• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was the Link from Skyward Sword the First Link Ever?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I was just wondering if the Link from Skyward Sword was the first Link ever in Hyrule....

I know it is seemed that this is true and that Skyward Sword Link was the first Link but i think he wasn't the first. First of all everyone in the Knits Academy in Skyloft seems to have the hero's clothes but in different colours. We are used to see every hero wearing and this is evident in many other Zelda games such as Wind Waker, link is given the clothes to wear in worship to the great hero of time and in Ocarina of Time the Kokiri wear the same Green Clothes and it was believed that this is wear Future Link got his Hero's clothes from. Now we know that these clothes originated way before Ocarina of Time as at the moment Skyward Sword is the first game in the timeline.

My second reason that i think there was a Link before Skyward Sword was that in one of the cut scenes i think it is the one were Link gets given his Hero's Clothes, the Headmaster of the Knights Acadamy mentions that these Clothes were worn by a past Hero. So does this mean that possibly there could be a game before Skyward Sword? personally i think Nintendo never likes to close doors or limit what they could do with the franchise so you never know there could be a game before Skyward Sword.

Please leave your feedback and Thanks!

I never really thought about it, but yeah, Skyward Sword Link is the first Link as of the time being.

Last edited:

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
For the moment, yes, Skyward Sword Link is the first Link. And when I say "first Link," I mean hero chosen by the goddesses. It's safe to assume that, since SS comes first on the timeline, its protagonist is the first chosen hero.

Fig

The Altruist
Theoretically speaking, Link is the first Link. Not because Skyward Sword is the first game in the timeline, but also this is were the origin of the Hero began. As Shiek/Impa (I'm not sure who said it, but it is in Ocarina of Time) or whoever stated in Ocarina of Time, they notice how Link is starting to look and represent himself as the original Hero, which in this case is the Link in Skyward Sword. I hope this helps your understand it a bit better on how Skyward Sword shows Link as the origin Hero.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
This is what I have always thought. The Skyward Sword Link is the first Link. Here is why. Skyward Sword is the first Zelda game in the timeline, right? So it would have to be the first Link. This is a very interesting topic I do say.

It would make the most sense if no Link ever came before him. Concepts like Link's clothing and Demises hatred following his ancestors are explained in the game. It is meant to be an origin story. Knowing Nintendo they might some day want to make another prequel. They will somehow have it make sense or add another timeline split. Who knows with their logic anything can happen.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Basically i know that they made out that this Link was the first Hero but we all thought the same about Ocarina of Time and now there are actually 3 games that came before that, Nintendo are really clever and they never came right out and said this was the origin game or the origin of Link, this game was all about the origin of the Master sword.

I would like to think this is the first Link but Nintendo know much more than us and have prob planned an origin story already.

Djinn

and Tonic
I would have to say yes SS Link was the first in the line of Links. However the Wing Ceremony at the beginning of the game had a little reinactment of the goddess and her chosen hero which Link and Zelda portrayed at the statue. So this leads me to think that there is possibly another character that came before that might have had a smaller part to play. Similar to the hero of men in the MM backstory. He was a past hero who did something great for the kingdom but it was probably not as large or epic an achievement as the Link of the current story. The unofficial manga attached to the Hyrule Historia mentioned this previous hero as well even if it is not officially a part of the story.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I think this would fit better in the Zelda Theory section....
Anyways, so far, he is the first Link. The clothes that Headmaster gives Link are just the style of clothes that the Knights of the Knight Academy wear. Link just happened to get green. I'm pretty sure he said nothing about them being hero's clothes.

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
No, there is another. The previous one was only briefly mentioned with the ceromony and the tale of Demise's first demise.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yes that is what i was referring to Haha and maybe your right but i just think that one day they will make a game that takes place before Skyward Sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom