• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Volvagia

kaimason1

the Wanderer
But it can't be Volvagia - Volvagia MUST be either alive or not born/created yet, as Volvagia is alive (yet dormant) in Ocarina of Time.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
But it can't be Volvagia - Volvagia MUST be either alive or not born/created yet, as Volvagia is alive (yet dormant) in Ocarina of Time.

Volvagia was revived in Ocarina of Time.
From Link of the Gorons:
A long time ago there was an
evil dragon named Volvagia living
in this mountain.
That dragon was very scary!
He ate Gorons!
Using a huge hammer, the hero of
the Gorons... BOOOM!
Destroyed it just like that.
Dad said that Ganondorf has
revived Volvagia...

Meaning that he would have been killed (in SS, before SS, or between SS and OOT) and then revived in OOT.

It is probably not Volvagia because before he was revived in Ocarina, he was killed by the hero of the gorons. Since it appears the gorons do not yet inhabit this area, Volvagia's skeleton could not be in the temple.

But it would be cool if later in the game, Volvagia appeared and Link had to journey back to the volcano with the gorons to vanquish it.

Oh I bet you could think of a million creatures with skeletons, but this can't just be the skeleton of any old creature. This thing was not a giant mole or a bird. I can't think of any lava or fire dwelling creature in zelda that would have a skeleton like that, apart from of course Volvagia or a dragon like volvagia. A snake would also have a similar skeleton. Molgera from the wind waker would have a similar skeleton. Neither of those have been found to dwell in fire areas.

Yes it could be an old creature, showing how powerful the Fire Temple boss really is. Of course, it isn't a mole or a bird judging from it's shape but do note that the skeleton is too huge for it to be Volvagia's also.

I don't know whether or not if Volvagia will appear (or be reference in any way). Though, I must admit, Skyward Sword would be the perfect game to reveal the origins of this magnificent beast.

Hopefully - if anything - Volvagia will at least be referenced in a significant way. Seeing the infamous "hero of the Gorons" would also be cool.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No. Volvagia is revived in OOT by Ganondorf. Volvagia was killed by the hero of the Gorons before OOT.

Yes it could be an old creature, showing how powerful the Fire Temple boss really is. Of course, it isn't a mole or a bird judging from it's shape but do note that the skeleton is too huge for it to be Volvagia's also.

Well the size does not have to stay the same. Design changes happen in Zelda games. For instances Ganondorf's nose in OOT is huge and could really poke someone's eye out, however in Twilight princess it was allot flatter and smaller. Also Bokoblins in SS are even taller than link in this game and have giant heads and in TP they were a tiny bit shorter with smaller heads. So Volvagia could have undergone some size changes for this game also.

Last edited:
Ocarina of time came before Twilight Princess, and Link DID help them there with a bow? remember?

I've thought about this, and I think it's a possibility. It also very well may be not happening. I don't expect a bunch of different origin stories in the game, but I'm not gonna rule out Volvagia. Personally, though, I don't think she will be in the game. That's just me, though.

WTF!!! Why do I keep seeing people posting that Volvagia's a girl when it clearly states in game that Volvagia's a male!!! Even Darunia's son states that "HE ate gorons"! Seriously...

Last edited:
Perhaps there's a hammer in the game and we will fight a similar or different boss, but I'm not too sure about Volvagia.

Imagine how cool a hammer would be with WiiMotionPlus! You hammer from different angles and whatnot. I think volvagia would be a perfect boss.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think she will be in the game.
I do believe that Volvagia is stated to be male

VOLVAGIA'S A GIRL!

yeah i guess that'd make sense.

Well not quite, as it is stated to be male.

I don't think it was stated that Volvagia had a specific gender...
Actually it is stated.

"A long time ago there was an evil dragon named Volvagia living in this mountain. That dragon was very scary! He ate Gorons! Using a huge hammer, the hero of the Gorons... BOOOM! Destroyed it just like that. This is a myth from long ago, but it's true! I know, because my dad is a descendant of the hero!"

Lol, yeah, Volvagia's gender is stated to be male.

And no, I do not believe that Link in Skyward Sword will be the Hero of the Gorons, because Darunia is stated to be a descendant of that hero, meaning he's a Goron. A Goron clearly can't descend from a Hylian. You could argue that Darunia could be descended from a Goron who was a sworn brother of Link in SS, but that's a serious stretch and doesn't even make much sense if it comes true. If your "brother" had kids, they aren't called your descendants. There's basically no logical way for that to work out.

I do think it's possible that Volvagia may appear in Skyward Sword, but the fact that the game seems to contain a ton of dragon symbols while the Fire Temple's actual boss isn't Volvagia but Scaldera makes me have my doubts. Still, perhaps when Nintendo said we'd be returning to dungeons, they meant there would be actual plot reasons for it? Perhaps the Fire Temple must be revisited.

I think it's odd that Death Mountain doesn't yet go by this name, and the Gorons don't seem to be in power. I find that very strange. I wonder if Skyward Sword will involve the Mogmas getting attacked by Volvagia, and the mountain being devastated, hence the name "Death Mountain", and the Gorons will inhabit it after saving it? I dunno...

(Also I merged the "Volvagia in SS? New Evidence" thread with this one.)

That quote "He ate Gorons!" doesn't actually confirm a male gender. That Goron was talking about an ancient event. "He" could have been used as an ambiguous term, there. Plus, in the 3DS version, it was changed to "it", so...
Given that the subject of the conversation was a fricken' dragon, "it" would have been a far better ambiguous term and a lot more natural to use in a sentence. Clearly, the intention of that specific pronoun being used was to indicate gender, not to indicate "lol whatever gender", especially considering all other references to the creature in the game are the term "it". This is of course assuming that the localization team for Ocarina of Time knew grammar, but pretty much all evidence points to that they did, considering OoT's dialogue was not at all ridden with grammar and spelling issues, nor translation ones, to my understanding.

Yes, it was changed in the 3D version, but that's as potentially meaningless as you claim the "he" statement to be. Possibly it's just their intention to make things uniform. Either way, the only time the gender was ever explicitly stated, was them stating it was male. So unless we're just going to agree we don't know the gender for sure, it's much more likely male than female.

Last edited:
he coul be a scound boss on eldin volcano, if you can return to the fire tample... but i really daut that...

vcdomith

Mad Artist
Hey! Something have come to my mind now, if Volvagia later in game have killed the Mogmas, then the Gorons came there and beat the dragon with the help of Link, then they made a tribute to the dead Mogma calling Eldin Volcano, as Death Mountain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom