• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Volvagia

Djinn

and Tonic
That first pic you posted appears to be carved and decorated stone to me. I do not believe that is a skeleton of Volvagia at all, not when we have other such creatures as Stallord and Dodongo remains to use as an example. Dodongos have gotten to that size before as shown in OoT, Stallord we have no real idea what it was in life but it had to have come from some line of similar creatures if it was not made by magic itself. So there can be others of the same creature type somewhere in Hyrule. Right now I think that skeleton is far too large to be Volvagia but possibly something like Stallord. The problem is that the know so little about the dragons that live in Hyrule that simple speculation is all we have. Along with far too few examples of dragons to use. Most fo them are actually very small like Aquamentus. However Gleeok in PH has a very similar design and is somewhat larger than Volvagia. Although I do not think it is quite as large as the skeleton in that pic.

I am still not quite sure it that has to be specifically Volvagia. We have already seen that Scaldera is the boss of that dungeon. So even if that is a picture of him, it may still not be conclusive evidence that he will be appearing in the game at any point. Plus even in real world mythology dragons are symbols of fire, and sometimes volcanoes. I do not see why that could not be the same in Hyrule as well. If someone were to create a structure dedicated to fire, then it makes sense to have dragons as a part of the decoration on the walls and doors.

Also by the time of OoT Volvagia was a fairly well known legend among the Gorons involving their hero. Any creature famous enough to become a common story among the people might be placed on decorations as well. It does make a little bit of sense to make a few pictures of a famous fiery creature placed on the walls of a fire temple. It is dedicated to the element and not so much any specific creature or deity.

Last edited:
This has cameo written all over it, and almost seems paradoxically rediculous... How could Volvagia's skeleton appear right above Scaldera's battle arena and yet emerge whole in OoT, when we know SS already takes place before that? No, I don't think this suggests anything. It's just an Easter Egg Nintendo decided to drop in; I can't think of anything more explanatory.

you do know that Volvagia was revived in oot, right? I think it would make a lot of sense to include volvagia in this game, but I don't think it's very likely, considering that there is another boss in the fire temple, you might have to face him later though, fighting alongside the goron hero.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I, personally, would like to see Volvagia in this game. Maybe he'll be a mini-boss in the fire temple (although I think he would be too important for that...). As for the skeleton... it almost looks like something that you would have to use as a bridge, I think. If it is, in face, Volvagia's skeleton, hopefully we'll get to know a little more about the Goron hero in this game.

I posted this same observation in the screenshot thread (see link below).

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?23235-SS-Screen-Gallery!

However, I'm not 100% sold that it is Volvagia. It's slightly more likely it is just a design feature that fits the fire dungeon "motif". I guess I say that, because I'm actually hoping we'll see a living Volvagia. Seeing his remains means that the Hero of the Gorons must of killed him even prior to SS. I was kind of hoping we'd see that event happen in the flesh....but who knows, maybe we'll actually meet this Goron Hero and he'll tell us the story of his Volvagia conquest and they could show it to us through a cinematic flashback.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That first pic you posted appears to be carved and decorated stone to me.
It's quite far away in that though. I have got a better one for you where you can more clearly see the vertebrae in the spine.
clearer bones.jpg

However, I'm not 100% sold that it is Volvagia. It's slightly more likely it is just a design feature that fits the fire dungeon "motif". I guess I say that, because I'm actually hoping we'll see a living Volvagia. Seeing his remains means that the Hero of the Gorons must of killed him even prior to SS. I was kind of hoping we'd see that event happen in the flesh....but who knows, maybe we'll actually meet this Goron Hero and he'll tell us the story of his Volvagia conquest and they could show it to us through a cinematic flashback.

I was also hoping to see a living Volvagia, but the Hero of the Goron's was actually a Goron so link would not be able to kill him anyway. So now I hope that that is Volvagia and that we get to meet the Hero, as you have said.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
you do know that Volvagia was revived in oot, right? I think it would make a lot of sense to include volvagia in this game, but I don't think it's very likely, considering that there is another boss in the fire temple, you might have to face him later though, fighting alongside the goron hero.

Ah, thank you. I believe this is where I was missing the connection. Yes, perhaps this was originally dedicated to Volvagia, but then the Hero of the Gorons killed him with the Megaton Hammer and we see Volvagia's remains above. And to explain my confusion of him reappearing in OoT, I believe I recall Darunia's son mentioning that the dragon was revived by Ganon's dark power.

This isn't new. I suggested the idea at E3 when we first saw that fire boss.

Edit: Ah, just looked. That was on another forum. But, I did suggest on this forum that the dungeon key could be a reference to Volvagia.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
If it were the skeleton of Volvagia, that would kind of defeat the purpose of her being in the game, as she wouldn't be revived at that point.

As far as the dragon symbol goes, the Golden Sculpture (big key) of the Fire Temple is also a dragon, yet the boss is Scaldera. I'm thinking the dragon symbol is just to go along with the somewhat Chinese feel to the dungeon. I'm not saying Volvagia won't be in the game, but this evidence isn't sufficient at all.

Β

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I just watched the latest Gameinformer Zelda video for the scaldera boss fight. I found something rather interesting up by the ceiling in the room where the boss is fought. As you can see in the picture I have posted below, it has some resemblance to the way volvagias skeleton looked once it had been defeated, although this new one seems allot bigger.

View attachment 17690
Heres the one from skyward sword

View attachment 17691
Here is the defeated Volvagias skeleton.

In OOT you are told by a goron that Volvagia is an ancient dragon that was revived by Ganon, and was defeated long ago by the hero of the Gorons, using the megaton hammer. Could Volvagia have already been defeated by the hero of the Gorons in SS and this is actually it's skeleton, or is it the skeleton some some other dragon. There is a dragon design on the door to the fire temple in this game which would suggest that there was once a dragon and it is dead, so highly doubt that whoever made that door would have put a design of something that was still hostile towards them.

View attachment 17692
Here is the dragon door design,this is not so new and you have probably seen this one

What are your thoughts on this, do you think that skeleton is Volvagia? Or do you think that Volvagia will actually be alive in this game or simply not appear at all?

That's not evidence that Volvagia is there. I am starting to have doubts of Volvagia reappearing in this game. Scaldera is confirmed to be the Fire Temple boss. I know that there's room for mini-boss and a possible second run-through with a different boss. But I think it is merely a coincidence.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
I think Volvagia will appear, but in living form, and not as an encounter; you can't kill Volvagia because Volvagia survives for Ocarina of Time.

As for the picture of the skeleton on the roof. How many creatures do we know that have skeletons? I could think of a million things more then just Volvagia. That bone looks too big to be Volvagia's while at it. I highly doubt Volvagia will make an appearance. There is already a Fire Temple boss and I'm also positive that the Lizalfoes are the mini-bosses.

The screenshots are not really enough evidence to prove he will be in the game.

Last edited:

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that i would be cool to have volvagia in the game and find out about some of the goron mythology surrounding it. I think that it would be a neat build in to the game.

Since you have to return to each dungeon multiple times later in the game, could it be that later in the game you can reach new rooms within the firetemple and that each temple could have more than one boss?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
As for the picture of the skeleton on the roof. How many creatures do we know that have skeletons? I could think of a million things more then just Volvagia.
Oh I bet you could think of a million creatures with skeletons, but this can't just be the skeleton of any old creature. This thing was not a giant mole or a bird. I can't think of any lava or fire dwelling creature in zelda that would have a skeleton like that, apart from of course Volvagia or a dragon like volvagia. A snake would also have a similar skeleton. Molgera from the wind waker would have a similar skeleton. Neither of those have been found to dwell in fire areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom