• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twinrova in Skyward Sword- Possibly Hyrule?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm on the fence. I don't particularly care whether a boss like Twinrova shows up again. They've already shown up in OoT, MM, and OoX, though, so why not? Twinrova does have a precedent as a recurring character.

If Twinrova is not included, I'm sure that whoever is included will be a good enemy. If Twinrova is included, I'm sure that that they will add something interesting to the fight so that it's not a repeat of OoT.

Basically, I don't think that this particular detail would make me like the game itself any more or less. It would be interesting to see Twinrova, but it wouldn't be a tragedy if she didn't show up.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I think this could be very interesting, actually. Even if she/they weren't a boss, but some sort of other character, it would be neat to see how they fit into the storyline. If they even just made a subtle reference (somewhat like Impa in TP) it could work. Now, if she/they didn't make any sort of appearance int he game, I wouldn't really care less.

and scince twinrova is gannondwarfs mother than gannon dwarf might make an apearance

I'm pretty sure that Twinrova is not Ganondorf's mother, as Twinrova is a morph or Kotake and Koume, which would be really weird. Even if just one of the sisters was his mother, that would make Ganondorf a very old man, as I don't see them reproducing at 400 years old. Finally, Kotake and Koume appeared in Majora's Mask, and Ganondorf did not.

I'm agreeing with Axle, I don't see a Nintendo presenting us with a game that is only 300 years before Ocarina of Time, I think we can expect a larger gap, but hey, I don't know much about what Nintendo will do. If they do happen to make an appearance, I hope that it isn't anything more than a tiny part of the plot, and that they aren't an enemy, because I would start to feel that Nintendo are finding it harder to make fresh ideas.

I'm pretty sure that Twinrova is not Ganondorf's mother, as Twinrova is a morph or Kotake and Koume, which would be really weird. Even if just one of the sisters was his mother, that would make Ganondorf a very old man, as I don't see them reproducing at 400 years old. Finally, Kotake and Koume appeared in Majora's Mask, and Ganondorf did not.

I'm agreeing with Axle, I don't see a Nintendo presenting us with a game that is only 300 years before Ocarina of Time, I think we can expect a larger gap, but hey, I don't know much about what Nintendo will do. If they do happen to make an appearance, I hope that it isn't anything more than a tiny part of the plot, and that they aren't an enemy, because I would start to feel that Nintendo are finding it harder to make fresh ideas.
Wait, huh? People were saying Twinrova was his mother? No. Koume and Kotake are his surrogate mothers, not his biological ones. As for the combined form, lawlz, that's just that: a combined form of Koume and Kotake. :xd:

Thinking with it now, it would be a little interesting if a younger version of Koume and Kotake appeared as some sort of silly character, like Syrup from the handheld games. I just don't see it happening because of the time gap. =\

Danlo

Daniel
I thing that there is a high chance of battling her. If they were in SS, it would be good If they had a bigger role, than just a dungeon boss, but not the final boss. Since she is a brain washer and mother of Ganondorf I thing well se her

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I doubt that they would make an appearance but that's just me. I would actually like to see them but WITHOUT a connection to Gannondorf. It would be sweet to see them as there own characters with there own backstory.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Please forgive me if a thread has already been created concerning this topic!
=============================================================================================================
"But I'm only 400 years old!"

That's what the twin sisters say after you kill them in Ocarina of Time. 400 years is a very long time, no? Especially in the world of Zelda.

In Ocarina of Time, the war over the Sacred Realm has only ended 7-8 years prior to where the story starts. So the fact that these two hags are 400 years old tells me that they have a history, and a long one at that.

I don't think it's been confirmed exactly how far into the past SS takes place before Ocarina of Time, but I think it's well into the 8-400 year range.

So, assuming that Twinrova are alive during Skyward Sword's time, what do you think they are doing?

Personally I think they are Gerudo women living in the dark world of Hyrule below, with the other races serving evil as guardians of the land below Skyloft. Are they serving evil intentionally? Who knows, but what we do know is that there is an un-named evil doing SOMETHING down there.

And since they are capable of flight, I think they will come to Skyloft as well. Twinrova may play a nice lengthy part in SS. So what do you guys think?

Will Twinrova be in Skyward Sword?

Here's what they look like for some inspiration =P:
boss08.png

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
With what ur saying I would agree that they'll be in SwS but what role? I'd like to see them in a SQ or something like that but not an actual boss like in OoT.

Djinn

and Tonic
This sounds interesting. The idea of having previous characters with a history appearing in prequel titles.

While possibly not as any main character, running into a younger Koume and Kotake in their training as the elemental witches of the Gerudo as a side quest or a miniboss sounds fun. Or even as some background characters you just run into on your quest.

Actually there are a couple characters or enemies that could appear in a prequel as their younger selves. Rauru, Volvagia, The Hero's Shade, Valoo. Even in LttP there were a few random characters in the Dark World who claimed to have been there for over a thousand years. Each of these while not completely important to the story would be a great nod to the fans who remember them.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
This sounds interesting. The idea of having previous characters with a history appearing in prequel titles.

While possibly not as any main character, running into a younger Koume and Kotake in their training as the elemental witches of the Gerudo as a side quest or a miniboss sounds fun. Or even as some background characters you just run into on your quest.

Actually there are a couple characters or enemies that could appear in a prequel as their younger selves. Rauru, Volvagia, The Hero's Shade, Valoo. Even in LttP there were a few random characters in the Dark World who claimed to have been there for over a thousand years. Each of these while not completely important to the story would be a great nod to the fans who remember them.

Mhmm yes I like the sound of that. That would bring so much nostalgia seeing them younger undergoing some magic training. I would actually want for them to appear along the main storyline though not as main characters like you said. I think Twinrova could be used again(In another form other than a boss) to help with the story as backround characters or something to that effect(Again, like you said). I also want to see Rauru, I was thinking about him the other day actually.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
It would also be rather cool to see them as little mischievous girls!
That would mix the nostalgia with a new twist. Besides, it makes sense to make them younger considering how this is a prequel.
Maybe they could be like potion vendors, or like the fortune teller from TP. One telling you where the heart pieces are, and the other with your adventure. ^^

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You know, I never really thought about that. That 400 years bit was probably just a joke to give the gamer a couple laughs, but you may be on to something. I always thought of the game as sort of a couple hundred years before OoT, but when you think about it, it isn't impossible for the game to take place during the Hylian Civil War (I can't remember the exact name so I'll just call it the Hylian Civil War).

As for what Twinrova does, I'd LOVE to see them as a boss in Skyward Sword. They were my favorite boss in OoT (and one of my favorites in the series) and seeing them in the Wii's graphics and with Motion Plus involved, that'd probably make the fight even better.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
It would also be rather cool to see them as little mischievous girls!
That would mix the nostalgia with a new twist. Besides, it makes sense to make them younger considering how this is a prequel.
Maybe they could be like potion vendors, or like the fortune teller from TP. One telling you where the heart pieces are, and the other with your adventure. ^^

Haha! Twinrova as a couple of annoying, funny little girls always getting in your way =P Kind of like Yuffie in Final Fantasy 7!(For those of who who play FF =P). I like the fortune telling idea! It's a nice creative way of using their differences such as their manner of dress(color) and their personalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom