• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 106!

Does Nintendo really put that much thought into things or we overanalyzing the games?

• Yes, Nintendo did think about all these things

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we just have a great imagination

• No Opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:

Third Place: Draw between Hyrule Warriors and Nothing (9.52% each)
Second Place: Other Nintendo Title (19.05%)
First Place: Zelda Wii U (61.90%)

This week's question: In many of the games, we fans seem to find deep, hidden meanings and things like that, like the Stone Tower Temple - Tower of Babel theory http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2006/11/03/the-stone-tower-why-termina-was-doomed/. Do you think that Nintendo actually put all these symbolic things there with the intent of having a deep, but unrevealed backstory, or that we are just overanalyzing things?

Yes, Nintendo did think about all these things
No, we just have a great imagination
No Opinion

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I wouldn't say they plan all of them, but a good chunk of them are too obvious to have been put in by accident. I think they do plan most of them, but some of them are kind of just there.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i think an example of this would be the link is dead in majoras mask thing
i kinda doubt that's what nintendo had in mind,and it was just people over-thinking it....OR WAS IT

Salem

SICK
I dunno, I mean the artists that mean all the art assets if the game may not have interpreted things the same way the designers or even the gamers did...

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Haha unfortunately no. We Zelda fanatics just love to come up with crazy awesome stuff including theories behind certain game aspects. I'm sure Nintendo does plenty of stuff with a lot of thought put into it, but we fans just add another layer of imaginative awesomeness

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I think it is fair to compare good games with good literature. In my eyes, both of them are a work of art. Anything where the creator(s) take a great amount of time to create something that is loved by a big community should be considered as art, so games too. Bookwrites usually have a motive hidden in the book, the message that they are trying to tell to the world with their work. Why should games be any different? Zelda is a high class, story driven game. It's nothing like FIFA or CoD (not saying these are bad per se) and the game always leaves room for speculation and interpretation. Believe in your own strengths, the good will win even though it takes time and effort, stuff like that. I do think that the awesome people at Nintendo have their own ideas about what they want to tell with their games.

I do think however that we as a community are a little over-thinking and over-analysing. The trailer for Zelda Wii U for example. People saw stuff in that trailer that's only a little longer then 1 minute that I would have never discovered or thought of by myself. We waited for so long for the new game and when we finally see some footage, we just go ape on it. :D

So, what is my point? I do think that Nintendo has some messages hidden in their games and, offcourse, in their trailers. But that doesn't mean we as a community are a little crazy and over-analyze these things way to much. But hey, that's what crazy, enthusiastic fans are for, right?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I really think they just give us a pallet to run with, they hear it, and continue what WE as fans have created. Yeah they set the basic Lore, but since joining this site, and the NEW games I've played since, it really seems that WE are the ones who expand the lore!

Which is a great thing really, cuz if you think about it, the members of this and many other fan site, are very creative. Some better than others. But I truly feel we help the developers create a more robust lore, and substance for Hyrule itself!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't think that they're putting that much thought into the game lore, but I do think that they leave symbolic things in there, just to see what the fans make of it. Hey, free extra lore!

Fig

The Altruist
In my eyes, I do believe that Nintendo does in fact put a lot of detail in their games and while they may or may not have intentionally have placed each and every detail, you got to give credit where credit is due. I personally like to believe that no matter, Nintendo does indeed put a lot of detail in their games, though fans will at times overthink many aspects within the games so it really is a little bit of both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom