• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Vs. Wind Waker

I have never played WW (but I want it soooo bad). TP was my first Zelda game; it's one of the ones I have beaten the most; and it is probably my favorie Zelda game.

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
they re pretty even for me. TP was a great game but they tried too hard to make it epic. as for WW the sailing really made traveling in the overworld boring as hell

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I say Twilight Princess. It's a close call, but I think TP got more things right than WW did in the end.

I'm actually quite shocked by how many people think Twilight Princess is better.

In my opinion, The Wind Waker was way, way, way better than Twilight Princess.

Exactly, in your opinion. People that are saying TP is better have the opposite opinion.

Groose

Groosenator
I love both games a lot, but I have to go with Twilight Princess. I was extremely excited for the release of the game, and though the difficulty was not what I was expecting, the game did live up to what I hoped for. An adult Link, a VERY interesting and amazing companion character, an incredible story, and great temples. Wind Waker was amazing too, but the "realistic" feel of TP appealed to me more than cel-shaded graphics of Wind Waker.

Twilight Princess is the better game in my opinion.
I just love everything about it! The graphics are really appealing, the music is absolutely amazing, Midna is a great character with a good story behind her, the temples are really good, etc etc etc...I could go on forever, really!

But Wind Waker... Ehh, I don't really care for it... It's infact my least favourite game.
I don't like the whole idea of Hyrule being flooded... I don't like the whole sailing thing, very boring... And the graphics, not my style...

So yeah, TP definitely wins this for me!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Exactly, in your opinion. People that are saying TP is better have the opposite opinion.

Yes... that's specifically why I said "in my opinion". I actually added that at the last moment to ensure that I wasn't coming off as rude. I'm sorry if it seemed that way to you. ^^

I'm just very passionate about these games and I can write a lot on the subject.

Twilight Princess for sure.
The cel-shaded graphics, and Toon Link, kinda kill WW for me. I still liked WW though.

Twilight Princess was the better game for me. The most important factor in my decision of it is the graphics, im not a huge fan of cartoony graphics at all. TP all the way here man.

Z

zeldafanfan

I´ll say TP. i like the graphics more than WW, not saying they´re bad, they´re awesome, but for my tastes i like more TP
also the game is longer, going on the boat isn´t as much fun as on epona, and that because of the sailing of the game.
and by the way the GC version of TP is better than the wii version because of the controls

you have picked my 2 favourite zelda games.if i had to choose between them (if chuck norris was demanding an answer to this question :S then by an atom's width i would have to go with the windwaker. it is one of those rare games that i couldn't see how they could improve it.it's just perfect as far as i'm concerned. (am also a rubbish gamer/well i blame my old age 37 ;) so the difficulty was bang on for me :lol:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I like Wind Waker, sure the sailing can be monotonous and it is a tad easy but it's a good solid game but Twilight Prinicess is my favourite game, it's dark, moody, great characters, great dungeons/battles/items...i love everything about the game

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
WW is a very bright and fun game with some dark elements and with a good storyline. TP was darker and had some comic elements but was not as bright as WW. But TP is my fav Zelda game out of those too. The game had so much more. In my opinion it had a good storyline, great character development (Midna) and had more dungeons even though the bosses were extremely easy but so were those in WW. I won't necessarily say the Graphics are better because it is not cel-shaded but the graphics were very realistic almost "real"to me.

That's a really hard question. I believe WW was the very first Zelda game I've played, but TP was the first one that made me go "Wow, this is a great series," so I think I'll go with TP. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom