• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water in Skyward Sword

J

jack-o-lantern

So I remember back after E3 2010 people noticed that in the demo the water in the distance was colored blue similar to WW. What this led some to believe that the game would not feature a water temple, ala Wind Waker. This E3 I am happy because I saw in one of the demo videos that there is a room in the Sky Temple where when you hit a switch the room fills wih water. The water in this scene is clear and it appears that Link can go underwater when he jumps in. This makes me think that there will most definatly be a water temple because if there wasn't, the water would probably be stylized and colored in like WW.

[video=youtube;yf462xSbjl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf462xSbjl8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

You can see the part I'm talking about at 5:20

Yay:) I love the water temples!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice observation! The water looks really nice. I'm happy that there will probably be a water temple, water temples are usually more puzzle based, I like that

Keen! This game just gets better and better! I hope there's a water dungeon in Skyward Sword; it would be really cool to see the controls for swimming in this game.

I also look forward to seeing a water-based tunic or an underwater breathing apparatus of some kind to take the burden off the new "breathing meter(?)". BUT seeing as how this game's a little more challenging, I doubt we'll see a Water/Blue Tunic this time around. :( There might still be a way to increase the breathing meter, though, so there's still hope! :)

That Sky Temple in the demo sure appears to have given us a preview of a lot of things we could expect to see throughout the game in other dungeons and temples!

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I still haven't seen Link swimming (other than that short swim to the ledge). I wonder how the meter will work for him in water? Also, that's a good thought, clear water would mean a water based dungeon, so I anticipate some good ol' fashioned head scratching.

I'd like to see how they further underwater gameplay. They've made terrific strides in Link's basic movement so I look forward to their aquatic innovations :)

they cant take it out then they cant have any water creatures and its harder to swim in this game and then there wont be earth,fire,water,and there needs to be

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Man! This demo reveals so much about the game, so much more than last E3's demo, wich now seems empty, and bland! I am of course very happy that there is water, and swiming, as I wasn't much of a fan of the Wind Waker's swiming meter. I also hope there is some sort of water tunic, or armor, and not just like Ocarina of Time, were the blu tunic only gave you oxygen, but like Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess, were you can swim freely.

But whatever you do Nintendo, don't make swiming motion controled!

He also has a swim meter... Is he going to end up like Wind Waker Link? D:

I dont think so, but to an extent, yes. Remember, he does have a Stamina Meter, and the new Shield Meter, so this shouldn't be too different from what's already in the game. Also, Im sure later in the game he'll get an item that will let him swim longer, but for now, you could think of it as another stamina/breath meter, or the dive meter from OoT/MM. This isn't too much different from what has been seen, but i think it will differ from Wind Waker enough to be acceptable.

J

jack-o-lantern

I found another video that briefly shows Link swimming in that same part as the earlier video. He swims in pretty much the same manner as in Twilight Princess. The water ripples look really nice though. The water looks to me at least a lot better than TP.

[video=youtube;CyPybhjTEGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyPybhjTEGs&feature=related[/video]

You can skip to 3:30 to see what I'm talking about

Water Temple FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom