• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Was Hilda's Plan Thought Out Very Well? (SPOILER)

zenda

master of the sword
so Hilda's master plan was to take hyrules triforce. so she had to kidnap zelda to get the triforce of wisdom kidnap the 7 sages to release ganon to get the triforce of power then have link save them to get the triforce of courage. here's where everything doesn't work in order for link to rescue the 7 sages, he has to get to lorule, in order to get there, he has to be able to merge. ravio gave link the bracelet to merge but ravio wasn't part of Hilda's plan. how did Hilda expect link to get to lorule?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Been a few months since I played it so I can't quite remember this exactly, but did Hilda actually know Link had the Triforce of Courage before he started rescuing Sages? Because if she didn't then relying on Link's intervention wasn't part of her plan and so there isn't really a problem with it.

Hilda's plan is a really iffy aspect of the story. Somehow she learned that Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom (probably pretty easy to learn), that a man/beast named Ganon who is sealed away in the sacred realm (or is dead?) possesses the Triforce of Power and he can be summoned by collecting all of the sages (that seems like it required some intense investigation), and that there is some hero that will appear to protect the princess and, in the process of rescuing the seven sages, will somehow receive the Triforce of Courage (I almost feel like this was just a real shot in the dark. It doesn't seem like anyone in Hyrule even knew this would happen). It feels like she just said, "Well, somehow that Hero will make it over here" and Ravio perhaps just made his journey a little bit easier.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
We definitely know Hilda did NOT send Ravio with the bracelet to get Link to Hyrule. Ravio stated that he himself knew that there was a hero in Hyrule who could help beating the evil plan. I think in the beginning Hilda was not aware of Link. Yuga discovered there was a world behind the crack which had the Triforce. Yuga figured out that in order to get that Triforce to Lorule he had to capture not only all sages but also Princess Zelda herself. I think they miscalculated. Because in Hyrule after you beat the House of Gales and Tower of Hera you'll get the stones which together with the stone Zelda gave Link form the key to obtain the Mastersword. Personally I think that Yuga and Hilda thought by capturing all sages and Zelda they had everything in their possession to obtain all pieces of the Triforce. But somehow Ravio knew that Link was a very important factor. I think Yuga discovered Link was more important when he faced him in Hyrule castle when he asked how he could escape from that wall and also his words that there was something more about Link. Maybe at that point he realized Link was going to play a big part and that they needed him to get all Triforce parts complete.

There is also this possibility:
Yuga revived Ganon and merged with him. Hilda held him at bay when Link entered Lorule. We all know now this of course was just a farce to give Link time to release all sages. So there could be two options.
A: Maybe Yuga felt through Ganon that Link was the key to the Triforce of Courage.
B: Hilda was Zelda her counterpart. She was desperate but not stupid. Maybe she felt through Zelda her painting Link was the key to the Triforce of Courage. That could be a reason why we heard her talk to Zelda her painting everytime after Link released one of the sages and came closer to his final destination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom