• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Weird Paradox in OOT

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
I found a weird paradox while playing OOT on my 64. You know where that tunnel is that leads to Goron city in the Lost Woods? When you bomb it as an adult and return to the past as a kid the rocks will be cleared. It is quite weird but it does not bother me at all. :cool:

It's probably because the developers didn't want people to waste bombs twice just to use that shortcut. It's not even that big of a deal.

Ice Sage

these are words
(The unofficial unapproved answer) A goron comes and clears it for you if you don't until the future. While you are asleep for 7 years it caves in again unless you were the one to clear it.
I just figured that the game does that because it has to. Not just to have certin things be acessable from both adult and child and some others not. It probably has things that only are removeable from one time, but I'm not sure. If so I guess what everyone else here is saying about to not waste bombs, but that dosen't make too much sense. You could clear the path from one side and not use any bombs. I guess my answer would be don't question video game logic, just accept it.

Last edited:
L

link lego64

maybe that huge goron that gives you the goron tunic rolling around in goron city goes to lost woods and crushes the boulders and if you clear them he still leaves, but he doesn't crush them :)

It's just as weird of a paradox as getting a piece of heart as an adult, and then not having it available as a kid. The biggest examples of this would be with the grottos in Hyrule Field, and the one atop Dodongo's Cavern.

In a game where time travel is a factor, there will be little quirky paradoxes such as these, simply because no one completely understands how time travel would work if it were to happen in real life. You can't explain something you don't know hardly anything about, so excluding the science of paradoxes is probably the best way to go.

Last edited:

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
This happens with all rocks in the game. I guess it's just game design stuff.

Right, this is nothing more than just the clear fact that it's a game. It doesn't have to make sense, but if it did it'd cause chaos. Bombing rocks twice, getting more than enough Heart Pieces, etc.

There's a paradox in one of the Master Quest dungeons, too. At one point you make a chest appear as an adult and you have to return as a child to get it.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
There's a paradox in one of the Master Quest dungeons, too. At one point you make a chest appear as an adult and you have to return as a child to get it.
The Spirit Temple, yes. Now that is one that is odd. It is annoying since you have to become a child again just to get it since it has a key, then become an adult again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom