• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess Why Do People Dislike It???

M

marcus97

i love twilight princess and i wonder why others dislike it

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
*Ahem* I don't understand why you're posting this on a Zelda site. Practically everyone here loves TP. If you wonder why no one has replied yet, its because no one really dislikes it. Most people here love all the Zelda games, and they each have their own preferences. Yours may be TP, but the next guy's could be OoT. Mine are WW(1) and OoT(2). I'm not saying that I dislike TP either. ^^

i love twilight princess and i wonder why others dislike it

Its not that i do not like it its just i like others more.

Everyone knows LttP is my favourIte.
What i dislike about TP is the music in the game is not that good compared to the Snes and N64 Zelda games.

There are very few good cut scenes.
It has good points one of which is the levels as they are real tough and very long.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Its not that i do not like it its just i like others more.

Everyone knows LttP is my favourIte.
What i dislike about TP is the music in the game is not that good compared to the Snes and N64 Zelda games.

There are very few good cut scenes.
It has good points one of which is the levels as they are real tough and very long.

Aren't they supposed to be tough and long? What's the point of short and easy temples? Those aren't fun.

M

magicgfx

Many people were disappointed about it as a game for the Wii. It was a gamecube game ported to the wii, and people had expected more from the new console.\

Lots of people thought the graphics weren't fitting to the series, there was no 1-1 motion control, and it was too easy.

People will complain about everything, so if you're a fan of the series you were probably a fan of this game.

It had its good points, and a few lows. Personally I didn't like the wolf section or the look of the twilight realm. I also found collecting the tears to be repetitive. I haven't played the game in such a long time though, but just talking about it makes me want to try it again.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I don't mind the game at all Its by no means my favourite Zelda, but it's also not my least favourite. A few things I don't like about it are the length (If it were an hour or two shorter, than it'd be fine) , the graphics (too realistic for Zelda, IMO) and the fact that it doesn't really feel Zelda-y, IMO (partially due to graphics, but it just didn't feel as magical as previous games). Otherwise I enjoy it.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
Dislike:
The game is boring, and linear
The overworld looks vast, but it's almost lifeless
Blurry textures made it feel boring, too.
Tedious gameplay, I can't play it for more than like 20 minutes without wanting to stop.
The style is generic
Very little replay value if any whatsoever
Ganon thrown in at the end
Zant not being as much of a badass as you thought he was
Fanservice
Dull characters
Long and easy dungeons

I agree with you on only 4 points: Overworld is lifeless, Zant turned out wierd instead of cool, slightly linear, and little to no replay value.
Other than that the game was almost perfect. Ganondorf was not thrown in on the end, his presence explains everything that happened up to that point. The game brought a almost completely new story. The textures were great. It is in no way boring, I played the entire game through in 2 sit downs. The style wasn't generic, it was trying to bring in a touch of realism and nostalgia they just made it a tad too dark. Every character had a really deep personality, have you ever REALLY payed attention to them? They all grow and change throughout the game, especially Link and Midna. And I found all the dungeons fun and to be a good enough challenge.

I think you should play the game again and pay close attention to every detail, you will be surprised with the depth you find in that game that you didn't notice the first time. This is why I play every Zelda game more than once.:)

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I'm pretty sure I've seen over 9000 threads of this same subject. Whatever. Here are my personal dislikes of the game:

-It's a very linear game that constantly relies on the same formula. Some of the things , like the tears hunting, are boring, long and mostly unecessary and the beggining is very, very slow.

-The game is enourmous. Now in theory this would be a good thing but in practice it's actually a massive letdown since it's very lifeless and there's not that same sense of exploration that you get from other Zelda games like Wind Waker.

-The difficulty, you'd think it would get harder as it goes on, right? But this game just seems to get easier by the hour, almost like the developers held your hand through the whole game to tell you a story. The bosses and dungeons are very epic, but not a challenge.

- And the major one for me, the twist. Seriously, throwing Gannondorf in at the very end almost made me want to punch through my TV screen.

Other than that the game is very good, the story is unique and interesting, the cutscenes and graphics are very good, there is a very high sense of detail to everything, the items and bosses are fun albeit easy and you only end up using most items once, the music fits the mood of the game, the game is long with many quests to last you up to 80-100 hours and the characters, such as Midna, are unforgetable.

It's the little touches that make this game great

A

Augonator

Love it

I personally love tp the story is amazing, and even though Zelda games are not about the quality of the graphics it still looks fantastic

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Twilight Princess was a good game, a great game even, but by Zelda standards, it had a lot of weaknesses. What is interesting is that if you ask people which they like better, TP or OoT, a lot of people will reply with whichever game they played first. TP was very similarly structured to OoT, especially with the gameplay formula. Unlike the other console games, TP really had no major gameplay deviation that made it stand out.

The point that TP is linear is a very valid one. While all the games have to have some sort of linearity to point you in the right direction, TP's linearity felt forced. This is especially true of the second half of the game, where there was practically NO storyline or optional intermissions between the dungeons. TP lacked OoT's loose dungeon order, MM's freeroaming sidequests, and WW's explorability, becoming instead a "go here and do this" kind of game for pretty much the entire adventure. The formula was too set in stone and repetitive, as evidenced by the Light Tear sections having almost no variation other than geography, and no deviation at all from the "gather 3 items, find new thing to unlock" dungeon structure. The game relied too much on formula.

TP's story in general was rather lackluster in my opinion. Ganondorf's inclusion was very controversial, and I am among the people who felt he was tacked on and ruined the game. Zelda had almost no characterization, Zant's potential as an awesome villain was absolutely ruined, Ganondorf had no character development at all, and the entire storyline sort of disappeared for the second half of the game. The game's plot was beautiful in the first half, then completely fell apart.

Frankly, the entire game seemed like a world of potential that wasn't properly tapped into. The overworld was huge, yet nearly totally barren. All you had were enemy infested fields, and the largest city in Hyrule only allowed you to talk to maybe 5% of the population. Zant was built up to be a genuine frightening villain, and then he turned out to be an infantile lunatic. The Twilight Realm could have easily become something epic like the Dark World was, but instead we got Light Tear gathering, a task that became simple busywork after a while. The graphics were made for the Gamecube, and there was no time to tune it up for the Wii, and either way, the graphics are quite simply dated.

Now, having said all that, I will say I loved TP when I first picked it up. It was my second Zelda game; it was what brought me into the fandom. Looking back on it after having played other games in the series though, especially looking at TP's second half, I must say the game did not live up to its full potential, and certainly not the full potential expected from the Zelda franchise. As I stated earlier, TP was not a bad game by any normal standards, it was simply a mediocre Zelda title.

Can someone explain to me why Zant was "ruined"? I never really had a positive or negative opinion of him.

I did not enjoy TP compared to other Zelda games because it was very boring to me, and it was RIDICULOUSLY easy.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Honestly, I believe the largest reason why Twilight Princess was dissed was because it was way too linear and plot driven. In titles like Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, etc. you could go anywhere in the Overworld you wanted, and the game still had a great plot. However, there are scenes in Twilight Princess where you're forced to participate in an event and cannot get out of it until the event is complete (i.e. gathering Tears of Light).

Can someone explain to me why Zant was "ruined"? I never really had a positive or negative opinion of him.

The reason for that is because Zant was actually a great villain in the game, for he looked like he took his evilness seriously. He would kill you at every chance he did, he even tried to kill Midna, he took over the Kingdom of Hyrule, etc. However, upon meeting him, he appears to be nothing more than a man drunk with power and acts like a little kid when you try to dethrone him.

In a gameplay perspective, the game wasn't that bad. The overworld was quite large, the dungeons were vast and a bit plentiful, there's a lot to look around for, but the fact that it's all so linear (except for a few points) makes you unable to view it all.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
For me its not like I disliked the game, but there are so many things that could have been so much better, especialy after all the delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom