• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Hylia "Zonai" and Died "Naturally" Reincarnating as "The First Queen Of Hyrule" Sonia.

Was Hylia "Zonai" and Died "Naturally" Reincarnating as "The First Queen Of Hyrule" Sonia.

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Were the Goddesses "Zonai"? (Hylia, Din, Nayru, Farore)
We see a similarity in the names of the Dragons..

These Goddesses Chose to "Dracofy", not to Re-incarnate.

Din = Drinall
Nayru = Naydra
Farore = Farosh

Seems Plausible.

Going by skyward sword Hylia was created to protect the triforce as a guardian but later gave up her divine body later to be reincarnated as zelda. Do I think the three dragons are the Goddesses no not really more like the shrine keepers who ate their stone to become a dragon because Mineru does say that the event that zelda went through also happened before in the past.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
No, since there's nothing in game to suggest that happened. Considering that Sonia's only contribution to the plot was being the first to die she'd make for a terrible demigod.

And since TotK established that dragons come about from mortals eating their secret stone things there isn't anything suggesting they're really connected to Hyrule's pantheon. They might have been a particularly zealous trio of priests, but nothing suggesting they are gods.

Last edited:
I am of two minds on this. I don't want the goddesses to be Zoni, but the door is open. It's not the first time I have seen this theory, and I think it has more to do with reading between the lines, at this point, than hard facts. Despite the naysayers, I fear this may very well be the direction the series may go.

In Zelda Wiki i read that Sonia was the descendant or daughter of SS Zelda. i don't know if this is true

In Zelda Wiki i read that Sonia was the descendant or daughter of SS Zelda. i don't know if this is true
The only thing I am seeing in the Zelda Wiki, is Zelda being listed as a descendant (which the story basically hands to us) and Zelda listed as ancestress, with a reference to Hyrule Historia page 77. I think someone wanting to push the theory that Rauru's reign took place between SS and MC is trying to sneak the ancestress bit through as though it were confirmed fact. If there was something to back up the claim, they would have linked to something stronger than a page that talks about the founding of Hyrule, that was not only written before Sonia was a conceived character, but also doesn't even mention Zelda's name.

Last I herd, Sonia's lineage is still an unknown. Theorized about, but ultimately unknown.

Were the Goddesses "Zonai"? (Hylia, Din, Nayru, Farore)
We see a similarity in the names of the Dragons..

These Goddesses Chose to "Dracofy", not to Re-incarnate.

Din = Drinall
Nayru = Naydra
Farore = Farosh

Seems Plausible.
Gods can't die, Hylia couldn't have died "naturally," only after becoming Zelda could she die.
Despite the naysayers, I fear this may very well be the direction the series may go.
I can almost guarantee we will never hear the word "Zonai" in the Zelda series again.
All we know is that Sonia is a priestess by birth; if the kingdom of Hyrule was founded after Skyward Sword like the books say, and Rauru and Sonia were the first kings of Hyrule, it's almost confirmed that Sonia is SS Zelda's descendants. If the books or Rauru is wrong, however, this isn't confirmed.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think this would be just as bad. Just like the Oocca, Minish, Yeti, and all of the other intelligent, seemingly important, races simply walking backwards into the bushes.
It's the Zelda way. In ten years we're going to see a bunch of discussion wondering if the Blimkin species from Balloons of Eternity is actually the Zonai after they shapeshift into a bunch of penguins.

It's the Zelda way. In ten years we're going to see a bunch of discussion wondering if the Blimkin species from Balloons of Eternity is actually the Zonai after they shapeshift into a bunch of penguins.
While other races become main stay, and references of them can even be found in games they don't appear. We've see references to a mysterious, highly advanced, sky people for ages. It would be nice to see that flag finally get planted, going further.

Were Getting a 3rd Game in the TOTK universe "Time Travel" we goin back to Rarus Kingdom Gang.
I would personally like that, but I doubt it. I think, based on the build up around the Ancient Hero, his game is more likely. At this point, though, it's too early to tell what direction they will finally settle on.

I have my fingers crossed for the current Link exploring somewhere off the map, which just so happens to be where Kass is visiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom