• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U TWWHD: Digital or Physical Version?

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
I'm planning on getting the physical copy, but that's only because that's how I've always done it. (and because I love the art on the case!)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Alright, I'm actually torn now. You see, I just hit Prestige Master in Call of Duty Black Ops II, which basically means I've hit maximum level. I have a ton of challenges to do but, with that, comes so much tedium with no artificial payoff (said payoff being XP - which I can't earn because I'm at max level). It's just...ugh. Chocolate.

So anyway, I'm torn on getting physical or digitial. If I get digital, it means that I can not be bored but of course it also comes with all of the Wii U's insecurities. However I must wait for physical copy. :/

Mido

Version 1
I'm planning on purchasing the physical copy. I also have it pre-ordered, so there's a bit of motivation in that of itself.

Getting the game on disk is just how Ol' Mido does things, not to mention it saves much needed data space. I ended up getting GTA V, and that ended up taking a whopping eight gigabytes. Sure, it's really not too bad, but my fifty GB hard drive doesn't help matters especially with my own archive of data. This is just a plus that physical copies generally have. (Even though GTA V had that download disk.)

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
As much as I'd love to be playing it right now, I'm waiting for the physical copy. I really enjoy having my games on a shelf where I can see them, and be reminded that I have them. There's also something lost to me when it's just a file on a system. I know it's just files on a disc the way I prefer, but I can see that disc in that case. It's something a little more tangible to me.

I waited to get the Super Luigi U hardcopy and didn't regret it. I have Mass Effect 1 as a digital file and it kind of irks me that I only have 2 and 3 sitting on the shelf, but 1 is buried in my PS3. At least I'm somewhat reminded of its existence because of it NOT being beside 2 and 3, but for a stand-alone title the physical copy reminds me to go back to it more often when I'm looking for something good to play. I'm more inclined to sit in front of my game shelf and pick out a title than I am to turn on the system and surf my menus for one.

Plus, I've got physical Zelda titles since the first back when I was a kid playing on the NES, so for Zelda it would be especially hard to break tradition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom