• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Were You Annoyed by This?

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum?! I hope you guys are having wonderful dreams. :D

Ok, to start, I am going to just blurt it out right here, right now. Were you annoyed that when Link finds more rupees in a chest, but your wallet is completely full of rupees, so you couldn't keep them and had to put them back. This annoyed me not because I just want to collect rupees, don't get me wrong by this, it helped save me a lot of rupees, but I was annoyed by this because every time I needed rupees, I couldn't locate all of the chests I returned its rupees back into into the chests and I spent many hours just to find a single chest with only 5 rupees inside. I'm just posting to see if any of you were also annoyed by this.

Thank you for spending your valuable time to read my thoughts on this matter. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
yeah that did annoy me. how can i 100% it with these unopen chest? i mean im gonna be in a dungeon searching for pieces of heart i then i'll end up returning to the chest to check whats in it and then boom some useles money, which then goes back in the chest. so then i get mad and shut it off. then like a week later i return for the peice of heart and then end up checking the same chest

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. In the WW which I am currently playing through it annoys me that when I open a chest and get rupees and I have a full wallet link does not put them back for later. Those rupees are then gone forever from the world never to come back.

In the overworld it's not a problem at all. In fact it's quite a bonus.

However, in a dungeon it is very annoying because (and I'm sure most people here would agree) you always want to leave the dungeon as complete as you possibly can and if your map still has chests on it then you don't feel like you've done so. But I can think of a way to improve the system - how about a rupee icon appearing on you map next to or on top of the chest after you've opened it. That way you don't go searching for them in the hope that it's a heart piece or something else of importance, and if you go back to a dungeon specifically to fill up your wallet you have an instant way of checking where to look (the icon could even be the relevant colour so you don't waste ages for the sake of 5 rupees). It would also show on the map that you have in fact opened every chest which would certainly go some way to mollifying the OCD that I'm sure is in many of us where Zelda is concerned.

iDarkLink

Sage of the Dark World
I hate it when that crap happens. Yet, if you don't know by now, there is a silver rupee in the Kakariko Village's bell on the Shaman's house. WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BOMBS ( :bomb: ) AND ARROWS ( :bow: )! Twice I went there and got nothing. First time: no arrows. Second time: no bombs.:facepalm:im such a fail.

:facepalm:I just went off on a random tangent, didn't I...? Ugh!

It didn't really bug me but maybe they could make it so you take the rupees until you bag is full then leave the rest so you still get rupees but it won't get wasted either.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
YESSSS! That was annoying to me. Especially in a dungeon when your wallet is full and the compass shows an unopened chest on the map, but you cannot take the rupee bc your wallet is full. With my 5 second memory, who knows how many times I went back and checked to make sure it wasn't a small key ;p

It did sort of kind of annoyed me too because once your wallet is full in the middle of a dungeon and find like a red rupee in a chest, but then you put it back because you are full and it will still show a chest on your map if you got the compass, but in the overworld it’s not really that bad.

It would be cool if they made it so you can have however many your wallet can fit, but instead of it having a cash limit it has a capacity limit. you can have 999 green rupees, but you could also have 999 red rupees which would be more. it would be cool to manage your currency in the game. and you can mix and match like 998 green rupees and one silver rupee. just examples of my idea. Say you are in a cave with a full wallet and you stumble upon a orange rupee. you can drop a green rupee for the orange to fit.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
It would be cool if they made it so you can have however many your wallet can fit, but instead of it having a cash limit it has a capacity limit. you can have 999 green rupees, but you could also have 999 red rupees which would be more. it would be cool to manage your currency in the game. and you can mix and match like 998 green rupees and one silver rupee. just examples of my idea. Say you are in a cave with a full wallet and you stumble upon a orange rupee. you can drop a green rupee for the orange to fit.

^^ This.

Braivety

FPT | Breb
The most annoying part about this was it took like a whole freakin minute to say ''You found a purple rupee!....................................................................................It dosen't fit in your wallet................................:et's put it back''

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
YES. Oh my goodness that was so annoying! I always said I would go back to those chests... and I never did. Nintendo should've cut back on the number of rupee chests :P I never, ever, was short on rupees in that game.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
No, the extra text annoys me. Like when you pick up blue/yellow rupees the first time you start playing again. Skyward Sword made it even more annoying with the treasures and bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom