• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS What Are the Masks Made Of?

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Porcelain or wood mostly. some are made from rock or cloth. If you read the MM Manga, then you can kind of guess that Majora's Mask is made of Dark energy or Evil. Same for the Fierce Deity.

S

SageofFire

Found a replica Majora's Mask on sale, it looks insane. Made from polyefrinene! lol I wish I had the money for it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Deku Mask: Deku wood
Goron Mask: Goron
Zora Mask: Fish
Fierce Deity's Mask: God himself
Postman's Hat: Mail
All-Night Mask: 5 Hour Energy
Blast Mask: A bomb
Stone Mask: A boulder
Great Fairy Mask: Tinker Bell
Keaton Mask: Pokemon
Bremen Mask: The Bald Eagle
Bunny Hood: Bugs Bunny
Don Gero Mask: Some drung frog
Mask Of Scents: Scratch N Sniff
Romani Mask: Bella the cow
Circus Leader's Mask: A terrible clown
Kafei's Mask: YOUR FACE!!!
Couple's Mask: Wedding cake
Mask Of Truth: Lies
Kamaro's Mask: Some dead guy's face
Gibdo Mask: Tuttan-Rha (Goosebumps)
Garo's Mask: Obi-Wan Kenobi's cloak
Captain's Hat: My great-great-great aunt Susie's skull
Giant's Mask: A stone slab

Porcelain or wood. This is typically what masks are made out of. It probably differs from mask to mask, but I know several of them make a wooden sound when dropping to the ground in certain cutscenes. Beyond that, they contain grief, suffering, and dark magic, usually sealed with the Song of Healing, or in some cases other emotions or powers if they weren't made with that song.

Basically just wood and hoodoo. :P

Goron Mask: Goron. And Gorons are made of?
Rock. ;)

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Many masks have a link to whoever makes them. besides transformation masks, any other mask is most likely main stream material. Meaning most masks are made of wood, rock, energy, feathers, bone and even cow skin.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Probably wood and other stuff like that. Though there are some that would very likely be different.

For example, the transformation masks contain the souls of whoever the transformation is into, as well as Kamaro's Mask. The Captain's Hat is probably made from the bones of the captain himself, the Blast Mask must be made using some sort of explosive material, and the Stone Mask is likely made from rock. The Bunny Hood (technically not a mask) looks to be made from actual bunny fur, though I am not sure if bunnies existed in the world of Majora's Mask.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Physically speaking: most I'd say are made of wood, though some are made of wool, fabric, and even rock. I'd argue the transformation masks are made of wood, based on the sounds they make when they drop to the ground.

Metaphysically speaking: the masks are an incarnate form of whatever emotion or person's soul they embody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom