• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 406!

What is your favorite incarnation/version of Beedle?

• Beedle from WW

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Helmed Beedle from WW

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beedle from MC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beedle from PH

• Helmed Beedle from PH

• Beedle from ST

• Beedle from SS

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Beedle from BotW

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • None, I hate him!

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: TP is kinda know for having weird and half-unusable items. What is the most worthless item in Twilight Princess?

Third Place: Other (10.0%)
Second Place: Dominion Rod (25.0%)
First Place: Bombling (55.0%)

The Bomblings are useless! That's the opinion of more than half the voters! I kinda agree myself, although I voted for the Dominion Rod, which came in second place. I mean, why would you ever even need the Bomblings as an item after the Forest Temple? 2 people thought that items that weren't on the list was even more useless. The Slingshot and the Spinner got 1 vote each, but that's not enough to put them on the top 3.

This week's question: What is your favorite incarnation/version of Beedle?

Beedle from WW
Helmed Beedle from WW
Beedle from MC
Beedle from PH
Helmed Beedle from PH
Beedle from ST
Beedle from SS
Beedle from BotW
None, I hate him!

Wind Waker but I also kind of hate him.

He is fine in Wind Waker because he makes sense but every other incarnation sucks.

His bag in BotW is cool because it looks like a beetle but his character is naff.

His worst is Skyward Sword. Constantly peddling his shop to stay airborne instead of landing it somewhere on Skyloft.

It takes ****ing ages to find and get into his shop and then if you don't buy anything you have to sit through more crap as he drops you out instead of just being able to exit the shop like a normal Zelda game.

God I bloody hate him in SS.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I have encountered Beedle only in SS and before I encounter him in MC poll'll probably end.
So for now, I hate him. The punk. Got some **** to dump me of the airshop eh?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
The thing is with these polls is that it usually is comparing games that I’ve never played lol

But they’re awesome VikzeLink!

Ive only seen him in SS and BotW. Definitely BotW over SS. I’ve only just realized a few months ago that his backpack is Beetle shaped, that made him even cooler

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
(is tempted to select "None, I hate him!" since that's the funniest answer)

I'd say the original version of Beedle (the WW version) is the best of the bunch.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Beedle in the WW is the best. I never quite understood why he also showed up with a helm on, but he was a memorable shop keeper and was a nice bit of flavour for the game.

The problem with Beedle is that he showed up in other games after that. He's a bit like Tingle in that Nintendo introduced an odd or eccentric character and then put them in ****ing everything afterwards because "lMaO fUnNy LoOkInG sIlLy VoIcE mAn". The joke with Beedle is the way he looks and sounds. Once you've seen and heard him he has nothing left. So why bring him back?

In SS he just doesn't make sense. Why would he run a shop that was such a pain in the bum for him? Why was he nasty? They tried to make him memorable again because the joke was already done, but anything you add to him just ruins it all. Every appearance outside WW is worse by default because we've heard this joke before.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The OG. His best appearance is definitely in The Wind Waker, but I voted for the helmed version due to the cool darker aesthetic of the ship and the awesome products he sells.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I don’t downright hate him in SS or BotW like others do, but I’m not particularly fond of him in those games either. While WW beedle is definitely my favorite (and I think the helmet version is ridiculous and funny so I chose that), I actually did enjoy him in PH/ST. He acted very similarly to WW beedle, it was more of the same.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I can't remember him anymore in some other games. I think he is the coolest in WW but to be honest I thought him kicking Link out in SS was cruel but also hilarious! But WW is the best Beedle to me

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I do like the one from SS a lot. Not only is it funny that he gets angry when you don't buy anything (since he has to work extra hard to keep his shop in the air while you're on board, cause of the extra weight), but he's also the only Beedle we get to meet when he's not working. If you go to sleep in his shop, you'll wake up on his floating island at night and you'll be able to hang out with him on his free time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom