• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS What Are the Common Complaints About MM Anyway?

This isn't to bash MM at all--quite the opposite in fact. Because I'm asking to know what to deconstruct using my 6 Day/18 Mask run as a basis. I'd rather know what I'm dealing with better so that the game is more appealing. And give MM credit. It has enough balance issues to bother me, even if they're tame compared to the ones in Kid Icarus Uprising. MM is simply a game where balance issues can afford to be in the backburner in general.

Thinking over the many discussions I've read about the game since it came out, I'm surprised how few complaints players have voiced about it. There is the uncharacteristically small amount of dungeons, though most people easily forgive this on account of how fleshed out the rest of Termina is. That and people who find Tingle to be irritating, though I found him quite charming (Less so once he'd migrated to the Hyrule based games, however).

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Few dungeons, stray fairies, time system stresses people out, too much waiting around, Link is God in this game, and a laughably poor save system.

The save system in this game. It's a complete joke, imo. Oh, and it's more of a game based around side quests than dungeons, but it's something I'm okay with since a couple of my favorite Zelda games are based around side quests, too.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Few dungeons, stray fairies, time system stresses people out, too much waiting around, Link is God in this game, and a laughably poor save system.

The stray fairy thing was pretty ridiculous. And just too much to deal with in the little time you have to get through a dungeon. The dungeons in MM were brutal too. I was always getting lost.

The Great Bay Temple, doe. :facepalm:

somehow I think people would get more upset if there were more dungeons plus the sidequests coupled with the time limit. that'd seem a little unfair.

I'm hearing complaints on gamesfaq that they'd be upset if the developers let players keep all their rupees and stuff, instead of losing it like in the original MM. I don't get why that'd be a bad thing? hell even the first Zelda game lets you keep your stuff.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I don't feel comfortable commenting on the frequency of this complaint about but I feel MM is too liner with regard to the five major dungeons. I'd also like them to add more quests.

I hope anyone reading this understands MM is one of my favorite Zelda games.

Idk, my only complaint was the saving by only using the owl statues.

You had the 3 day duration but once you get your ocarina back from skull kid you can play the inverted song of time to make time go slower or play the other song to skip half a day so there is no waiting period.

Stray fairies weren't that bad; you have a dungeon that can be easy or very complex, and you have the great fairies mask to help you locate fairies in the room you're in. Is it hard? Probably to most players but not to me.

Yes there is 4 dungeons but you also have a lot of sidequests to do before reaching the dungeons or not related to the dungeons at all. I felt like that it made up for the lack of dungeons and bosses to fight; you got the Spider houses in the swamp and great bay. You got the bombers notebook. And you got all of the other events getting placed before entering the dungeon or starting it. It was a nice touch to the game, but I guess majority of players want to bash through a long dungeon that is more complex than anything else.

And I agree, that bank issue is very dumb. I hated the fact that you can only max out to 5,000 rupees. I wanted to add more to my bank but it can only add so much. I hope it gets improved in MM3D along with the saving. Those are my only complaints.

I have zero complaints about Majora's Mask. It did pretty well for what was meant to be a gaiden chapter to Ocarina of Time. I feel like that's exactly what I got: to see at least some of what happened AFTER the Hero of Time he saved Hyrule; given a chance to witness the afterstory is quite rare in the Zelda series, so..yeah.

Djinn

and Tonic
For me it is the main attribute of the game, the three day time period. I absolutely hate it when a game puts me on a time table and everything I have to accomplish must be done within that span. Playing the song of time resets everything and I have to start all over again, which is essentially the same thing to me as dying on the third day anyway. So I always feel like I am being rushed and cannot stop to take time with any single thing in the game since I am always having to finish up everything before I song of time it all back to the beginning.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
So funny to see people complain about having too little time. LOL

And people not understanding how the save system work. LOL!

It is so funny that they complain about the game, using their own lack of mastering the game; to blame the game for being faulty.. Hahaha!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
And people not understanding how the save system work. LOL!

It is so funny that they complain about the game, using their own lack of mastering the game; to blame the game for being faulty.. Hahaha!

A save system should not require mastery. Losing progress because of the save system is a very legitimate complaint. It should be as simple and easy as possible to save a game.

I personally want to see an improved save system, as the last one was a bit faulty.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
A save system should not require mastery. Losing progress because of the save system is a very legitimate complaint. It should be as simple and easy as possible to save a game.

I personally want to see an improved save system, as the last one was a bit faulty.

The save system in OOT requires mastery. You got to be able to actually figure out that you have to press save, to save ...

Same thing with MM, once you understand how you save, it is the simplest thing in the world! LOL

So again, stop blaming the game for your own shortcoming!

AHAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom