I have. The ones here, and the ones in real life as well. I have make a lot of friends, but not many of those friends have stayed by my side. I have about four friends in real life that I have known for a very very long time, and even now, I still talk to them as much as I did when I first met them. My friends on here... Well... To be honest, I feel closer to some of you than some of my friends in real life. Some of you guys are just so sweet and always give me the encouragement I need when I'm feeling down. I hope I never lose a single one of you.

I am SOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOO grateful for art. I love art with allllll my heart. I haven't gotten in trouble with my parents in a long time, but if I did, I'm pretty sure the first thing they'd take away is all resources for me to draw. I love drawing, I love other people's drawing, I love anything art/drawing related. I am extremely grateful for art.

I am grateful for who I am. I have a lot of friends, a good family, and I'm a pretty happy person. I like who I am, and I'm grateful for being me.

I'm grateful for Thanksgiving! You get a break off of school, get to stuff yourself with yummy food, and it gives you the opportunity to realize how blessed you are! Thanksgiving is actually one of my favorite holidays, so of course I'm grateful for it! :3

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I am also thankful that I grew up in a Christian home. Having my parents set down a solid moral foundation has done wonders to help me weather the darkest storms of my life. Including when they eventually divorced. By that time I had made my faith truly my own instead of just what my parents believed, and if I wasn't already sturdy in what I believed I may have completely lost it when I found out. Seriously, I was but a breath away from taking my car and driving north until I ran out of gas just to get away from that, potentially making a life-threatening mistake. I couldn't even talk myself out of doing it, but God could. I am so thankful for that.

I am thankful that God has been leading me to the Catholic church. This is the result of yet another dark storm of my life, when I became disillusioned with the Baptist church I had gone to since my youth. I stopped going for months, and was seriously considering giving up my faith altogether. But God compelled me to visit the local parish, and He was waiting there for me with open arms. I am now in the RCIA class, learning more about the Catholic faith and potentially becoming a full-blown Catholic. I'm still not quite sure if I'm going to do that; I still have many pressing questions and concerns about it. Nevertheless, doing this has strengthened my Christian faith even more.

I am thankful for my family. They have supported me through all of my life's twists and turns, and even after the divorce we are still in good communication. I am thankful to my dad for giving so much for all of us in the family, and for helping to supporting me through college. I am thankful to my mother for raising me up the way she did, and even though things are more strained now than before, she's still my mom and I still love her. I am thankful to my sister for being the extremely outgoing person she is. I'm not sure she knows how much she has affected me, but she has, and I love her for it. I am thankful to my brother for being the one person on this planet who truly understands me. Among a sea of people that I don't really understand, he's the one bastion who I can completely relate to.

I am thankful for the friends I have and had. They have come and gone, but I will never forget them and all that we have been through together. And for the friends that I currently have, even though I don't see them as much anymore I am still thankful for the times, sparse though they may be, where we can still hang out and do stuff together.

I am thankful that I have grown up in the United States of America. The freedom of expression is seriously one of the best things to have ever happened to humanity.

I am thankful that, no matter the situation, I am always able to find a roof over my head and a bed under me. I cannot even begin to comprehend what homeless people go through, and I am thankful that I do have a home, and that I am able to help them as well.

I am thankful that I am able to take part in leisurely activities, such as camping, hiking, running, watching movies, surfing the net, playing videogames, etc. That I live in an era where I don't have to spend my entire being trying to eke out a living is a true blessing.

I am thankful that I finally have a working car. For the longest time my old Wrangler was in and out of the shops, continually breaking down and significantly hindering my mobility. Now that I have a more reliable (and more fuel-efficient) car, that is much less of an issue.

I am thankful for all the delicious food I will stuff into my gullet come next Thursday.

I am thankful that I am able to go to college and get a degree in a field I am extremely interested in. Knowledge is power, and with the knowledge I am gaining here I can go out and make a nice life for myself.

I am thankful that we live in an age of information and knowledge rather than brute strength.

Most importantly, though, I am thankful to God. Even more than my family and especially my brother, He is the one being who knows me better than I know myself. Eve when I cannot forgive myself for what I've done, I know that He already has forgiven me, and that He loves me and cares for me. I can rest easy knowing that, in all the hardships I will endure in my life, God has it all under control. I am thankful that He has made a way for me to get to know Him through his son Jesus, and that someday when I leave this world I will be there with Him for eternity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom