• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Ways In Which Skyward Sword Has Affected You and Me

MW7

So now that I've played through Skyward Sword it has impacted the way I play other Zelda games in really odd ways. I now have the urge to stand whenever I play any Zelda game, and the only explanation I can think of is because I always stood to play Skyward Sword. I was playing Wind Waker, and I would move my left arm in unison with Link's animations while playing the Wind Waker without much thought to what I was doing (it's like I had to mirror what was happening on the screen as opposed to the screen matching what you do in SS). I'm constantly rolling into things because I'm so accustomed to being able to run ls in SS. The worst is going up stairs in WW and TP- every time you roll you get knocked backwards. In OOT 3d I constantly am swinging the sword in different directions by holding the circle pad in different directions because I'm convinced it will make a difference. So has anything weird happened to you that you can trace to playing Skyward Sword?

Well this isn't another Zelda game, but I have had something similar happen to me in the sence of me mimicking a sword action. I just got done playing a 3 hour session of SS and I wanted to fit in just around 1 hour of playing Skyrim since I'm pretty much addicted to it at this point. Mind you I'm a duel-wielding sword fighter, I was clearing a cave and two Forswarn (enemeys) came to attack me. They kind of surprised me so just by my natural tendencey to freak out and swing the wii remote and nunchuk violently when I get surprised by an enemy in SS, I did the same exact thing in Skryim. I'm in a upright position sitting down while I play SS so nothing gets in my way when I do those crazy motions, however it was late and I was tired so I was semi-upright chilling on my bed when I did it. I banged the controller up against the dashboard of my bed and I silently chuckled because I knew it was because of SS. I turned off the game and whent to sleep :)

Now that you mention it though I'm curious to see if I'd do that with other Zelda games as well. I'm not done beating Skyward Sword though so it will have to wait.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
One thing I can say that Skyward Sword has done to me is that when I was playing the game I had gotten so used to the stamina meter being there. Then when I went to play Ocarina of Time 3D I was trying to get on top of something and I pressed 'A' to run up it and get on top of the object. Silly me realized that I couldn't do that in this game and I felt stupid. Same thing with the Wii version of TP; I have been playing it for the past few weeks and I have the same inclination to press 'A' to run faster. XD

I guess until another Zelda games comes out that has the stamina feature, I'm going to have to revert to my old ways of traveling faster when I play the older Zelda games. Let's get rolling, Link!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Yes it has effected me in many odd ways. Same as you I stand a lot, however only in bosses. For Skyward Sword bosses I would stand and I find myself standing now in bosses like King Dodongo's and Majora's Wrath, which I never used to do. Also after Skyward Sword I always feel like jumping off into the sky and riding my bird. So when I'm in The City In The Sky I actuly like to roll of the cliff. And also now I'm not as carefully about falling off of a cliff because in Skyward Sword it did no damage if you fell off.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I always stretch before playing Skyward Sword, as strange as that seems. Now whenever I play any Zelda game, I feel the need to stretch beforehand. Is that strange?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ever since beginning Skyward Sword I've noticed my muscles began to broaden even more. They're hard as stone right now, and I can't help marveling at them sometimes... This was because of all the exercise one gets swinging the Wiimote around so many times. I don't care how many battery packs I've used up; I'm now in great shape!

Deeds

no text
Ever since beginning Skyward Sword I've noticed my muscles began to broaden even more. They're hard as stone right now, and I can't help marveling at them sometimes... This was because of all the exercise one gets swinging the Wiimote around so many times. I don't care how many battery packs I've used up; I'm now in great shape!

Next thing you know, this will be Nintendo's LoZ marketing technique, haha.

The thing I've noticed is that when playing Ocarina of Time 3D, I feel that Link runs really slow, I always try and hold down B but Link just rolls, haha.

HookShotFTW

Weapon of a Lifetime
Yes in Twilight Princess In the lakebed temple I find myself repeatedly trying to run up the stairs and just falling down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom