• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 489!

Winter is almost here! What is your favorite cold area in Zelda? (Part 1)

• Ice Palace (ALttP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snowhead Mountains (MM)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ice Ring Isle (WW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snowpeak Mountains (TP)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • The Snow Realm (ST)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hebra Mountains (BotW)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Mount Lanayru (BotW)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Who is your favorite original character from the two Hyrule Warriors games?

Third Place: Draw between "Cia" and "Harbinger Ganon" (10.0% each)
Second Place: Draw between "Volga" and "Terrako" (20.0% each)
First Place: Sooga (40.0%)

Sooga wins! He got some much needed backstory with the last batch of DLC for AoC, that and his personality seems to have gotten people to like him alot!

This week's question: Winter is almost here! What is your favorite cold area in Zelda? (Part 1)

Ice Palace (ALttP)
Snowhead Mountains (MM)
Ice Ring Isle (WW)
Snowpeak Mountains (TP)
The Snow Realm (ST)
Hebra Mountains (BotW)
Mount Lanayru (BotW)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Probably Hebra Mountains for me. It feels like the place in Zelda where the cold is most dangerous. Have to go in with the ability to stay warm.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Snowhead by far

Granted,the competition isn’t exactly tough. Ice Palace in LttP and LBW were both slogs to get through, Ice ring Isle in WW you explore for a total of 5 minutes, the Snow Realm in ST I’m indifferent to, and both of the BotW snow areas are just as boring and unmemorable as the rest of the world, if not even more so.

Snowpeak is admittedly close just due to the fun snowboarding minigame and Snowpeak ruins, which is easily one of the best dungeons in the entire franchise, but still had an insanely boring game of “follow the line” preceding it.

Snowhead, in addition to having an S-tier dungeon, has an entire town and story connected to it. It has a mechanic that ties in perfectly with the rest of the game. Its side story is emotional and heartfelt. It makes the 3 day cycle feel like more than just a gimmick, it feels like it’s part of the world youre exploring. The snow area, ironically enough, gives a warmer feeling inside than most other places in the entire series.

That is why MM is easily the Zelda title that is most deserving of the term “masterpiece.”

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Snowpeak. It looks really nice and atmosphere, snowboarding with Yeto and Yeta is fun, and Snowpeak Ruins is my favorite dungeon in the series. I overall like the area a lot, so I’m giving it to Snowpeak

I absolutely hate slogging through Hebra. The occasional clear weather day looks lovely, but the slowed movement requiring specific boots, the bad visibility most of the time and a few other factors just piss me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom