• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Underutilised Places in Zelda

Zelda has a lot of really aweosme locations and most are regarded as classic throughout the gaming world and in the history of gaming itself, but sometimes there are places which go underused which can be a bit of a shame especially when the location looks magnificent.

So, which places in the whole of Zelda do you think could have been utilised better? How would you have utilised them yourself? Sprinkled them with enemies, dropped in some more collectables and or hidden areas?

Have fun

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All of Skyward Sword was underutilized in my opinion. The game was basically a set of levels with some story interspersed here and there. I'd handle them much differently; there would be dynamic events, tons of combat-related sidequests, LESS enemies in the overworld but much more STRONGER and QUICKER ones; the overworld would be connected so that flow would actually be present.

Skyloft would have enemies populated around the sky islands at the very least; yes it was supposed to be a hub, but hub doesn't automatically mean 100% safe from danger. I mean, Ghirahim penetrated the venerable Sky Barrier to capture Zelda, did he not? Surely he could send in more troops to wreak havoc on Link and the citizens.

The Past could've used more backstory, at least three dungeons exclusive to it, and a dungeon that is linked to the present sort of like a throwback to Oracle of Ages, but far more intricate and CHALLENGING.

Demise's realm could've used a series of Dark Link battles to make it seem like a neverending source of doom.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Skyloft would have enemies populated around the sky islands at the very least; yes it was supposed to be a hub, but hub doesn't automatically mean 100% safe from danger. I mean, Ghirahim penetrated the venerable Sky Barrier to capture Zelda, did he not? Surely he could send in more troops to wreak havoc on Link and the citizens.

So Clock Town should have had enemies, as well, I take it? After all, Skull Kid hung out at the Clock Tower.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Demise's realm could've used a series of Dark Link battles to make it seem like a never-ending source of doom.

I don't agree with this. What would the Dark Link battles have added to the story at all? This is supposed to be the final fight between the Hero of the Goddess and Demise, the bane of Hylia. Adding in Dark Links would have needlessly distracted us from the true terror. Besides, Demise created this real specifically to have a one-on-one duel with Link with absolutely no interference from outside forces; Dark Links would have gone against this. Demise's final battlefield was perfect the way it was.

The Past could've used more backstory, at least three dungeons exclusive to it, and a dungeon that is linked to the present sort of like a throwback to Oracle of Ages, but far more intricate and CHALLENGING.

I... DO agree with this, though, at least partially. After further reflection, I think this might have been a really cool idea. While I think we still got a fairly good idea of what happened due to the whole of the Lanayru Province, it still would have been even cooler had we seen the attacks happening in the Faron and Eldin province around that time period as well. Though I'm not really sure how they would have integrated that into the game, and I'm still happy with what we got.

Moving on to other games...

I think the sunken Hyrule was far underused. I think we would have had an even greater sense of sailing atop a dead world if we had seen more of that world under the waves, instead of just the castle and Ganon's tower.

The Snowpeak region in TP was also greatly underused. I wanted to explore a vast region perpetually covered in ice, like the Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime. But instead all we got was a straight shot to the mansion.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think there are many underutilised places in Zelda games but one main place sticks out to me and that is the Sky world in Skyward Sword...

I think there was huge room for potential here not just for exploration but for the actual plot as well. I would have liked to see more islands within the Sky direct to the main story, say for example we have the province's down on the surface world so why not have a separate main province to explore up here as well? Apart from the Skykeep there was no Dungeons in the sky which in my opinion was again a missed opportunity. I think the idea of an open Dungeon within the Sky would have been a great idea, we seen the likes of this when exploring the outer regions of the City in the Sky and again with The Palace of Winds (MC). This would have made for a good sky/wind themed dungeon and I found it weird that we didn't get a dungeon based off this.

For me it was also the lack of Islands in the Sky, if I recall there was around 5 island's that served a purpose and these islands were relatively small and around 3 of these islands were the location of Minigames. I would have liked to seen more islands with depth like TWW had with it's islands. The remaining islands were tiny and simply there for the purpose of retrieving your treasure, now why not make each small island have a puzzle and actually make it a task to gain the treasure?

So yeah I think there was a lot of potential lost within the sky world off Skyward Sword and since I love exploration in Zelda games this would have been the perfect opportunity to implement it in my opinion.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well. . . the Sky world in SS had plenty of sidequests to do, even if the story wasn't heavy in that region.

The underused region is definitely the entire Twighlight realm that covers Hyrule. I mean it actually covers Hyrule, but then you kill a few bugs and the entire place goes back to normal. I want to know more about the physics and conditions of the Twighlight. it looked to me like Link, Midna, Zelda, and Zant were the only ones it really mattered to anyway. Everyone really didn't even know what was happening. This entire dimensional concept needs more use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom