• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 401!

What game has the best way of upgrading the wallet (according to you)?

• OoT, collect Gold Skulltula Tokens

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • MM, deposit rupees in bank and Oceanside Spider House

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • WW, Fairy Upgrades

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • MC, buy, kinstones, fairy

• TP, collect Golden Bugs

• SS, buying and upgrade from Batreaux

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Why did you join ZeldaDungeon?

Third Place: Draw between "To discuss a specific game (new upcomming or older)" and "Someone else wanted me to join" (3.8% each)
Second Place: Draw between "I wanted to join a TLoZ-community" and "Other reason" (19.2% each)
First Place: For my love of the TLoZ-franchise (53.8%)

More than half of you joined for the love of the franchise! I suppose that was to be expected. Some of you sought out this place because you wanted to find a Zelda-community to join and some just had other reasons, which are both solid reasons too. Only a total of 2 of you joined to either discuss one specific game (to begin with) or was dragged in here by someone else. And it seems none of the Mafia-people even saw this thread at all. It just shows you how rarely they stick their noses outside of their part of the forums XD

This week's question: What game has the best way of upgrading the wallet (according to you)?

OoT, collect Gold Skulltula Tokens
MM, deposit rupees in bank and Oceanside Spider House
WW, Fairy Upgrades
MC, buy, kinstones, fairy
TP, collect Golden Bugs
SS, buying and upgrade from Batreaux

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I really like collecting Skulltulas. I like how you have to rely on sound for most of them and the world in OoT isn't so big that you end up using a guide.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I only know two of those to options DX, Golden bugs and Gratitude crystals. Out of those I voted for Gratitude crystals because I like the way they materialized feeling of gratitude and it also felt good to help people ;) . I didn't choose Golden bugs because you could catch only two bugs per species.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was going to vote for the Gold Skulltulas, but I couldn't bring myself to do it solely due to the fact that finding more than 50 - which is not at all hard as at least half of them are on the beaten path - is completely pointless so it makes the quest less interesting.

For that reason, I voted for The Wind Waker. Rupees actually serve a purpose in that game and the fact that the rupee upgrades are easy to get is nice and makes the Triforce quest far less frustrating. I also like how at least one rupee upgrade is required for the main story, it encourages you to find upgrades when you might otherwise lack interest in doing so.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
given how worthless rupees are in OoT, I’m gonna say no to the skulltulas. I’m also not a huge fan of having every single reward from collectibles being the same thing, so tp is out. I feel like wallets and upgrades to items you already have are kinda wasted potential for something that’s supposed to be as grand as a great fairy. That leaves SS, MC, and MM. I barely remember MC so that’s not it. I really do enjoy that you can get extra mini wallets in SS, but having all of the major wallets being tied to the crystals kinda holds it back for me.

I think MM has the best wallets because not only are rupees insanely useful this time around, but you can get the first one incredibly early.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I'd say Majora's Mask. The upgrade to the Adult's Wallet is really nice since it's something you can easily hit and is integrated nicely with the banking system. The upgrade to the Giant's Wallet is out of your way, but I do like having to do the spider house and earning it.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I kinda like the way MC does it, because it feels a bit more random, so it's more of a fun surprise when you get the upgrades. The first one you just find at the store to buy, which makes sense. Then it's via a kinstone fusion, which are always random surprises anyway, and last but not least you get it from a Great Fairy that tests your generosity with money, only giving you the biggest wallet if you're very generous. It feels a bit more natural this way, to get the upgrades from different sources

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Breath of the Wild, because wallet upgrades are stupid. A bigger wallet is about the least exciting reward you can give a player in a Zelda game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom