• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Welcome, to Bok-Chan-Samas School for Anime Boys

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@Mellow Ezlo

Too much to quote so I'll just break it down here.

I decided to pressure Mido specifically because I wanted some discussion to come from him as the lowest poster in the game at the time, and I wanted some more people to comment once a wagon had a clear read, but that clearly didn't happen.

I didn't consider Mido not popping in until the end of the day to be suspicious at the time. I was satisfied with his replies and more uncomfortable lynching him so I switched to Jimmu at the last minute despite Deku being my preferred lynch over either them.

It honestly doesn't matter to me that my suspicions are of the two people who ended up on the same wagon as me. It may seem hypocritical, but I believe my reasons for doing so, namely Mido improving his posting and the composition of the Jimmu wagon being slightly preferable in its composition at the time, to be sound.
But why not pressure one of the other inactives once you got what you wanted out of your Mido vote then? Neither Pendio nor Libk had posted anything of substance at the time. Jimmu already had a pressure vote on Libk (which, thinking back, still didn't seem all that suspicious to me), so Pendio would've been a decent option, or even Zachie, who'd gotten some flack earlier on for his vote on Minish. It seemed once Mido popped in, after a whole irl day of not posting after the game had gotten serious, you just backed off and decided you didn't want to pressure inactives anymore? That's why your Mido vote seems opportunistic.

So what about now? You're voting for Deku, but he's at least being active now, and he explained his reason for disappearing yesterday. Why not vote for someone completely inactive, namely Libk?

idk, I feel like you're generally more passive than this as scum, but I don't really remember your scum play all that well. Either way, I feel like you're the strongest lead right now. My suspicion on DekuNut isn't all that strong, and I want to give him a chance to catch up and really talk first, and my suspicion on Mido mostly banks on you being scum.

funnier6

Courage~
I've never seen someone so mad about people agreeing with them lol.

Exactly. Like I said, I'm suspicious of all three of them, though for different reasons. It really does feel like it was scum driven.

Perhaps I'm the only one who sees it, but I can imagine Alit and Deku being scumbuds.

On that note, what do you think of a potential Alit-Mido pairing? You may have mentioned it before and I missed it. Do you think if Alit is town that Mido is likely scum due to the last minute save, or do you think it was a potential attempt by Alit to frame Mido?

I tend to have that affect on people. And thanks, isn't it adorable? :kawaii:

I think it's possible ALIT and Mido are scum buds, that whole save made it look like Mido was too valuable to be even in the coin toss so if ALIT is scum I'd be almost positive Mido is as well. If he isn't I'd be almost sure Mido was town which would be very helpful.

I'm not so sure about framing, that seems terribly risky for day one imo.

What do you think about zachie? Sorry if you already said I don't remember.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've only made it halfway through the game so far, but Ill leave some thoughts here.
I chose to reread the stuff I already read, and caught a few things:

Mafia is definitely laying low. I mean, look at Mezlo's superior contributions and funnier's willingness to hunt scrum (finally). These two are the paradigms that we should all strive to take after. Go, Town, go!

...Yeah, so much for being inspirational. Here, have a grill instead:
natural-gas.jpg
So, mafia are laying low... on page 3? That seems really early to be saying something like that. Feels like an attempt to say something meaningful without any reason to say it. And it's not even that meaningful - that was much too early to make a call like thst and I dont like it.

Hmm...

While I'm inclined to believe you simply didn't notice that Minish is innocent (easy to miss in Bok-Chan-Sama's big huge opening post of cancer), it's really easy to use that as an excuse, hoping to gain an early town lean as scum. Although that's reaching if anything, as that would be quite a large and well thought out bluff, especially for a relatively new player. So with that being considered, I see this as a townie move, though I'll keep an eye on you going forward.

Also, Unvote because there's no point keeping my RVS vote anymore.
Why see that as a particularly townie move? Anyone could miss that flip. I did at first too. Doesnt make it alignment indicative. This feels either very protective or buddying, idk which.

Also, since we have our dear Minish, we know that the mafia took at least one special role. So I'll ask: what do you guys think are the chances that they chose the traitor? Is this something thats been discussed that I haven't read yet? Overall which powers do you think are most likely to be chosen?

funnier6

Courage~
I've only made it halfway through the game so far, but Ill leave some thoughts here.
I chose to reread the stuff I already read, and caught a few things:

So, mafia are laying low... on page 3? That seems really early to be saying something like that. Feels like an attempt to say something meaningful without any reason to say it. And it's not even that meaningful - that was much too early to make a call like thst and I dont like it.

Why see that as a particularly townie move? Anyone could miss that flip. I did at first too. Doesnt make it alignment indicative. This feels either very protective or buddying, idk which.

Also, since we have our dear Minish, we know that the mafia took at least one special role. So I'll ask: what do you guys think are the chances that they chose the traitor? Is this something thats been discussed that I haven't read yet? Overall which powers do you think are most likely to be chosen?

You're only halfway through the game? There's not exactly much to read.

I agree with you on emiya but I wish you would've pointed this out yesterday.

I don't necessarily agree with you on Mezlo but I'm interested to see what you think about that after reading zachies other posts.

I wouldn't say it's VERY likely they chose the traitor since the traitor remains mafia whether or not they recruit. I would probably would've recruited him if I were mafia though.

I would've chosen the bulletproof and the strongman I think but it's impossible to guess on that since I'm sure everyone has different opinions on what powers they would choose.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Jusy becayse I'm posting doesnt mean I'm not still busy, just that Im working to carve out time for this. I'll get the rest read before EoD.

I agree with the recruited traitor being likely. I wouldn't want the chance to accisentally kill my own scumbud.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What do you think about zachie? Sorry if you already said I don't remember.
I said it earlier, but I can say it again. I have a weak town lean on Zachie, because though some of his moves have been suspicious (such as his vote on Minish_Link, which a confirmed townie voted him for), he's been missing a lot of details, like Minish being IC and Jimmu being, well, dead. Unless it's a bluff, I don't see mafia being that inattentive. Mafia generally try hard to look as townie as possible, and that includes noticing things that others might overlook.

Like I said above, I don't see mafia missing so many details like he has been, unless it's a bluff, which I don't see coming from a player of his experience (especially since I don't think he's been scum before, he'd be a lot more careful). But like I said, it's only a weak town lean, and I'm still keeping an eye on him.

I actually think it's quite likely. I think they'd be stupid not to, since the possibility of accidentally killing their traitor would be rather high. That's the one mafia ability that I think everybody would probably choose.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Bro, that is really reaching. Of course a post like that wouldn't bear much meaning on page 3, and I shouldn't have to point out why. That was before the game got serious and I just felt like posting something meme-y. The joke was that Mellow and funnier (especially him) were finally starting to actively look and play like Townies, ie they weren't Mafia for a change (not that I knew of, anyway). Still, if you want to throw out faulty accusations and incite another mislynch, be my guest. Two strikeouts won't make you look good as a Townie.

Zachie

Moo
As for Deku, it bothered me that he just parked his vote on Jimmu and peaced out leaving fate to night actions. Ironically, his vote was among the most important of the day.

Anyhow, I'm out for the rest of the day, but I'd like Deku to address my concerns, which I have yet to see him do.

So, in the meantime:

Vote: DekuNut

Come on, dude, really? You can't just say you're not a fan of something and then do it. I'm also not a fan of the real lack of defence and the consistent push on Deku even when things are pointed firmly on you.

VOTE: ALIT

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Bro, that is really reaching. Of course a post like that wouldn't bear much meaning on page 3, and I shouldn't have to point out why. That was before the game got serious and I just felt like posting something meme-y. The joke was that Mellow and funnier (especially him) were finally starting to actively look and play like Townies, ie they weren't Mafia for a change (not that I knew of, anyway). Still, if you want to throw out faulty accusations and incite another mislynch, be my guest. Two strikeouts won't make you look good as a Townie.
Don't get too defensive over a single post from a player who hasn't read half the game ;)
It's an early post, I get it. Obviously your joke didn't get through. Notice how I'm not pushing for a lynch of you right now. I'm still not completely caught up (hopefully a long car ride tomorrow morning will change that) and I was going off what little I could from early Day One posts. I said I didn't like it. Big deal. If I thought that post alone made you scum, I'd be voting right now.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Like I said above, I don't see mafia missing so many details like he has been, unless it's a bluff, which I don't see coming from a player of his experience (especially since I don't think he's been scum before, he'd be a lot more careful). But like I said, it's only a weak town lean, and I'm still keeping an eye on him.
Just remember that you're talking to an ex-mafioso who literally forgot that he'd helped nightkill Pendio and called him out for an entire day period for his inactivity. These things can happen.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
But why not pressure one of the other inactives once you got what you wanted out of your Mido vote then? Neither Pendio nor Libk had posted anything of substance at the time. Jimmu already had a pressure vote on Libk (which, thinking back, still didn't seem all that suspicious to me), so Pendio would've been a decent option, or even Zachie, who'd gotten some flack earlier on for his vote on Minish. It seemed once Mido popped in, after a whole irl day of not posting after the game had gotten serious, you just backed off and decided you didn't want to pressure inactives anymore? That's why your Mido vote seems opportunistic.

So what about now? You're voting for Deku, but he's at least being active now, and he explained his reason for disappearing yesterday. Why not vote for someone completely inactive, namely Libk?

idk, I feel like you're generally more passive than this as scum, but I don't really remember your scum play all that well. Either way, I feel like you're the strongest lead right now. My suspicion on DekuNut isn't all that strong, and I want to give him a chance to catch up and really talk first, and my suspicion on Mido mostly banks on you being scum.

It is true that I could have split pressure among two different wagons to see which one people were more willing to go with. But I decided to just pile up on Mido and see if anyone followed suit or if they were hesitant to do so and joined a counterwagon instead. Unfortunately, barely anyone bothered to consolidate, so my idea was for nothing.

Yes, I see Deku's catching up right now, and I've read his responses, but I'm still waiting for the pertinent responses I want to see from him specifically. And why not Libk? Well, I think it's a waste of time to pressure such a low poster on Day 2. Day 1 is different because we had nothing to work off. Nothing's stood out to me about Libk thus far one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom