• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 112!

When waking the Windfish, did you have any feelings of remorse?

• Yes... Quite a lot actually...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only a little bit

• I Didn't Care

• Nope, none at all...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:

Question: Would like to see more fishing in future Zelda games?

Third Place: Yes! Expand on it and make it important in the game as well! (10.34%)
Second Place: Don't Care (17.24%)
First Place: Yes, but keep it as a side thing. (65.52%)

This week's question: When waking the Windfish, did you have any feelings of remorse?

Yes... Quite a lot actually...
Yes, but only a little bit
I Didn't Care
Nope, none at all...

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No. It felt presented as something I wasn't supposed to care about and I didn't know any of the characters too well, so I didn't.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
When I first played through LA, I was so focused on making a 100% run that I almost completely overlooked the story to focus on gameplay. When I wakened the Wind Fish, I didn't feel much of anything. I was just happy to have beaten the game.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I only felt a little bit, but because we do see Marin as a seagull, if I remember the ending cutscene accurately, the guilt was greatly reduced. I like to believe (nay, hope!) that all the residents of the island lived in some shape and form.

Ganondork

goo
I only felt a little bit, but because we do see Marin as a seagull, if I remember the ending cutscene accurately, the guilt was greatly reduced. I like to believe (nay, hope!) that all the residents of the island lived in some shape and form.

They do! Because, following the philosophy that LA is based on (Descartes' beliefs of reality vs. dreams), there is the possibility that their reality is simply someone else's dream. Their dreams, though, are another's reality. This is evidenced by, as you noticed, Marin's image coming into view when the bird came. She says, in a conversation with Link, that in her dreams, she is a bird.

So, going off of that logic, there is a possibility that all of these residents live in some shape or form in someone else's dreams.

To answer the question, I feel absolutely no remorse. They live on.

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!

That to , I forgot about that.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well I can't remember back to the first time I beat the game, I was like 12, but I can speak for the emotions I have every time I beat it today. And I have the feeling that you have when you wake up from a really good dream, and you shove your face back in your pillow and almost cry because you want to go back to that amazing world. But it's not realizing after you wake up, it's realizing AS you're waking up that you have to let this dream go. Because it's fake... not real... an illusion. And it's very sad. But necessary.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I did care a little bit. It is sad that all those wonderful persons had to disappear, but the option is most likely even worse: Trapped on the Island with the Nightmares ruling over them. I wouldn't want to live in a world where Dethl ruled...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I did feel it quite a bit. I feel like that was part of what made the LA story so magical is that you're basically erasing this island and all of its inhabitants from existence...

mainly Marin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom