• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video Games That Made You Cry

Dan

If there's a way to mark these replies for spoilers I don't know what it is so there's your warning.

I'm not sure that I've ever actually shed tears, but the scene in Skyward Sword where Zelda goes into stasis in the Sealed Temple was definitely very emotional. The other moment that comes to mind is the ending of Final Fantasy: Type-0 when Machina and Rem discover Class Zero and they've all died holding hands.

Use [ spoiler][/spoiler]

D

Deleted member 81859

The entire Professor Layton franchise.

Especialy Unwound Future.
Why Level 5. Why.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Mass Effect 3. I cried hard a few times. But a lot with a particular scene.

This scene here it was so gut-punchingly sad.

Even the cinematic for the end of the prologue was incredibly sad, setting the tone for the game:

I cried manly tears.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Final Fantasy VII -Crisis Core-. I walked into that game knowing exactly how it would end; in fact, anyone who finished Final Fantasy VII had already known about Zack Fair's ultimate fate.

When Zack is surrounded by all those soldiers at the end if the game, I knew that it was all over and expected a cut scene to play out. But when the little voice and phrase on screen said "Combat Mode Activated," I tried my damnedest to fight back.

All while The Price of Freedom plays in the background, you have to try and fight off an onslaught on ShinRa soldiers. You can't heal yourself, you can't come back; there's nothing you can do. It's a hopeless battle and you get torn apart. The DMW gauge begins to fall apart and Zack's life begins to deteriorate, all while cut scenes flash in and out. I had to witness one of my favourite Final Fantasy protagonists of all time fall.

The cut scene that follows immediately after that broke me in two. Especially when Zack's voice echoed on the screen as Cloud walked away with the Buster Sword saying "Hey, would you say... I became a hero?" I sat there and cried nonstop well after the credits rolled.

Mido

Version 1
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is one game I would not initially expect to move me to tears, but it did, and it did so in spades! It's plethora of cutscenes allowed for the lore to be presented as a quick, flowing narrative. Then, it happened. An hour-long cutscene detailing the events preceding Naruto's birth and the fox attack had me reeling.

Final Fantasy VII -Crisis Core-. I walked into that game knowing exactly how it would end; in fact, anyone who finished Final Fantasy VII had already known about Zack Fair's ultimate fate.

When Zack is surrounded by all those soldiers at the end if the game, I knew that it was all over and expected a cut scene to play out. But when the little voice and phrase on screen said "Combat Mode Activated," I tried my damnedest to fight back.

All while The Price of Freedom plays in the background, you have to try and fight off an onslaught on ShinRa soldiers. You can't heal yourself, you can't come back; there's nothing you can do. It's a hopeless battle and you get torn apart. The DMW gauge begins to fall apart and Zack's life begins to deteriorate, all while cut scenes flash in and out. I had to witness one of my favourite Final Fantasy protagonists of all time fall.

The cut scene that follows immediately after that broke me in two. Especially when Zack's voice echoed on the screen as Cloud walked away with the Buster Sword saying "Hey, would you say... I became a hero?" I sat there and cried nonstop well after the credits rolled.
This one too, I forgot. Even more than FF7.

Final Fantasy VII all the way, but just to avoid being cliche, I'm going to go with Tales of Legendia and Final Fantasy X-2 as well. There was this part on FFX-2 when Yuna sang on stage in the Thunder Plains while the audience looked on. I don't care if this makes me look like a big softy for saying this, but I basically became a human fountain during that part. lol

Actually, no, lots of RPGs have had that effect on me. I think I might've even cried during a moment on Dark Cloud, and I don't remember that game having any redeemable tear-jerking moments. Oh, and that one part on Final Fantasy X when the land of Spira sang the Hymn of the Fayth moved me for some reason. Meh, I'm just a big softy.

For the first time in literally 8 years for a video game, I shed a very manly tear during Otacon's monologue following his sister's death in Metal Gear Soild 2: Sons of Liberty.

On top of the fact that Otacon is by far my favorite character in the Metal Gear universe so far, his speech was so well acted and written that it was beautiful enough by itself. But the whole thing just stated to hit way too close to home as he goes on about how his whole life he was wrong in thinking that love and a good family are something you can just hope for, and how it's actually something that you have to go out and make happen for yourself.

I have no idea how or why I never tried out these games before, because they're amazing in just about every conceivable way.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
A few have. Life is Strange did a pretty good job at getting you to cry a lot. I also did quite a bit in Mass Effect 3, despite its problems. I can't really think of any others that managed to do so. No way I can talk about it without spoiling things.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I got a little sad when I thought Shield Knight didn't make it out of the Tower of Fate alive.
SHE CAME BACK!! And she laid down beside Shovel Knight by the campfire.:kawaii:

JetPunx-R

I can smell you
Undertale- Pacifist. So beautiful. The one character that made me cry the most... Was Temmie. The true Hero. We shall never forget it's "HOIs".
I've never cried in a video game before, especially to characters of the retro gaming era. Well done, Toby. Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom