• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Underrated music in LOZ!

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
Hey guys! :)
so I decided to make a thread, and as Im pretty sure there's probably somebody out there that made a thread about favorite music by now.. and best music.... rather than going there, Im gonna keep it towards the more unknown musicgems in the lozseries,

Everybody knows Song of Time, Zeldas lullaby... just generally the newer melodies that zelda represent or people heard in older games.... some have been reused a couple of times throughout the years! and while we all love them, we also know that there are some really special songs that many fans dont know of, maybe cause, they havent played the game with those hidden gems in it...?

Basically, that is what this thread is about:
What is the most underrated song in the zelda games? underrated as in just not known.... or underrated as nobody aside of you seems to like it perhaps? :)

one of my personal faves is, Nayrus song from TLOZ OOA!
its beautiful and breathtaking... and alot of people dont know this masterpiece! ~ <3

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
First one that came to mind is this one from Spirit Tracks:

It's easy to miss because like in the video on the left, it builds up slowly as you unlock more floors to the tower. What you hear on the right is the full version that you get when you reach the top, and it gives a very anticipatory feeling. I like it quite a bit.

Mido

Version 1
First one that came to mind is this one from Spirit Tracks:

It's easy to miss because like in the video on the left, it builds up slowly as you unlock more floors to the tower. What you hear on the right is the full version that you get when you reach the top, and it gives a very anticipatory feeling. I like it quite a bit.

I never played the entirety of Spirit Tracks, but I definitely think the soundtrack is a bit overlooked. (The songs you posted here I don't recall hearing before now).

As for myself, I've always been a fan of the various shop themes in the series, but there is sort of a hodgepodge of iconic shop tunes and more elusive ones, so I can't quite get a good list of choices for those. If I had to choose one that I don't hear about often these days, I'd give a hearty hoot to this one:

I guess I just have shops on the mind, because I started thinking about this one again. In contrast to many a shop music selection, This one captures a very exotic and mysterious feel to its style. At the same time, I found it a bit uneasy to boot, probably because of the Poe shop guy. He's quite the enigma.

Mine probably is kind of popular, but Kokiri Forest always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I also like how it subtly reappears on Outset Island in WW!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Great Deku Tree's theme at the beginning of OOT. It gives off a really ominous feel and helps give the player an experience of that sense of impending doom, not only for the tree but for Hyrule itself.

The Great Deku Tree's theme at the beginning of OOT. It gives off a really ominous feel and helps give the player an experience of that sense of impending doom, not only for the tree but for Hyrule itself.

I love that part of it too! Though I always wondered why of all the themes to reappear in standard/hidden pits and maybe a few other places, it was that one.

On the subject of impending doom, shoutout to the Dodongo's Cavern theme! Especially the reorchestrated versions.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I love that part of it too! Though I always wondered why of all the themes to reappear in standard/hidden pits and maybe a few other places, it was that one.

On the subject of impending doom, shoutout to the Dodongo's Cavern theme! Especially the reorchestrated versions.

I think you might be confusing it with the theme 'Inside the Great Deku Tree'.

I'll pop a video to show you the theme I mean. This one is my favourite version.

I think you might be confusing it with the theme 'Inside the Great Deku Tree'.

I'll pop a video to show you the theme I mean. This one is my favourite version.

Ohhhhhh like the part of actually MEETING the tree. Clearly I'm responding too early in the morning haha

Easily one of my most favorite OSTs in the games, and I didn't even notice it was a remake of Dark Link's AOL theme the first time I played through the Baneful Zone.

Tibari

Rinkuji
I do like the Pirate Fortress OST in MM, I don't know if it's an underrated music though...
If you like this OST, you should listen to this redux:

I absolutely LOVE the end credits theme of ALttP. A few minutes into it, the song changes completely and becomes slower. It just sounds so amazing. It gives off a very nice triumphant feeling!

As far as underrated themes go, that's hard to say. Possibly Wind Waker's Potion Shop Theme. Actually, that whole soundtrack is great - I love how they incorporated non-western sounds, giving it a very different feel to OoT, which also had a phenomenal soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom