• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are You Looking Forward to the Most in Zelda U?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
With Zelda coming in 2016 early 2017. Zelda U is (hopefully) almost upon us with a huge information blowout. So. What are you guys most excited for?

For me, it is the exploration aspect of Zelda U, and seeing the beautiful sights this beautiful game could have.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's hard to narrow it down to one thing, but I want to see how open the world truly is. I want it to be similar to OoT in that right away you could wander most of the overworld you just couldn't go to important areas right away, blocked by items. I want Zelda U/NX to be like that because the overworld is much more massive than that of say OoT so being able to wander aimlessly means you can get lost which is fun. I'm hoping for that kind of exploration potential.

Secondly I want to see if Link has any other outfits. I absolutely love his blue tunic and it's one of the best designs for him in the series without a doubt but if there are other outfits I want to be able to change at any time. I want that kind of customization.

A few small specifics:

1. Hoping the bow controls are good, I hate the gyroscopic aiming. It's stupid.
2. Want to see how swordplay works, especially from horseback. I'm hoping they got rid of those terrible flail animations and replaced them with real, heavy-looking cavalier swings (from on high at a downward diagonal, or overhand up). This seems like a small beef, but it really really irked me because attacking from horseback has a very specific form because it carries two distinct advantages: height, and momentum. The unweighted looking swings in TP conveyed neither. It constantly tore me out of the experience. Yes I'm aware that I'm likely an outlier in that regard, but whatever I can dream how I wanna dream.
3. Hoping they made swordplay intricate and deep. Last few games have been a joke.

Big Things I'm hoping for/looking forward to:

1. For the love of god, make it more difficult. Puzzle complexity, enemy damage output, Hero Mode from the getgo without flipping the world... GIVE IT TO ME.
2. Can't wait to ride through those green fields and dappled glens and just lose myself in it all.
3. I wanna see all the new enemies they cooked up.
4. Also maybe they made a really unique item?

Apart from the obvious question I will have after E3, "So this is the WiiU version, how will the NX version be better?" . . .
I would probably hope that this game si nothing like OOT. This new Zelda game needs to stand on it's own two feet, not be an OOT clone. If this is largely inspired from OOT I will be totally disappointed. As much as I don't like WW and SS, at least I can say they are nothing like OOT, and that's a great thing. MM and TP are also nothing like OOT (but I think they are actually very good games). I want Zelda New, not OOTHD.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
1. Hoping the bow controls are good, I hate the gyroscopic aiming. It's stupid.
This is actually incredibly shocking to me because the gyroscope controls are the only reason I ever beat any of the shooting gallery minigames in OoT/MM3D. Gyroscope is waaaaay more smooth than just using the control stick, and it's much faster to aim with, too. I would love for them to return in Zelda U/NX, but I'm not sure how that would work.

This is actually incredibly shocking to me because the gyroscope controls are the only reason I ever beat any of the shooting gallery minigames in OoT/MM3D. Gyroscope is waaaaay more smooth than just using the control stick, and it's much faster to aim with, too. I would love for them to return in Zelda U/NX, but I'm not sure how that would work.
The gamepad. Think Starfox Zero.

It's very immersion breaking. That's not how you aim. It's much more in tune for me to use a thumbstick. The gyroscope is not faster or more responsive than well tuned controls. And this is coming from the guy who snipes the guays at or beyond the max draw distance in TP for fun. I know for some games or some people it's good... but to me it's skidmarked garbage.

Edit: To clarify "that's not how you aim" I mean holding both arms up and rotating around is not the most direct translation of aiming a bow, it violates the sense of kinesthetic projection. That's why I hate it for bow aiming but love it in Fatal Frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom