• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 412!

Which of the games has your favorite Title Screen music? (Part 1)

• LoZ

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • ALttP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OoT

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • OoS

• WW

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • FSA

• PH

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • TFH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which Zelda-game has your favorite design of the Mirror Shield?

Third Place: OoT (9.1%)
Second Place: WW (18.2%)
First Place: MM (72.7%)

The creepiest shield in history wins by a landslide! Almost everyone voted for it, except for 2 people that prefered WW and me, who picked OoT XD

This week's question: Which of the games has your favorite Title Screen music? (Part 1)

LoZ
ALttP
OoT
OoS
WW
FSA
PH
TFH

I want to say The Wind Waker because bright and jolly and amazing but...

Jesus Christ, OoT's sombre tone and that damn haunting melody.

When I first played it at release I instantly knew I was about to play something very special. I'd never had such a sure feeling of a game going to be so great before even playing it.

I sometimes load up OoT just to watch the title screen and hear the music. It's so incredible.

The PH title screen brings back a lot of memories playing that game whilst travelling & was the 1st title screen music to come to mind.
For nostalgia sake it gets my vote.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
oof this is a tough one...

LoZ is so iconic, but the fanfare at the beginning of LttP is so amazing!

WW is so hopeful and adventurous!

but I think I have to go with OoT, even though the cutscene itself is a massive spoiler.

Are you planning on doing one with the others next week?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
wait wait wait...why isn't TP or MM on here? Oh...part 1

Its so hard to choose! I love OoT music when I first opened the game, I just sat there and listened to it, enjoying the beat, but WW really made me feel very excited and energized to play!

I think I will have to choose OoT though, it's just, I just feel the music in OoT more, if that makes sense lol

Cfrock

Keep it strong
God, some good choices here. AoL's is really good, though to be honest my fondness for it mainly stems from cover versions.

OoT's is great in its subtlety and understatement. It's doesn't herald the grand adventure awaiting the player, but is more reflective and sombre. It's like the title theme is wistfully remembering what you're leaving behind rather than getting you ready for what's to come. It also goes so well with the image of Link riding Epona against the moonlight.

But I voted for WW's because WW's is the best in the series as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly. It's beautiful and so full of emotion. There's excitement, there's anticipation, there's joy, there's earnestness, there's innocence. But there's also the sense of time moving on, that idea that although the adventure is exciting and full of wonders, you'll never be the same person afterwards, you'll never truly be able to go home again. But it's not melancholy in that idea. WW makes that inevitable change and loss of home feel like a good thing, like growth and discovery, a natural part of life. It's unbelievable and sets the stage for the adventure so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom