• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Was the Shadow Temple Scary when You First Played Through OoT?

SheikahSoul

Decadence
Wait...you mean you disagree right? ;) I personally found the Bottom of the Well to be creepier despite the addition of the floormasters and wallmasters in the shadow temple. But well... that is my opinion ^^

As for what happened down there, wasn't the Shadow Temple a place of worship for the Sheikah? Perhaps if we get a close look at the Sheikah in SS, we will be revisiting the Shadow Temple in a more primitive form.

No, I was actually agreeing! ;)
Because I agree that Bottom of the well is creepier than Shadow Temple.

Ah yeas, I knew Shadow Temple was some kind of Temple that were dear to the Sheikahs. And you know, that is yet an unanswered but very interesting question about the background story for that and I've just started as I'm writing an Oot fanfic. Seriously, those bloody, creepy and dark places are such a great inspiration for me!

P

PikaRin

I started when I was about four. I never got why but it was my favorite. I loved the sheikah and being in their temple made me really happy. Only got a little scared later when i got all the stuff that was creepy.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I think I was about 14 or 15 when I first played it, but I still didn't find the Shadow Temple scary. The Forest and Fires Temples always scared me more. Still, the only parts I thought were creepy at all were the floormasters (or whatever the ones that wait from the ceilings are) and the battle with the Stalfos. Battles with things like Wolfos, Stalfos and Iron Knuckles always freaked me out.

Otherwise, I thought it was a cool place. Eerie, sure, but creepy/scary, no.

H

HeyListen

I'd say that the Forest temple caught me off guard more with the Wallmaster's I didn't see it coming when I was younger and I just remember it really scaring me. With the Shadow temple and the bottom of the well alike I guess I wasn't as scared about it because I expected that sort of thing in a temple with the dark theme.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I've given up on the well atm, because the green bubble keeps making me jump when it appears behind you... I'm easily freaked, but I'm now fine with (some) zombies since I watched Zombie Land in a french lesson.

Fierce

Deity Link
Not as much as the Forest Temple and Well scared me!!!

If you read my blog, I wrote down my childhood reaction to them both... I was so scared of Dead Hand I wouldn't play it for a week after I saw him and shut my game off out of fear. Also the Redeads scared me ****less... not to mention the Wall Masters. The Wall Masters scared me out of the Forest Temple so badly that I ended up beating both the Water and Fire Temple AND I got the Biggoron Sword before beating Phantom Ganon.

Yes, I was a fearful child, haha.

Last edited:
The Forest Temple of Bottom of the Well scared me A LOT more. The Shadow Temple was very creepy but not as much as those other to. I found WT creepy to, I hated when the room was drained and you walk out and you could here those tekitites jumping about and hoping it didn't land right on top of me!
Just that silence then..'hop' 'hop' 'hop'
Hated it as a kid lol

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
The Shadow Temple has always been my least favorite because it's creepy. (With the adult water temple a close second for least favorites) Zombie enemies are my least favorite, because I'm creeped out and scared easily. (Like-likes are a close second when it comes to least favorite enemies though xD) Bongo-Bongo is FUN, though. I love fighting that boss. But yes, the Shadow temple always creeps me out, no matter how old I am when I play it or how often I play it.
Even though I've beaten the Shadow Temple so many times that I know it like the back of my hand, I still get "scared" when I see the zombie around the corner that I knew was there.
I hated the Bottom of the Well, also. Because there are zombies there too.

SheikahSoul

Decadence
The Shadow Temple has always been my least favorite because it's creepy. (With the adult water temple a close second for least favorites) Zombie enemies are my least favorite, because I'm creeped out and scared easily. (Like-likes are a close second when it comes to least favorite enemies though xD) Bongo-Bongo is FUN, though. I love fighting that boss. But yes, the Shadow temple always creeps me out, no matter how old I am when I play it or how often I play it.
Even though I've beaten the Shadow Temple so many times that I know it like the back of my hand, I still get "scared" when I see the zombie around the corner that I knew was there.
I hated the Bottom of the Well, also. Because there are zombies there too.

I know how you feel. I hated the ReDeads too and hates zombie and mummy monsters overall. I also had nightmares of those darn ReDeads.

i was about 6 or 7ish when i frist played OoT and the shadow temple didnt freak me out.... however the freaken water temple still anoys me

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I'd say that the Forest temple caught me off guard more with the Wallmaster's I didn't see it coming when I was younger and I just remember it really scaring me. With the Shadow temple and the bottom of the well alike I guess I wasn't as scared about it because I expected that sort of thing in a temple with the dark theme.

Yes!! I thought the Forest Temple was faaaaar creepier than the Shadow Temple. The Forest Tempe seriously freaked me out. I love it now though, one of my favorites because the atmosphere is so great! :P

No, I was actually agreeing! ;)
Because I agree that Bottom of the well is creepier than Shadow Temple.

Ah yeas, I knew Shadow Temple was some kind of Temple that were dear to the Sheikahs. And you know, that is yet an unanswered but very interesting question about the background story for that and I've just started as I'm writing an Oot fanfic. Seriously, those bloody, creepy and dark places are such a great inspiration for me!

Oh I see! :)

And I can see how they can be inspiring, in a twisted sort of way ^^ Good luck with you're fic!

I was 11 when I first played OoT. Shadow Temple was incredibly scary because I would always let my imagination get the best of me. The Bottom of the Well (name?) was also very scary. I used to think of the most sick, twisted reasons why such places would exist anywhere in or near such a seemingly peaceful village.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The Shadow Temple was eerie and disturbing too. The beginning with all the skulls were creeping me out. Whenever you are at the edge of a floor in the temple, my heart will jump so quickly. I was scared when that happens to me.

The disturbing part of it is the song. The song always disturb me, but I like it. That's really weird. Anyway, I was real disturbed. I was scared by The Shadow Temple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom