• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 47!

Did you like Ghirahim as a boss for 2 dungeons, or should there have been another?

• He was awesome to have in 2 dungeons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

• Another boss in the Fire Sanctuary would have been better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: No (65.52%)
This week's question: In Skyward Sword, did you like that Ghirahim was a boss for 2 dungeons, or do you think that he robbed us of another cool fireboss in the Fire Sanctuary?
He was awesome for 2 dungeons
I don't care
I think another boss would be better

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Even without the repeats of Ghirahim and The Imprisoned, SS had a pretty healthy set of bosses (9 unique bosses), so no complaints from me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Since each fight was pretty much the same thing just with added flair, I say another boss for the Fire Sanctuary would've been better. To make matters worse, Ghirahim exhibited almost no change from his appearance in Skyview - he just got darker skin is all.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I liked him as a boss for two dungeons, since it added to the story more than if there had just been some random creature there. Had he not been the boss, they would've had to shove the bit about him looking for a new Door of Time somewhere else, and that would've just made the story broken and disconnected. So having Ghirahim there was necessary, and handling it the way they did was better than just repeating the same pattern as before: meet him, he rabbles on about his goals and how annoy you are, then summons something to kill you. As the last dungeon before you get the (True) Master Sword, it was fitting that he would start to get desperate. "Oh, you're gonna fight me yourself now? I thought I was just some meddlesome kid that you didn't care about!!" It added to his character and to the story beautifully, and as stated by DarkestLink, SS did have a nice diverse set of bosses.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I liked him in two dungeons, but any more than that would've been a bit excessive. I wouldn't have minded a different boss for the fire sanctuary, but I like Ghirahim, and I think it was cool that he was the first and last dungeon boss, plus a part of the final boss

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I definitely would have preferred to see something new. I like Ghirahim and thought he was a fun boss, but I just don't think he was different enough the second time around to warrant being repeated, especially as there was no noticeable increase in difficulty the second time.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
On second thought...I'm very very GLAD we had Ghirahim. If not, we would have had a boss that focused on Mogma Mitts and I hated those things. >.<

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think fighting Ghirahim repeatedly was a waste of potential creative, unique, and difficult bosses. I can understand a common recurring theme of the number 3 (3 Ghirahim battles, 3 Imprisoned battles, 3 Sacred Flames, the 3 pieces of the Triforce, 3 dragons, ect), but sometimes enough is enough.

It was completely unnecesary to have Ghirahim as a boss again. It took away from a unique boss that we could of had, but we get a copy/paste boss with no real story relavence to the game. It didn't help anything.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I liked it supremely because we got to see his rage truly inflate at a rapid pace, and the buildup eventually blow up in everyone's face. ie, when he freaked out in the Sacred Temple.
We were essentially a stress ball. I don't like that view personally, but whatever.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I loved the Ghirahim fights!! However I think we could have had a different boss in Fire Sanctuary and switched Ghirahim to Sandship instead of Tentalus. I'm not complaining though I loved both Boss fights anyway. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom