• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Temple in OOT

It was pretty easy, especially when I played throught the game a 2nd time. I must have been lucky, because some people say that they used a key in the wrong place, and had to start the game all over again.

It wasnt the fact of using a key in the wrong place but more along the lines of not finding the last dungeon key.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Other than the first time I tried it, I've always found it generally easy. I don't think I've come across many problems with the keys. I usually know where to go if I need one more.

Its not necessarily the hardest thing ever, just up there in the ranks of hardest temple in OoT. Think about it, the forest and shadow temples were pretty simple. The spirit temple was easy too, just lasted longer. Ganon's Castle wasn't hard, just more challenging when it came to actually doing the things you had to do to progress. The fire temple at times could be confusing and difficult as well, but not near as much back-tracking as was required in the water temple.

The water temple itself had a lot you had to search for, if you didn't find a route that was easy to remember and that you could go through each time you beat it. Personally, I don't play OoT too much these days, and if I were to play through it, I know that the water temple would give me the most trouble.

T

Thewindmaker

If you were to take the time and use the dungeon map and compass unlike my self, yes I can say it was difficult. Especially to remmber were all the different rooms were, which ones you've been in and all the back tracking. The temple isn't very big, but its like having 3 different temples in one. With the potental to have the water level at 3 different levels it made some challenges.

If you have played the Master Quest version of the water temple... its the easiest thing in the world. I think I skipped about 3/4's of the temple and went in and destroyed the boss....

hell master quest is so messed up... I forgot how to get into the fire temple, so I went ahead to the water temple and got the long shot. Then used the scarecrow song and entered the fire temple, without doing any of the "entrace quests" in Goron city....

that was a good time.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I think it was a mixture of the gameplay and the missing key. It just ads up to the annoyance that the level made.

For one, it is a water level. Historically they don't seem to be the most popular of types of levels in Zelda titles. You don't seem like you are in full control of Link when you are swimming, you have a limited arsenal, and water enemies are pretty annoying. The whole water level raising/lowering and switching from the iron boots to the regular boots just built up the annoyance level.

Package the water gameplay with the keys... it made for a very annoying level for most gamers. Annoyance usually translates into difficulty in my opinion. People didn't want to keep searching the dungeon over and over because they were sick of the level. At least I was the first time I got stuck. Eventually I figured it out and once you get the hang of it, its not too bad.

It's deserving of the hardest though, since it was a bit harder than the rest of the dungeons in my opinion. However, I think much of the difficulty is attributed to the fact that it is a rather annoying level.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
To me it wasn't too hard. The raising/lowering of water levels was annoying and the fact that I'd sometimes miss a key was frustrating, but it wasn't hard. I had fun fighting Shadow Link though, it gave me a good challenge.

H

Hungarian Link

The hardest thing in the Water Temple is battle with Dark Link.

So, the Water Temple is not hard, but if I forget a key somewhere, I must claim the water level, to get there.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I do think that the water temple is pretty though but it is also one of the best!!! Dark Link was not that challenging though, but he was awesome anyway :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom