• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Welcome, to Bok-Chan-Samas School for Anime Boys

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Thank you for helping me articulate what I had trouble with before.

I just wanted one concrete wagon at the time for people to react to instead of several dilute wagons, since I thought people would be more likely to comment if one wagon built up as the game was so inactive at the time.

I dislike the whole "if I were scum" paradigm when playing as town, but if I were scum, I wouldn't make such blatant moves that raise suspicion on me.

It's unfortunate that things turned out this way, but I simply did not feel sure about a Mido lynch after his replies to me. I think it made sense from his perspective to see my vote on his wagon as opportunistic. I disliked his comment about not seeing Deku as scummy, but I bought his reasoning of Jimmu potentially wanting to distance himself from a potential Libk lynch.

Why was leaving it at coin flip not an option?

funnier6

Courage~
A few of your posts give me the feeling that you're only saying what you need too and then getting out fast. Some of them also contradict other things you've said, which I have pointed out before.

As I've said, I am not used too 72 hour day phases. I'm not used to having to be active for such long periods of time before a lynch or death offers up some new information that I can use.

Did you not notice the question at the top?

All I played were 12/12 phases before I joined this site and it never stopped me. There's like, twenty thousand useful bits of information other than deaths you know.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The difference here, which I believe funnier already partly referenced, is that funnier's vote on Minish was pure RVS while Zachie's came later in the day cycle. Not to mention, Zachie's post was absolutely legitimate before realizing the error behind his vote. This being noted, I don't think these scenarios are wholly similar given the circumstances of the votes.

Hmm, fair enough. I simply found that wagon to be very opportunistic for what seemed like a newbie blunder.

Mido said:
My thought process at EOD was simple. Try and solve the game, which I was doing. I got a couple of town leans from a few players and sought out potential scum, just as anyone would. The answer to the Zachie question is above.

Okay, and why weren't you doing that before? Like I said, I liked the content you produced at the time, but it seemed like you weren't concerned with the game until it came to you. Were you busy or intentionally lying low?

Mido said:
I'm more skeptical of your intent here. I accepted your reasoning for joining funnier's pressure voting towards me since more votes often add more pressure, so that makes sense. However, it doesn't seem like you had any read of Jimmu in particular at all. This,p looked like an easy opportunity to secure a lynch of a player without any alignment concern. The randomness of the progression here is very worrying.

Vote: A Link In Time

My first thought when comparing the two wagons was simply that I liked your content more as you bothered to show up at least and try to game solve while Jimmu vanished completely. But I did immediately mention in twilight that voting on a wagon with Deku made me uncomfortable. I'm not sure what there is to doubt here as it's all recorded in the thread.

Zachie

Moo
Did you not notice the question at the top?
The "Why?"

It's because of their activity. They're being honest with their answers, offering up suggestions, and are generally acting town.

You, on the other hand, are being too active but I'm about 50/50 on whether or not you're scum.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
A few of your posts give me the feeling that you're only saying what you need too and then getting out fast. Some of them also contradict other things you've said, which I have pointed out before.

Can you show me specific examples of contradicting myself? And getting out fast has more to do with it being Labor Day weekend here in the US than anything game related.

Zachie

Moo
Can you show me specific examples of contradicting myself? And getting out fast has more to do with it being Labor Day weekend here in the US than anything game related.

Specifically the one where you said something about someone voting & then leaving and then you doing the same thing.

funnier6

Courage~
The "Why?"

It's because of their activity. They're being honest with their answers, offering up suggestions, and are generally acting town.

You, on the other hand, are being too active but I'm about 50/50 on whether or not you're scum.

So "because active"? Nothing to do anything particular they said, or who they were talking about or why they said it? What particular suggestions are you talking about? What on earth qualifies as general town to you?

I also like they're activity, but you need to dig a bit deeper than that.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
I'm going to address the last part here.

Let me put myself in your position, you're town about to be lynched on day one or at least in the coin toss when at the last minute someone saves you.

If that was me I'd be shouting from the roof tops that neither myself nor ALIT were scum since you happen to know he had no reason to save you.

Which brings us to the present where you are lynching him for poor progression, I can easily see you as mafia either bussing or band wagoning and that pretty much throws out my town lean on you.

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do about that but I'm feeling less good about lynching ALIT because of it.

Good point. I hadn't considered things from this perspective. Mido would have known that the wagons were town/town so which one I was on should make no difference. I noticed he gave himself a way out by calling my vote on Day 1 incredibly opportunistic, but his vote in the middle of my wagon is just that.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

funnier6

Courage~
Good point. I hadn't considered things from this perspective. Mido would have known that the wagons were town/town so which one I was on should make no difference. I noticed he gave himself a way out by calling my vote on Day 1 incredibly opportunistic, but his vote in the middle of my wagon is just that.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

Okay, if you were going to distance Mido this was the way to do it.

-ponders-

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
As Town I'm always super defensive over misunderstandings. Died too many times because of it. :P

What does not having a vote on me have to do with anything, though? Do you think I'd make an easy target otherwise?

---

As far as the rest of the Day's events goes, the Alit's lynch is pretty much set in stone so I see no reason to pursue it personally. Whether he flips Town or scum determines who we should go after tomorrow. I don't have any imposing vibes coming from anyone else apart from Deku's odd sense of reasoning, but that's more of a pet peeve than intuition.

If you had to vote for someone, who would it be?

Zachie

Moo
Speaking of peacing out, I gotta head out for the day! It's Fathers Day here and I gotta go see my dad.

I'll be back tomorrow before phase end.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
@EMIYA Shirou That's not why. It's because you don't actually have pressure against you. Just thoughts. Nobody has made moves to vote for or lynch you. Our lynch targets have always been elsewhere, whether they be Jim, Mido, or ALIT. A little defense is fine, but you seem to be a lot more worried about your defense than most people without votes would be. You're in a position where you can afford to be calm and collected about things, but I feel like you aren't.
And? It feels to me like you're overthinking my position. Nobody had any reason to cast a vote my way let alone lynch me. Why are you so caught up on that? I'll admit that I was under the impression the Mafia was trying to set me up at the beginning of the Day, but nothing came of that and everybody moved on to other targets. Long story short, I wouldn't act "paranoid" if I was scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom