• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Welcome, to Bok-Chan-Samas School for Anime Boys

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
@Mido @funnier6

Regarding Zachie, I find it weird that he gained traction for his vote on Minish when funnier also did so earlier in the thread and didn't. I saw you said that post was prepared beforehand to make a girl joke, funnier, but do you also find the uneven focus strange despite you two doing basically the same thing?

The difference here, which I believe funnier already partly referenced, is that funnier's vote on Minish was pure RVS while Zachie's came later in the day cycle. Not to mention, Zachie's post was absolutely legitimate before realizing the error behind his vote. This being noted, I don't think these scenarios are wholly similar given the circumstances of the votes.

All in the name of pressure.

Well, I am still wary of Deku after Jimmu's lynch, and I also have Mido as a suspect for being on the wagon. I want to hear some more thoughts from him about his thought process at EoD 1 as well as the answer to the question about Zachie's vote for Minish I just posted.

My thought process at EOD was simple. Try and solve the game, which I was doing. I got a couple of town leans from a few players and sought out potential scum, just as anyone would. The answer to the Zachie question is above.

Just covering some bases in case Mafia wanted to use his NK to frame me. My comment was that "out of all the inactives, Jamie sticks out to me the most because he posted at the beginning of the Day but not since" or something along those lines. I could see them pulling that kind of stunt since I said a little bit before then that they could NK Alit to frame me or vice versa, so they chose another target that I happened to mention. Might be reaching here, but you gotta think like a Mafioso to beat one.

Okay, I see. I didn't take into account your earlier vote from Day 1.

Mido's vote is the least suspicious to me, at least in principle, since tying votes up to save yourself isn't inherently suspicious. However, I found the argument he used as a basis for his vote to be a bit lacking, as Jimmu's pressure vote seemed pretty fair to me. Mido's vote also seems a tad opportunistic, as it came shortly after his wagon dropped down to just two votes (allowing himself to place one to tie it up). I find it strange that he didn't vote until the opportunity arose for a potential self-save based on the vote counts.

As far as the timing of my vote is concerned, I stated after making my case against Jimmu that I was rereading the thread to gain better perspective on the game and catch up in full to that point. I can understand why you find the timing suspect, but these were not elements I took note of when working on my reads.

I'm still confused as to what exactly made Jimmu a better lynch than Mido overall.

I'm not going to act like my case on Jimmu was particularly strong, but I don't agree with the notion that my lynch would have been any better either. I'd question the inverse, surely. What made my potential lynch any better than Jimmu's? My inactivity alone? Now, if you disagreed with my read of Jimmu at that time, that's fair. Still, I'd say this put our prospects from an omniscient standpoint at a more equal footing. From my perspective at the time, I certainly thought it better. I should note that this part of my post isn't solely directed at you as it is also those who have echoed similar statements.

I didn't consider Mido not popping in until the end of the day to be suspicious at the time. I was satisfied with his replies and more uncomfortable lynching him so I switched to Jimmu at the last minute despite Deku being my preferred lynch over either them.

It honestly doesn't matter to me that my suspicions are of the two people who ended up on the same wagon as me. It may seem hypocritical, but I believe my reasons for doing so, namely Mido improving his posting and the composition of the Jimmu wagon being slightly preferable in its composition at the time, to be sound.

I'm more skeptical of your intent here. I accepted your reasoning for joining funnier's pressure voting towards me since more votes often add more pressure, so that makes sense. However, it doesn't seem like you had any read of Jimmu in particular at all. This,p looked like an easy opportunity to secure a lynch of a player without any alignment concern. The randomness of the progression here is very worrying.

Vote: A Link In Time

Jusy becayse I'm posting doesnt mean I'm not still busy, just that Im working to carve out time for this. I'll get the rest read before EoD.

I agree with the recruited traitor being likely. I wouldn't want the chance to accisentally kill my own scumbud.

Now where have I seen this before? :oops:

Jericho-List.jpg

THE LIST OF STORMICHO

Read it in, maaaan! :cool:

funnier6

Courage~
Oh Funnier-Senpai ;) you will always be scum to me. now it's time for
Jericho-List.jpg

THE LIST OF STORMICHO
ALIT
Dekunut
Thar
JimJam-Model Student
JamJim-Model Student

Funnier6-:eek:nion:
Tristan
Midoo
Minish-Innocent Child
Pen
Zatch Cowbell

simply put, I think Funnier is scum yet again due to extreme luck. Tristan I'm on the fence for

honestly I don't have anything. the jimmu lynch was residual RVS and I don't think scum would suffer Jamie to live. I am open to questions though. so @Mellow Ezlo @Pendio @DekuNut ready when you are

So is this entire post made up or are these actual reads?

All of my next questions kinda depend on that.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I just got here Funnier. thrust into the groove. Tristan is always a midread. he has this power to sway the tides. I have been told its not just because he has gained extreme respect through cliques. his words have merit from doing this for years.

while I'm here...smooth softclaim day one of Korra3. props

funnier6

Courage~
The difference here, which I believe funnier already partly referenced, is that funnier's vote on Minish was pure RVS while Zachie's came later in the day cycle. Not to mention, Zachie's post was absolutely legitimate before realizing the error behind his vote. This being noted, I don't think these scenarios are wholly similar given the circumstances of the votes.

My thought process at EOD was simple. Try and solve the game, which I was doing. I got a couple of town leans from a few players and sought out potential scum, just as anyone would. The answer to the Zachie question is above.

Okay, I see. I didn't take into account your earlier vote from Day 1.

As far as the timing of my vote is concerned, I stated after making my case against Jimmu that I was rereading the thread to gain better perspective on the game and catch up in full to that point. I can understand why you find the timing suspect, but these were not elements I took note of when working on my reads.

I'm not going to act like my case on Jimmu was particularly strong, but I don't agree with the notion that my lynch would have been any better either. I'd question the inverse, surely. What made my potential lynch any better than Jimmu's? My inactivity alone? Now, if you disagreed with my read of Jimmu at that time, that's fair. Still, I'd say this put our prospects from an omniscient standpoint at a more equal footing. From my perspective at the time, I certainly thought it better. I should note that this part of my post isn't solely directed at you as it is also those who have echoed similar statements.

I'm more skeptical of your intent here. I accepted your reasoning for joining funnier's pressure voting towards me since more votes often add more pressure, so that makes sense. However, it doesn't seem like you had any read of Jimmu in particular at all. This,p looked like an easy opportunity to secure a lynch of a player without any alignment concern. The randomness of the progression here is very worrying.

Now where have I seen this before? :oops:

Read it in, maaaan! :cool:

I'm going to address the last part here.

Let me put myself in your position, you're town about to be lynched on day one or at least in the coin toss when at the last minute someone saves you.

If that was me I'd be shouting from the roof tops that neither myself nor ALIT were scum since you happen to know he had no reason to save you.

Which brings us to the present where you are lynching him for poor progression, I can easily see you as mafia either bussing or band wagoning and that pretty much throws out my town lean on you.

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do about that but I'm feeling less good about lynching ALIT because of it.

funnier6

Courage~
I just got here Funnier. thrust into the groove. Tristan is always a midread. he has this power to sway the tides. I have been told its not just because he has gained extreme respect through cliques. his words have merit from doing this for years.

while I'm here...smooth softclaim day one of Korra3. props

What do you think about ALITs wagon?

Storm

...can't help but wonder if Alit and Deku might be scumbuds, and Alit found his day 1 actions scummy enough to justify an easy and subtle bus. I didn't think much of it before, until I noticed Alit joined a wagon that Deku was also involved in (which Alit himself pointed out, which was something I didn't think he needed to point out, since it seems rather defensive).

I can see an Alit - Deku team being fairly likely. I can also easily see an Alit - Mido team being likely, but I don't see all three of them being scum together because I doubt they'd all participate in a day 1 town lynch together.

Considering he is the common denominator here, Alit, is going to be the one to receive my vote.

I can see a Tristan-Deku Team or a Tristan-ALIT Team. Tristan has been known to bus and distance himself from mafia while mafia. I point out Wizard 101, where he was the first or within the first of each of the scum lynches. Mido I am fairly certain is just Mido.

What do you think about ALITs wagon?
It's a good wagon. doesn't mean I'm gonna jump on it at current without more evidence

Mido

Version 1
I'm going to address the last part here.

Let me put myself in your position, you're town about to be lynched on day one or at least in the coin toss when at the last minute someone saves you.

If that was me I'd be shouting from the roof tops that neither myself nor ALIT were scum since you happen to know he had no reason to save you.

Why would I have any reason to defend ALIT at that moment? I know I'm not scum, and I was certainly wary of ALIT and was concerned over his initial vote on my wagon. Coupling this with his hasty vote in Jimmu, I'd say there was hardly any reason to declare him town like you insinuate if I understand you correctly. And as far as his vote saving me, I can't wager that intention for certain. His reasons for voting Jimmu seem very vague and hardly hint at one side or another from his word. Circumstantially, the situation could be read as such.

Which brings us to the present where you are lynching him for poor progression, I can easily see you as mafia either bussing or band wagoning and that pretty much throws out my town lean on you.

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do about that but I'm feeling less good about lynching ALIT because of it.

Fair enough. I can't fault you entirely for following this line of thought as far as timing goes, but I think my reasons are sufficient in content.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey guys, just jumping in to let you all know that I have a 13 hour day at work today, so I likely won't get another solid post in until around 11pm pst. This is just a heads up so y'all don't think I'm ignoring you if you direct any questions or statements my way. Much love <3

Storm

Hey guys, just jumping in to let you all know that I have a 13 hour day at work today, so I likely won't get another solid post in until around 11pm pst. This is just a heads up so y'all don't think I'm ignoring you if you direct any questions or statements my way. Much love <3
that's exactly what you'd say the second you see Storm replaced Lonk

funnier6

Courage~
Why would I have any reason to defend ALIT at that moment? I know I'm not scum, and I was certainly wary of ALIT and was concerned over his initial vote on my wagon. Coupling this with his hasty vote in Jimmu, I'd say there was hardly any reason to declare him town like you insinuate if I understand you correctly. And as far as his vote saving me, I can't wager that intention for certain. His reasons for voting Jimmu seem very vague and hardly hint at one side or another from his word. Circumstantially, the situation could be read as such.

Fair enough. I can't fault you entirely for following this line of thought as far as timing goes, but I think my reasons are sufficient in content.

I'm not talking about that moment, I'm talking about every moment since he prevented your lynch by voting Jimmu.

Since it's obvious most of the reason I'm voting him is because it looked very much like he was saving a scum bud and otherwise doing nonsensical things I'd think you would be defending him since you would know quite well he wasn't trying to save a scum bud.

D

Deleted member 14134

Vote Count 2.3

A Link in Time - 4 (funnier6, Mido, Mellow Ezlo, Zachie)
Dekunut - 1 (A Link in Time)

Not voting - 5 (Dekunut, Emiya Shirou, Storm, Minish Link, Pendio,)

Moi-moi with 10 alive it takes 6 to reach majority. The day ends Sunday September 3rd at 10pm EST.

funnier6

Courage~
Mkay nobody's posting so I'll think I'll do a reads list.

Town:
Minish
Emiya
Mezlo
Storm

If the bottom three is the scum team I'm never playing again.

I know I don't have a lot of evidence, especially for storm but I feel like Mezlo and emiya, especially emiya are playing very unlike their scum play.

Need more posts:
@Pendio

Scum lean:
Zachie
Deku
ALIT

Mido right now I almost want to lynch over ALIT simply because we get information from him no matter which alignment he is and ALIT we're kind of banking on being mafia.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Hm, this part makes my town lean on Mido go slighty down some. I don't think it matters if ALIT didn't have a solid read on Jimmu at the time. If he had a weaker read on Jimmu than you, of course he would go with the one he was less sure about. It was day 1 and it's hard to have a good read on anyone, since most people don't post much. ALIT pressured you, liked what he saw of your response, and decided Jimmu would be a preferable lynch due to that. I don't see how the progression is worrying. Not to mention, the bolded part looks bad for you, since it's kinda saying that if ALIT is scum, he would be sure of yours and Jimmu's alignment and chose the one townie.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Caught up to where I rejoined the game. Gonna answer your questions in a few, but first I'm going to share my thoughts:
Pen's vote for Mido was RVS I believe, before he just didn't post for a while. Sounds very familiar. Why am I being called out but not him?
I doubt ALIT and Mido are scumbuds. ALIT is an experienced player - he's smart enough to not so blatantly work to save his scumbud. Especially Day One, when it's the first scumbud death. Unless Mido has an insanely good role, I find the chances of their both being scum low.
Emiya has been super defensive in multiple cases this game, despite, as far as I can see, never having a vote on him. This strikes me as weirder than that post I quoted yesterday.

funnier6

Courage~
Caught up to where I rejoined the game. Gonna answer your questions in a few, but first I'm going to share my thoughts:
Pen's vote for Mido was RVS I believe, before he just didn't post for a while. Sounds very familiar. Why am I being called out but not him?
I doubt ALIT and Mido are scumbuds. ALIT is an experienced player - he's smart enough to not so blatantly work to save his scumbud. Especially Day One, when it's the first scumbud death. Unless Mido has an insanely good role, I find the chances of their both being scum low.
Emiya has been super defensive in multiple cases this game, despite, as far as I can see, never having a vote on him. This strikes me as weirder than that post I quoted yesterday.

You're being called out mostly for that post about you leaving day one to its own devices.

Plus your vote got lynched.

Not saying I don't think pendio should get in here and do something.

I don't see why else ALIT would seal the lynch on a townie over another wagon like that, do you know his scum game?

I've already explained why I find emiya towny for that if you want to comment.

Btw are you town reading me? Taking a survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom