• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ultimate Hero Mode Question

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Is it possible to beat Skyward Sword without:
Maps
Potions
More Than One Bottle
Heart Pieces and Containers
A Shield
Item Upgrades (Besides the beetle to hook beetle)

I was just wondering because I plan to attempt this, just to see if I can do it.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Yes actually. It'll just be very hard. I think when I first faced the Bokoblin Horde in Hero Mode, I died like 5 times. I did make it through with a couple of Heart Potion++s though. I should try it. But first, I need to develop my skill.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that doing it without a shield and heat containers is going to be really hard, but everything else you can skip if you want. And technically you could probably do anything if you had enough patience, because you can just die until you get it right.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's all completely possible -- you can beat the normal mode without those, Hero Mode truly is no different as the AI is static and never changes.

All you need to do is know how to manipulate your sword -- everything else falls into place. It's that easy. Sure, sounds like a lot of work, but walk up to any Bokoblin and wave your sword around. Mark it's movements, note when it choose to attack because the AI literally goes in a loop. Carry the observations to many other enemies, and you essentially have beaten "Ultimate" Hero Mode.

Oh, that gives me an idea. Nintendo should release "Super Skyward Sword Alpha 3D Gold Edition" that gives extra AI boosts. ;)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Of course you can. It's just going to be really tough. You're gonna have to make sure you don't get hit, because almost every enemy is going to be taking off two hearts, which means three hits and you're dead. Without potions and the Heart Medal (I'm assuming you don't want that), the chairs/stools are going to be your only source of health, and there aren't exactly an incredible amount of chairs/stools throughout the game.

Oh, that gives me an idea. Nintendo should release "Super Skyward Sword Alpha 3D Gold Edition" that gives extra AI boosts. ;)

Hm... Or you can get over the fact that you're a seasoned veteran and quit complaining about difficulty for a series aimed at both old and new fans. :bleh:

Oh, and I don't think I'd like an Alpha version of a game. Just sayin'.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yes, I have done it... JK, but I plan to! Let's all do it for fun guys!

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Without potions and the Heart Medal (I'm assuming you don't want that), the chairs/stools are going to be your only source of health, and there aren't exactly an incredible amount of chairs/stools throughout the game.

Don't forget about goddess walls, from which you can get fairies and hearts to heal.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Thanks guys. I tried to beat it that way on normal first. It's a bit hard since I usually depend on my shield a lot.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Thanks guys. I tried to beat it that way on normal first. It's a bit hard since I usually depend on my shield a lot.

I know, I beat Girahim and Demise only with the shield instead of the normal way (Hylian shield YAY), I don't know how I would have beaten him like that

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Of course it is possible but it definitely will get a lot harder. Technically you can do it without your shield but then you have to watch the movements of your enemies very closely. When I played normal mode I simply forgot my shield till I was near the end. I fogot that thing since the day I started to play it. You need the Beetle though. This is an item you cannot leave out. And there are a few more items you definitely need but potions etc you can leave out.

Yes...

I managed to complete Normal Mode without a shield and I very seldom used potions; I also waited until the end of the game for the optional upgrades to most of my items. I'd imagine Hero Mode would be slightly more difficult under such conditions, but I think it is quite feasible for the skilled Zelda veteran. It would require strategy to accomplish, and it would likely "lengthen" the game, as things would have to be planned out accordingly; in which case, patience is a key element. One thing's for certain is that this isn't the kind of thing you'd want to attempt the first time around.

I would like to try this "Ultimate Hero Mode Quest" challenge for myself, however, I am no longer able to play Skyward Sword on account of my broken nunchuck attachments. I hate toot my own horn, but this challenge would be a piece of cake.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
Of course you can!
However, it is going to be challenging. The shield bash is a very useful technique, which you can't do without a shield. But it isn't a neccesity, just nice to have. You can go through the game without a single upgrade, no problem. No hearts, though... Not impossible, but it may cause difficulties (I always need my heart medal in hero mode). Nothing's impossible, so you should be able to do it. Good luck:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom