• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Welcome, to Bok-Chan-Samas School for Anime Boys

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was asking because if ALIT turns out town zachie would be my next go to lynch unless something happens before eod.

Similarly, if ALIT turns out town who would that make you go after?
I would say Deku, but after I read your post in which you put yourself in Mido's shoes, I started leaning more towards him.

I'm more than a bit suspicious about Mido right now due to how quickly the vote shifted from him to Jimmy and how Jimmy flipped town. If ALIT also flips town, my money will be on Deku & Mido as a townie would have a damn good reason for pushing so hard on someone.

Maybe our Vig can do us a favour & shoot Deku or Mido if ALIT ends up flipping?

If on the other hand, ALIT flips scum, I would be pressing Mido. It'd more or less confirm Deku as town.
I agree with this. I'd actually go as far as to say, if we have a Goon Cop in this game, that they should target whoever the Vig targeted too, just in case one of those roles exists but the other does not. Between the two, I think Mido would make for a great Cop investigation.

I'm not going to act like my case on Jimmu was particularly strong, but I don't agree with the notion that my lynch would have been any better either. I'd question the inverse, surely. What made my potential lynch any better than Jimmu's? My inactivity alone? Now, if you disagreed with my read of Jimmu at that time, that's fair. Still, I'd say this put our prospects from an omniscient standpoint at a more equal footing. From my perspective at the time, I certainly thought it better. I should note that this part of my post isn't solely directed at you as it is also those who have echoed similar statements.
Tying up votes in an attempt to save yourself is not inherently scummy. Of course you're gonna think an alternative lynch is better than your own though, that's natural. So I'm not sure why you need to state that part, it seems rather redundant. In fact this whole paragraph seems a bit defensive to me, when it need not be.

I'm more skeptical of your intent here. I accepted your reasoning for joining funnier's pressure voting towards me since more votes often add more pressure, so that makes sense. However, it doesn't seem like you had any read of Jimmu in particular at all. This,p looked like an easy opportunity to secure a lynch of a player without any alignment concern. The randomness of the progression here is very worrying.

Vote: A Link In Time
What do you mean by the bolded part? I don't like it. Jimmu was town, so it would make sense for Alit, as scum, to vote him since all townies are expendable in the eyes of the mafia. But then what do you mean by securing a lynch without any alignment concern? If Alit was scum, this would imply that you are as well, since he'd be moving the lynch from a scumbud onto one who he would know to be town. If he had any concerns about lynching you, it'd be because you are mafia.

I'm going to address the last part here.

Let me put myself in your position, you're town about to be lynched on day one or at least in the coin toss when at the last minute someone saves you.

If that was me I'd be shouting from the roof tops that neither myself nor ALIT were scum since you happen to know he had no reason to save you.

Which brings us to the present where you are lynching him for poor progression, I can easily see you as mafia either bussing or band wagoning and that pretty much throws out my town lean on you.

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do about that but I'm feeling less good about lynching ALIT because of it.
I noted this above, I think this is a very good point and a good perspective to look at it in. This potentially makes Mido rise up higher on my suspicion list, but I'm going to keep my vote on Alit due to recent events.

Caught up to where I rejoined the game. Gonna answer your questions in a few, but first I'm going to share my thoughts:
Pen's vote for Mido was RVS I believe, before he just didn't post for a while. Sounds very familiar. Why am I being called out but not him?
I know it's redundant for me to say this, since others already have, but the circumstances were different. Pen made an RVS vote and then just disappeared. You made an RVS vote and then made it clear that you were just gonna sit back and let the day happen, without removing your RVS vote.

Hmm, fair enough. I simply found that wagon to be very opportunistic for what seemed like a newbie blunder.

Okay, and why weren't you doing that before? Like I said, I liked the content you produced at the time, but it seemed like you weren't concerned with the game until it came to you. Were you busy or intentionally lying low?

My first thought when comparing the two wagons was simply that I liked your content more as you bothered to show up at least and try to game solve while Jimmu vanished completely. But I did immediately mention in twilight that voting on a wagon with Deku made me uncomfortable. I'm not sure what there is to doubt here as it's all recorded in the thread.

Good point. I hadn't considered things from this perspective. Mido would have known that the wagons were town/town so which one I was on should make no difference. I noticed he gave himself a way out by calling my vote on Day 1 incredibly opportunistic, but his vote in the middle of my wagon is just that.

Unvote

Vote: Mido
This seems like a really sudden change of opinion. I mean, on the surface it makes sense, but this seems like a complete 180, or it's an OMGUS. Either way, it doesn't look good. I'm gonna keep my vote where it is.

This makes a lot of sense, and I don't know why it seems like people are overlooking all the reasoning for ALIT's actions. I feel like he's been pretty good at explaining himself, and it makes a lot of sense. What doesn't make sense is the reasons that people have for voting him. Does someone wanna answer why they think he would be so obvious to save his scumbud on day 1? Especially when he could've left it up to a coin-toss to decide, which while it would have been risky if he and Mido are scum, it would have been less risky than what he did.
If Mido were to flip scum, would you find Alit suspicious? If the mafia decided not to recruit the Traitor, then the numbers would be extremely against them, so they would naturally want to try to save each other. And Alit's vote on Mido makes sense if he was trying to gain some early town cred by pressuring his scum bud to post. Even if they did recruit the Traitor, their numbers still wouldn't be favourable and they wouldn't want to lose anyway.

I realize Alit's move would be risky if he and Mido are both scum, but considering the possible mafia abilities, I think it's quite likely that Mido has a power role, possibly role cop or JoaT, that the mafia really wouldn't want to lose. Since they had the option to choose three of the five abilities, three of which are power roles, I would be shocked if they didn't have at least one power role in their arsenal. Alit's move makes me believe Mido has one, assuming Alit is scum.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Actually, I just had a thought. I do think it likely that Mido and Alit are scumbuds, but if Mido does indeed have a power role, then would he even show up as a Mafia goon in a potential Goon Cop investigation? I would assume not, and if that's the case, then he'll be safe from investigations. Given that, I think it's actually better to lynch Mido today. His role will determine whether or not Alit is scum, and therefore his lynch will give us more information.

Unvote

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If Mido were to flip scum, would you find Alit suspicious? If the mafia decided not to recruit the Traitor, then the numbers would be extremely against them, so they would naturally want to try to save each other. And Alit's vote on Mido makes sense if he was trying to gain some early town cred by pressuring his scum bud to post. Even if they did recruit the Traitor, their numbers still wouldn't be favourable and they wouldn't want to lose anyway.

I realize Alit's move would be risky if he and Mido are both scum, but considering the possible mafia abilities, I think it's quite likely that Mido has a power role, possibly role cop or JoaT, that the mafia really wouldn't want to lose. Since they had the option to choose three of the five abilities, three of which are power roles, I would be shocked if they didn't have at least one power role in their arsenal. Alit's move makes me believe Mido has one, assuming Alit is scum.

If Mido were to flip scum, I would certainly have to reevaluate my opinion on ALIT. It's hard to say, as I see Mido kinda scummy now, but ALIT not so much. I guess it depends on what Mido's role (if he were scum) would be. Like you said, it could be a case of Mido having the more important power role, which could explain ALIT taking that risk. It's similar to what I did last game. Though the difference is that I knew we were potentially in a situation where we would win the game that night anyways, whereas this is a day 1 thing which is a much bigger risk. Not to mention, there's less mafia in this game and ALIT's move (if he and Mido are scum) outed two of them right at the beginning. When instead he could have chanced Mido being lynched and possibly not gotten much heat on him until later in the game.

I would think it would be unlikely that the mafia didn't choose to recruit the traitor. That's one of the more valuable abilities they could pick, and we know they chose at least one since I have the innocent child role.

I'm not saying that I don't see a case against ALIT here. I'm just saying that I don't find it as convincing right now as everyone else apparently does.

Pen

The game is on!
I'm not saying that I don't see a case against ALIT here. I'm just saying that I don't find it as convincing right now as everyone else apparently does.

I agree completely with this. I understand where the suspicions for ALIT, DN and Mido are coming from, but I personally don't view either of them as particularly scummy. I guess the one thing about ALIT that bothers me is how he seems to have lost his strive to scum hunt. From what I've seen today, while ALIT has been under attack he has barely done anything to suggest other lynch candidates. He's been too focused on defending himself (something some players accused him of not doing...). I do read his recent lack of scum hunting as a bit scummy.

I know it's redundant for me to say this, since others already have, but the circumstances were different. Pen made an RVS vote and then just disappeared. You made an RVS vote and then made it clear that you were just gonna sit back and let the day happen, without removing your RVS vote.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I made it clear earlier this day phase that, had I been around through all of day 1, I would have most likely kept my random vote on Mido too. No one seemed bothered by that when I mentioned it earlier.

Anyway, I find myself agreeing completely with DN on his thoughts and views on EMIYA. While it's not a super strong case, I certainly find it noteworthy nonetheless. And my suspicions on Zachie have grown a bit as well. I get that he's not used to day periods being this long, but as a Townie I think longer days like this are only beneficial. Most of us are probably just Vanilla Townies, so our power lies with our vote. If we don't have enough time to discuss and debate and make up our minds during the day, we risk missing out on the only real power that we have. A Mafia member would want to shorten the day, not a Townie. At least not a day period that's only 72 hours long. Also, the way Zachie popped in earlier and just said how he didn't like this length of day didn't sit quite right with me. There was still good discussion going on, so it made him seem very uncooperative.

Vote: Zachie

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Most of us are probably just Vanilla Townies

Since you said this, do you think the mafia would have chosen the max amount of abilities (3) or do you think they maybe only chose one or two to lessen the amount of town power roles? We obviously know they chose at least one since my role is revealed, but if they chose 3 abilities, then there would only be two vanilla townies left right now.

A Mafia member would want to shorten the day, not a Townie. At least not a day period that's only 72 hours long. Also, the way Zachie popped in earlier and just said how he didn't like this length of day didn't sit quite right with me. There was still good discussion going on, so it made him seem very uncooperative.

This is an interesting point, and does remind me of funnier's complaints about day length when he first started playing and was scum. I had been dismissing some of the questionable things Zachie has done as just his normal town play style, but I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye on him now. Especially as I didn't feel too good about his vote on ALIT earlier, but this just adds to it.

Pen

The game is on!
Since you said this, do you think the mafia would have chosen the max amount of abilities (3) or do you think they maybe only chose one or two to lessen the amount of town power roles? We obviously know they chose at least one since my role is revealed, but if they chose 3 abilities, then there would only be two vanilla townies left right now.

I really can't say for sure how many powers the Mafia chose. It depends on who are on the scum team I guess. Obviously there are upsides and downsides either way though. I think one or two powers seems the most credible. Picking all three powers seems like a bit much. And they probably wouldn't wanna give the Town too many abilities.

funnier6

Courage~
Actually, I just had a thought. I do think it likely that Mido and Alit are scumbuds, but if Mido does indeed have a power role, then would he even show up as a Mafia goon in a potential Goon Cop investigation? I would assume not, and if that's the case, then he'll be safe from investigations. Given that, I think it's actually better to lynch Mido today. His role will determine whether or not Alit is scum, and therefore his lynch will give us more information.

Unvote

I disagree with your reasoning here, since there isn't any godfather power to pick, but I'm 100% on board with Mido vs ALIT wagons.
I agree completely with this. I understand where the suspicions for ALIT, DN and Mido are coming from, but I personally don't view either of them as particularly scummy. I guess the one thing about ALIT that bothers me is how he seems to have lost his strive to scum hunt. From what I've seen today, while ALIT has been under attack he has barely done anything to suggest other lynch candidates. He's been too focused on defending himself (something some players accused him of not doing...). I do read his recent lack of scum hunting as a bit scummy.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I made it clear earlier this day phase that, had I been around through all of day 1, I would have most likely kept my random vote on Mido too. No one seemed bothered by that when I mentioned it earlier.

Anyway, I find myself agreeing completely with DN on his thoughts and views on EMIYA. While it's not a super strong case, I certainly find it noteworthy nonetheless. And my suspicions on Zachie have grown a bit as well. I get that he's not used to day periods being this long, but as a Townie I think longer days like this are only beneficial. Most of us are probably just Vanilla Townies, so our power lies with our vote. If we don't have enough time to discuss and debate and make up our minds during the day, we risk missing out on the only real power that we have. A Mafia member would want to shorten the day, not a Townie. At least not a day period that's only 72 hours long. Also, the way Zachie popped in earlier and just said how he didn't like this length of day didn't sit quite right with me. There was still good discussion going on, so it made him seem very uncooperative.

Vote: Zachie

Is that really all you've got on zachie? I mean, it's something, but he still reminds me of last game when I thought he was being weird so I shot him.

What do you think about Mezlo and storm?

This is an interesting point, and does remind me of funnier's complaints about day length when he first started playing and was scum. I had been dismissing some of the questionable things Zachie has done as just his normal town play style, but I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye on him now. Especially as I didn't feel too good about his vote on ALIT earlier, but this just adds to it.

Tbh I probably would've complained as town too, the day was dragging and I was getting bored, though idk you may be right.

Do you wanna get a reads list for us? I feel like it would be a good idea.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Tbh I probably would've complained as town too, the day was dragging and I was getting bored, though idk you may be right.

Do you wanna get a reads list for us? I feel like it would be a good idea.

I was just noting the similarities. Especially as you seem to have gotten over the days being long now. It could be nothing, but it's interesting to note.

I don't have much of a reads list at the moment, but I'll post the gist of what I'm feeling right now for convenience.

Leaning town:
funnier
Mezlo

Slight town read on ALIT at the moment, but it could change based on Mido's flip (assuming Mido is lynched before ALIT)

Null:
Storm
EMIYA (kinda wanna lean town, but also have some reservations based on some of his weirdness like thinking Jamie's death was mafia's attempt to frame him)
Pendio

Zachie is somewhere in the middle of null and a possible slight scum lean. I feel like a lot of his actions have been similar to his town play, but they are also kinda odd, so I can't entirely dismiss them.

Leaning Scum:
Mido
DekuNut

funnier6

Courage~
I was just noting the similarities. Especially as you seem to have gotten over the days being long now. It could be nothing, but it's interesting to note.

I don't have much of a reads list at the moment, but I'll post the gist of what I'm feeling right now for convenience.

Leaning town:
funnier
Mezlo

Slight town read on ALIT at the moment, but it could change based on Mido's flip (assuming Mido is lynched before ALIT)

Null:
Storm
EMIYA (kinda wanna lean town, but also have some reservations based on some of his weirdness like thinking Jamie's death was mafia's attempt to frame him)
Pendio

Zachie is somewhere in the middle of null and a possible slight scum lean. I feel like a lot of his actions have been similar to his town play, but they are also kinda odd, so I can't entirely dismiss them.

Leaning Scum:
Mido
DekuNut

Why dekunut as scum? Feels weird asking you questions cause I can't really accuse you of anything, lol.

I thought all his day two posts were much better but I guess you didn't agree?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Why dekunut as scum? Feels weird asking you questions cause I can't really accuse you of anything, lol.

I thought all his day two posts were much better but I guess you didn't agree?

Haha. Well, asking questions to confirmed townies can help see things from a viewpoint that you know you can trust so it can be useful.

I'll admit, my case for Deku isn't really that strong. His day 2 posts aren't bad, and I appreciate that he's trying to explain his day 1 actions, but I still don't quite feel good about him saying his plan was to see what we learned overnight and go from there. Since that just seems out of line with his usual opinions. The game had gotten somewhat serious before that point, and he didn't offer any opinion on that at all. He just kept his pressure vote on Jimmu and said no one stood out to him. I do understand that he was busy at the time, but if he was caught up enough at the time to say he didn't see anything that stood out from anyone, I feel he could have offered his thoughts at least a little bit on the recent discussion.

So it's kinda a mixture of not entirely buying his explanation for the waiting and seeing plan, some gut feeling, and the fact that I see him scummier than most of the rest of the people and I didn't want to just have one scum lean.

Pen

The game is on!
What do you think about Mezlo and storm?

Mezlo seems to be playing a fair enough game so far in my opinion. His thought processes make sense and I'm not particularly suspicious of him.

I'm surprised you ask anyone about what the think of Storm though. How can anyone have any decent reads on him already?

funnier6

Courage~
Mezlo seems to be playing a fair enough game so far in my opinion. His thought processes make sense and I'm not particularly suspicious of him.

I'm surprised you ask anyone about what the think of Storm though. How can anyone have any decent reads on him already?

Because I'm town reading him, I like your answer though.

If zachie flips town who would you go for next?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Can the people who still see me tell the people that threadblocked me to undo that? I asked Tristan a question or two way back when I started. I want his thoughts

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Eh, why not?

Vote: DekuNut

My gut's telling me that he's the strongest lead we've got. Despite most of his posts being on point and honestly even his pressure on me being hard to contest, I'm disinclined to trust his nonchalance about the end of Day 1. Choosing to sit back overnight and let the NKs resolve themselves does not sit well with me, and he still had plenty of time to unvote Jimmu even before the wagon took off. At least Alit tried to push for activity then; Deku did not.

You've seen how I played as Mafia, so as Town I try to be a little bit more perceptive. Some of my hunches have been really left field in past games, but I try to stay two steps from hell ahead about who targets who and what their reasons might be.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Can the people who still see me tell the people that threadblocked me to undo that? I asked Tristan a question or two way back when I started. I want his thoughts
You sure? I looked back and didn't see any questions.

Eh, why not?

Vote: DekuNut

My gut's telling me that he's the strongest lead we've got. Despite most of his posts being on point and honestly even his pressure on me being hard to contest, I'm disinclined to trust his nonchalance about the end of Day 1. Choosing to sit back overnight and let the NKs resolve themselves does not sit well with me, and he still had plenty of time to unvote Jimmu even before the wagon took off. At least Alit tried to push for activity then; Deku did not.

You've seen how I played as Mafia, so as Town I try to be a little bit more perceptive. Some of my hunches have been really left field in past games, but I try to stay two steps from hell ahead about who targets who and what their reasons might be.
Everyone ignores my explanation of that post! It's badly worded, but I didn't disappear for the rest of the day becayse I didn't want to do anything with day one. They were unrelated things.
At the time I posted that was all I had. Nobody stood out to me, and unless someone did I had nothing to look into. I was thinking about gamesolving and was hoping the night would give us an idea of other power roles (it did not).
And then I stopped posting becayse I got busy, not becayse I just wanted to let Day One play out.
Its like most of you are just ignoring where Ive explained it before.
Also, reread Boks second post. Town gets twice the mafia roles plus two. So, even if mafia picked zero powers, we'd have two. That means it's possible, though unlikely, that we have no model students left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom