• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Ways to Improve the Navigation Between Worlds

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So A Link Between Worlds or "BLT" has been confirmed to include the Dark World, as I'm sure we all know as it was a while back. Anyway, this game seems to be focusing or in a sense "building" off what A Link to the Past did as well as introducing new themes and concepts etc.

We are bound to see some familiar aspects and whatnot and in a way I can see this game trying to improve in every single way as well as introducing new ideas.

So the topic at hand here is, how could this game improve the navigation between the duel overworlds? (Light World and Dark World) One of the best aspects about A Link to the Past was the diversity that both worlds gave the overworld as a whole and the way one would navigate between the two. The game essentially mixed in puzzling aspects with basic navigation and it worked a great deal, but how could this be improved in the new installment?

Salem

SICK
Not all Dark world dungeons needed elements from the light world to affect them, example the swamp palace. We need more dungeons that get affected by both worlds.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
yeah i know what you mean, getting in the Swamp palace was a really cool concept Sroa! You know what though? I would just be happy if they didnt screw it up LOL! It was so smooth in ALttP. and being able to go back and forth as you please, and strategically place you warp point to solve a puzzle, it was so awesome, im sure they will innovate off of that, and hope they do, but i would still be happy if they Simply didnt break how well it worked in the first one!

Something im worried about is having specific places where you can go back and forth, like MC with the tree stumps and again kinda seen in the OoX games. but then there is OoT, which was real strict where you could go back and forth in time! I hope you all know what i mean... as long as you have played ALttP you know how important being able to travel between worlds as you please really is!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I definitely agree with the dungeon thing. Having a dungeon that was affected by which world you are in would be a very interesting concept, and could really improve the sensation of having two different worlds.

Nothing further.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I'm more worried about how they might ruin it...

I'm rather interested to see how it really fits into this game. Consider the ending of aLttP. The Dark World was changed into a Light World (because you beat Ganon). Why would there be a Dark World again? How would that be explained? What real reason is there for their being one or the Sacred Realm being that way can they come up with?

I more worried about the actual explanation than implementation of the idea. That should be fine, they don't need to 'improve' that concept. Though, a Dungeon that is both Light and Dark World and effected by the things you did in either would be pretty cool, complex, and probably the last dungeon. Just saying. xD

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
awwww, so your saying actually having to go back and forth between worlds, within the dungeon in order to complete it, that is something they didnt really touch on in the original game! And i must say it sounds like a GREAT idea!

awwww, so your saying actually having to go back and forth between worlds, within the dungeon in order to complete it, that is something they didnt really touch on in the original game! And i must say it sounds like a GREAT idea!

That would mean that there would be the same dungeon or some similar structure on the other side and I don't see the need to have a building, which you can only access from a certain dungeon, taking up space.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
That would mean that there would be the same dungeon or some similar structure on the other side and I don't see the need to have a building, which you can only access from a certain dungeon, taking up space.

I was thinking along the lines of within the dungeon, but you prove a good point as far as how it would make sense, it would have to be a structure in both worlds.... i still think it could work though! the already existing ALttP map is Huge, NTM they can add too it if they want. I can see how it could happen. Like in the original with the Swamp Palace as Sroa already spoke of, but to a large degree within the dungeon! IDK, i see it working!

I was thinking along the lines of within the dungeon, but you prove a good point as far as how it would make sense, it would have to be a structure in both worlds.... i still think it could work though! the already existing ALttP map is Huge, NTM they can add too it if they want. I can see how it could happen. Like in the original with the Swamp Palace as Sroa already spoke of, but to a large degree within the dungeon! IDK, i see it working!

It could be, yeah and I find it a really interesting idea. But seeing how Nintendo wanted to keep the overworld the same, I think it will be very unlikely.

However, for all we now there could be more than 2 worlds :) :) :)

Not all Dark world dungeons needed elements from the light world to affect them, example the swamp palace. We need more dungeons that get affected by both worlds.

I liked that aspect of the game, but like you said there needs to be more of that in this one I think. Maybe even have you warp in the dungeon to the light world part and to the dark world part, I think that would be very cool. They need to expand on that a bit more.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I liked that aspect of the game, but like you said there needs to be more of that in this one I think. Maybe even have you warp in the dungeon to the light world part and to the dark world part, I think that would be very cool. They need to expand on that a bit more.

I just finished the Mermaid Cave in OoA, and it kinda used this whole idea, so im sure a Newer game could make it work great!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think I'd like to see more portals introduced int he water. snakeoiltanker made mention of Mermaid's Cave from Oracle of Ages and that reminded me that swimming is always a fun component. Although I just visualised OoT Link diving, I think in the top-down format diving to go into the Dark World would still be cool, and maybe a little less forced than Magic Mirror switches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom