• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trying to Get My Ideas Out There

My idea is really simple and it actually came to me from looking at one of Zelda Dungeons fan arts. I think it would be cool if at some point in the game Link was in Castletown (or whatever the main town would be called) and he got in HUGE trouble by the guards for doing something (wrong place, wrong time kind of deal. This would probably tie into the main story, then). Link then gets captured and gets put in the dungeon where he meets Princess Zelda (she's on opposite sides of the bar, hopefully) where they talk and she lets him go free. She is wearing a cloak similar to the one she used in TP. Then Ganondorf or some other main villain comes to take Zelda and Link is in full witness to this, so the main villain stabs Link and takes Zelda and leaves. Link is left dying, cloak on the ground, and this is where the "helper character" (Midna, Fi, Navi, ect.) comes in and heals Link, explaining stuff thats been happening and that he is the only one who can help Zelda for some reason. This is where "my main idea" comes in. Link would have to take the cloak (and find a sword and shield) and sneak out of Castletown because he was just put into jail and there are guards everywhere. He would have to use the cloak to disguise himself (I mean come on, wearing that green tunic, OF COURSE guards are going to notice him) and get out of town to find Zelda. He could use the cloak in other areas, too. Hopefully someone sees this and they can give some feedback!
Sorry for the long read!

(If I have any other ideas and time, I may post more on here)
also:
(I'm new to posting so if you have any questions, I may not get back to you. Sorry)

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
For some reason, imagining Link in a cloak just gives me visions of the protagonist in AC3.

Anyhoo, yes, this would be interesting... I think Zelda could use a more complicated plot. And this sure sounds like a possible setup for one. Not just the generic plot formula they've been using. Complete three dungeons, plot twist happens, complete five or six more dungeons (without adding anything to the plot this whole time), and then confront final boss.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to agree with RegalBryant, it sounds pretty cliche, not to mention way too similar to TP, and I really want future Zelda games to mix it up a bit story-wise. I want more stories like MM and Link's Awakening, WITHOUT main villains kidnapping Princess Zelda...I'm so sick of Zelda getting kidnapped in any way, shape, or form. I really want a strong, badass Zelda, like Sheik or Tetra.

I do like the concept of Link wearing a cloak, and possibly to conceal his iconic identity.
Also, your idea made me think of another one...what about a street-chase type thing through a bustling market? Link is a somewhat mischevious boy who causes trouble in the Castletown market one day, and the guards get pissed and chase you through the streets. You bump into people, you climb onto rooftops to get away, you knock over baskets of Cuccos to distract the guards...yes, we've seen this type of scene in the beginning of many a movie, but I don't think we've seen it in a Zelda game. It would be a fun way to start off the game, and maybe it could serve as the necessary tutorial-portion as well. Oh, and at the end of the chase, Link could get surrounded by guards or run into a dead end, and all of a sudden a random girl (badass Zelda!) swoops in and does some cool magic spell that KO's all the guards, and that's how Link and Zelda meet.

Well I got to say, thanks for the idea, because it inspired mine :D

HatredHazard I like your idea, but the chase part reminds me too much of assassins creed. sorry. The main idea i was trying to get across was the cloak idea and giving Link the ability to be stealthy. Instead of having to kill every enemy, you could sneak past some? Plus, if you were going to be stealthy in castle town, you wouldnt be allowed to kill guards.
And yes it does sound a bit like the begining of TP. I was just trying to put out some reason why link would have a cloak.

HatredHazard I like your idea, but the chase part reminds me too much of assassins creed. sorry. The main idea i was trying to get across was the cloak idea and giving Link the ability to be stealthy. Instead of having to kill every enemy, you could sneak past some? Plus, if you were going to be stealthy in castle town, you wouldnt be allowed to kill guards.
And yes it does sound a bit like the begining of TP. I was just trying to put out some reason why link would have a cloak.

OK, I've never played Assassin's Creed. If something like that's already out there, it wouldn't be a good idea for Zelda to use it bc it would be accused of copying. I still stand for the idea of a mayhem-filled Castletown battle in Zelda, in which you really use your wits and pick up random weapons/items that you find on the streets rather than in your inventory. It'd be a contrast to the traditional Zelda battles that are always confined in a room/desolate space.

I like stealth as much as you, and I hope there is some of it in the next Zelda. And yeah, if they could somehow incorporate the cloak into proper stealth gameplay, that would be great (so like, the guards can catch you if you look them straight in the face, or you could get the cloak caught on something/on fire, revealing Link's clothing/identity. Obviously, there has to be a way for the guards to catch you while wearing the cloak, else it wouldn't be stealth). There was the barrel-stealth stuff of WW, which sounds very similar (sneaking past guards without killing them, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom