• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Series.....Who Are Fans?

I really, really do not like Twilight. I just find it a dull, repetitive, unimaginative, badly written and overall bad book. The plot is nothing special at all and the characters are just all wrong. I hate what they did to vampires too. I heard some people talking about vampires today and they asked each other what their favourite thing about Vampires was. One said that they're so romantic and the other said that they sparkle. These are just a few of the reasons why I hate Twilight. I have to say though, while I don't really like Twilight, the rabid fans are worse. The hate-sites aren't exactly any better than them, I just think the fans and the extreme haters go too over the top.

C

Civil

I don't mind the Twilight series, I think the movies are alright and a guilty pleasure kind of thing for me, but the obsession with it lots of people have is pretty dangerous in the world of literature. I don't really want to see what the next big book series will be, because even Harry Potter is no where near as well written as past classics.

But I love Harry Potter, so whatever. :3

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'm not a hater, but I'm not a fan of Twilight. It's okay, I got bored of the first book but somehow managed to watch all of the films. Some of the fight scenes are pretty cool but they totally ruined vampires. They turned them into sparkly teenagers...it just doesn't appeal to me.

I'm not a hater, but I'm not a fan of Twilight. It's okay, I got bored of the first book but somehow managed to watch all of the films. Some of the fight scenes are pretty cool but they totally ruined vampires. They turned them into sparkly teenagers...it just doesn't appeal to me.
You're confusing the protagonists with the actual vampires of the story. :P Many vampire stories have had some particularly not bad*** vampire characters. Twilight happens to focus on them, but within the actual world the vampires are more akin to classic Dracula than any modern vampire incarnation I've seen, including True Blood, Daybreakers, 30 Days of Night, and Underworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom