• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 271!

Would you like the Mirror Shield, and the type of puzzles it comes with, to return in the next game?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners
Last week's Question: What is your favorite enemy from the deku tree in OOT? (Not counting Gold Skulltulas)

Third Place: Big Skulltula (12.5%)
Second Place: Skullwalltula (18.8%)
First Place: Draw between "Deku Scrub" and "Gohma Larva" (31.3% each)

It seems since the last time, when the Deku Scrub completely crushed it, it has now lost some of it's popularity to the other enemies of the dungeon, making it more even and actually ending up in a tie for first place with the Gohma Larva!

This week's question: We haven't seen the Mirror Shield and the types of puzzles it comes with in a while. Would you like it to return in the next game?

Yes
Maybe
No
Don't care

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I always liked the mirror shield because it was more then just a shield. I like the puzzles that it is used for and in a new game I hope we could see brand new puzzles or more interesting versions of light puzzles we have seen before.

Mido

Version 1
The mirror shield was always one of my favorites shields, and convenient for puzzles when required because it meant one didn't have to constantly swap inventory pieces since the shield is separate from the main inventory. The Spirit and Earth Temples were fun in this respect, although I believe the latter had more dependence on the shield as opposed to the former with a bit more variety. So yes, I would not mind a return for this shield and its puzzles. If it does not return, that's all right, too.

Ninja

Well well well
Aesthetically, they've always looked great, especially the red mirror shield from OoT. However, usually aside from one dungeon you don't get much use out of them, I'd like to see them get used more often, or introduced earlier in the games.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Aesthetically, they've always looked great, especially the red mirror shield from OoT. However, usually aside from one dungeon you don't get much use out of them, I'd like to see them get used more often, or introduced earlier in the games.
I think the return to non linearity means that we are more likely to see the mirror shield "earlier" in a game. I say earlier in "" because it may not actually appear sooner in a game Per se, but could be acquired by the player sooner depending on what path they took in the game/what dungeons they decided to play first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom