• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Valentine's Day, Yay or Nay?

Valentine's day

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Don't think I've seen a Valentine's Day poll this time round so....

Valentine's day is just round the corner but more importantly what are your thoughs on this specific holiday, Do you particularly celebrate it or what are your general opinions on it?

Me personally I don't see it as anything special I have celebrated it the last few years while in relationships but in my opinion it just seemed as an excuse to spend money and go out! Overall I would have to say Nay! To the whole Valentine's day celebration, maybe as I get older a will warm to this holiday...

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I have no real feelings one way or the other on Valentine's Day. It's just another day in the week to me. I'm sure if I had a girlfriend I'd feel differently. So I don't think I can cast a vote since it wouldn't really feel like i was being honest whichever way I voted.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Usually, I don't really care about it. If I like it, its because of an excuse to have friends over. But as of the most recent Tuesday, I hate valentines day, since it made me the only one out of my clique to be single. Oh well, more chocolate & ice cream for me!

bunny

birb overlord
It's alright. I don't see the problem with taking one day out of an entire year to tell your significant other what they mean to you. I mean, yes, it is highly commercialized and is just another way for stores to get your money, but you really don't have to spend money to make Valentine's Day special. It's just another day to me, but I don't hate on it.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I think another poster said it the best in the other Valentine's Day thread, when they called it "Singles Awareness Day". I've never liked it, and even if I were lucky enough to one day be in a relationship during it, I would still boicott it.

Kazumi

chagy
I don't think that there is anything wrong with it at all. In fact, I think it's incredibly pretentious and very pessimistic to hate Valentines Day. It's a minor holiday (you don't even get the day off) that is about celebrating people that you love. Regardless of the drive to get people to purchase chocolate, ect, I think that someone who is able to hate something like Valentines Day is a very cold and heartless person indeed.

Even if you aren't in a relationship during Valentines Day, perhaps you should take it as a reminder that life is short and you need to spend your time wisely. If you're just going to feel sorry for yourself and complain on a web forum about how much you hate Valentines Day because you're single then you're not helping anyone, especially not yourself.

Personally I don't really plan to do anything special with my girlfriend on Valentines Day. Partially because I'm busy and partially because I don't feel like it, but I'll probably buy myself some cheap chocolate a couple days later. Regardless, I have absolutely no issue with Valentines Day at all.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
It's a day where you love to the ones you care and like. It can be pretty much any day. Since I don't have a boyfriend, I feel just the same to any other day, but I do show love to my dear ones. So, nay.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
honestly I don't care about valentines day lol. I never have a date for it so I just take the night to my self and do what ever i want to do... I guess it's like a "if no one else will love me then dang it I will love my self!" lol. I would like to experience just once having a sweetheart for valentines lol

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Valentine's Day, like the majority of minor holidays, is nothing but a waste for me. Its original meaning may have meant something more, but nowadays? It's truly little more than "spend your money on someone you might care about."

Why should I single out one day to love and care for the people (or person) dear to me? I mean, sure, you might pick some random day to buy a gift for your significant other, but why practice getting gifts on that one day of the year? Why can't I do that sporadically? :I

Valentine's Day serves as a reminder to appreciate those close to you in your life. While I'm not currently involved in a romantic relationship, that doesn't stop me from acknowledging those people who make life worth living for.

Valentine's Day is my mother's birthday therefore it's always important in the house. Coinciding with another important day for my family, I always try to thank friends and family. I remember passing out treats to the class in elementary school and early middle school.

If you dismiss St. Valentine's then nothing is missed but taking a step back and reassessing life never hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom