• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 428!

Zelda-games often start with Link waking up. Which one has the worst way to wake up?

• ALttP

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • LA/PH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • OoT

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • OoS/OoA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WW

• MC

• ST

• SS

• ALBW

• BotW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: In OoT, which dungeon makes the least sense to you? World wise

Third Place: None (0.0%)
Second Place: Shadow Temple (5.9%)
First Place: Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly (94.1%)

Well, well, well... For the first time ever, in all these years of making polls, we had the chance of having a complete 100% sweep! BUT NO! SOMEONE HAD TO GO AND RANDOMLY PICK THE SHADOW TEMPLE WITHOUT EVEN PUTTING DOWN A COMMENT ABOUT IT AS TO WHY AND RUIN IT!
:gno: It has to be a troll vote just to mess it up, as the Shadow Temple is one of the dungeons that makes the MOST sense... Anyway... Jabu Jabu still won it!

This week's question: Zelda-games often start with Link waking up. Which one has the worst way to wake up?

ALttP
LA/PH
OoT
OoS/OoA
WW
MC
ST
SS
ALBW
BotW

I'd like to pick PH, but I wouldn't want to also pick LA.

It sucks Link wakes up in PH because then the rest of the game happens. Same with ST.

Id say the same for SS but the scene where Link wakes up is actually the best part of the entire game.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd like to pick PH, but I wouldn't want to also pick LA.

It sucks Link wakes up in PH because then the rest of the game happens. Same with ST.

I know you hate those games, but this poll isn't about the games themselves, just about the way Link wakes up. Since there is a limit to 10 options in a poll, I had to put 2 more games together, and both LA and PH has Link waking up stranded on an island. Though in LA, he still wakes up in a bed and in PH it's on the beach, but still

I know you hate those games, but this poll isn't about the games themselves, just about the way Link wakes up. Since there is a limit to 10 options in a poll, I had to put 2 more games together, and both LA and PH has Link waking up stranded on an island. Though in LA, he still wakes up in a bed and in PH it's on the beach, but still

Don't worry. I still gave an honest answer.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Define "worst"? Like, waking up in the worst situation? Or more literally, like a cruel wake up call?
Yeah I'm on the same wavelength, I need more context. Another interpretation is we're voting based on what game literally butchers the wake up scene and doesn't make it entertaining.
Worst as in: How would you NOT want to wake up yourself?

Considering the fact that I've essentially done the one from ALBW in real life, I'mma go with that one.

So fun story: I was sick one christmas at my mom's house. I was very congested and had a fever (mild). My stepdad gave me some meds for it. During the night the fever broke and I felt better in the morning. But my stomach went from "hmmm.... maybe kinda upset" to "I should go into the bathroom just in case this get ugly" within the span of a half hour. I remember my step sisters were washing dishes in the kitchen. I got up from the couch to go to the bathroom and as I walekd, I remember with each step that my sphere of spatial awareness just shrank. Then blackness, followed by the blinding pain and weird metallic colors like light through closed eyelids, then more pain as I hit the ground and skidded on my back. As I lay there wondering what the hell just happened, eyes still closed, I hear the youngest step sister's sweet little voice above me, baffled and concerned... "are you okay?" I replied with a mashed together "i'm just gonna lay here for a bit". There was a warning, I discovered later, on the med bottle: "Warning: standing suddenly may cause a drop in blood pressure". So when I got up to go to the bathroom, I blacked out, and instead of rounding the corner to enter the bathroom I missed the door and just plastered full-tilt into the wall, then skidded on the hardwood floor from the impact and resulting bounce-off.

Last edited:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
At first I was thinking SS. Being startled to wake up by a nightmare and a giant bird sticking in it's head in the room... Not very pleasant. But then I thought of PH and LA. Waking up on a beach with presumably wet clothes doesn't sound like a great time at all. Even waking up in a strangers bed, as in LA, after being shipwrecked sounds uncomfortable to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom