• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Virtual Simulator Zelda

figthersword

Hylian Coward
Guys do you think in the future the zelda series will be in virtual reality?

What i mean is, you will be the main character. Example when you move your body the character will also move his body and when you are being hit by an enemy you will be experience a static in your body

Hanyou

didn't build that
The 360 has Kinect, not the Wii ;)

And no, I don't think that will ever happen. There needs to be some degree of player input through buttons, especially considering things like forward movement, etc. Oddly enough, simply moving one's whole body to interact with the environment ruins immersion, so there has to be a balance.

I sincerely doubt Kinect-like controls will become industry standard, at least not without controllers as supplements.

bds1110

Imp
Well, no one really knows what the future will hold, so I really can't say yes or no... but if they DO actually come out with that technology, I think that they will make a Zelda game for it. As long as it's a Nintendo system, that is.

Beeker

Wild Card
Virtual reality... I've never really been so sure about it, to be honest. I think I would miss using controllers if it became the norm. I guess if I wanted reality, I could just go outside.

Would I want to see it in Zelda? Maybe, I've always wanted to be in Hyrule. But then again, I could leave my imagination to that.:)

It'll happen, I'm not sure how exactly, but Skyward Sword is one big step towards it. Just 24 years ago Zelda was an 8 bit game with about six different colors lol. If you told them you had a controller that you could move around like a sword and other items and it would mimmick that in a 3D rendered space, in 24 years they'd be like... Woah! What does that mean?
And since Humans just started a rapidly growing technology age, I'm sure we'll see virtual reality Zelda, or something close to it in less than 50 years.
Since Nintendo is all about new experiences, maybe they are already working on it! :) lol jokes.
But they are working on a Zelda in 3D effects. Damn we have cool technology...

Danlo

Daniel
I think it will happen, but not for a LONG time. When they develop something like that it will happen

Moldorm

Is not Error
Perhaps I'm a minority on this, but I play games for fun and to relax. If they forced me to stand and do stuff the entire time, I think I'd be pretty disappointed. I like to sit and play long games like Zelda for hours, key word: "sit."

While there is certainly a place for Wii gameplay, and thus a place for future controller-free gameplay like Kinect and beyond, there's something to be said about the dynamic between a gamer and the controller. This is especially true for gamers who grew up with a controller in their hands. There's a priceless familiarity that comes with playing a game with a controller, and with how intuitive controls have become, I feel that I am already immersed in the experience, even without swinging a pretend sword at the screen. As future generations play without the peripheral, it's arguable this will become less of an issue.

Zelda VR? :) I think it's a very interesting thought. Depending on how far in the future we're talking about here, one might imagine quite a unique and involved gaming experience. But hey, you can blow your mind trying to think about how games will be in the future, especially Zelda. There's so many possibilities.

Gaming is already a lifestyle, but as games become more interactive the definition of a gaming lifestyle might evolve to include much more involvement, so much that you might consider it obsessive today. But, look at the diligence of MMO gamers. Their numbers alone have created a massive community with an acceptance of practically living in-game, not to mention the generations of classic role-players that came before them. And, like it or not, the gamer long ago became a socially acceptable archetype. Thus, it's arguable that, as the markets grow for controller-free games, developers will do what they can to involve their titles.

And while I see this as tragic, Zelda will likely be among games to include itself in the mix. The series has shown that it's not afraid of all sorts of presentations: top-down, sidescroll, and 3d, with portables as well for these. If trends continue, we'll probably see another experience when the gaming world is ready and the technology has reached a point that is of quality to satisfy the Zelda community.

S

Supershadow125

if a virtual Zelda will exist i see lots of deaths in the newspaper and on the web soon. what if there is a fatal glitch? what if you cheated?those what ifs will be the gameing buisness downfall. i would stay away from that, but so many possiblites can be opened...i think a .hack sign thing may end up being real but in zelda form.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
hey supershadow125, of course nintendo in the future will think of that. maybe they can divert it in receiving a little ground in the game when the character hits by an enemy.

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I don't see it happening anytime in the near future, but maybe in like 10 years or so. It would be really tight, and really addictive. It would also be really scary, just think of an army of redeads pacing towards you, your body frozen in fear. I'm already getting goosebumbs.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have no doubts it holds the future but when Link has to flip backwards? I can't imagine everybody can flip backwards like Link does in the game.I certainly can´t! I do believe it will happen to make the character move by using your body but a lot of things have to be solved and fixed before it actually can happen

figthersword

Hylian Coward
To bigelover88:

Regarding to your comment, i really laugh of what you have said. you're right "what if the player doesn't know how to back flip" :)) maybe the nintendo company will have the requirements to play the virtual simulator of zelda :D and one of the requirements is know how to back flip :p

Z

Zora X

When you think about it full blown virtual reality isn'y imaginable, how would you include the 6 sences into virtual reality, and were would you have all the moving space to place such a game. It is a nice thougth but only minor forms of virtual reality are possible, and right now that would be motion control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom