• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Trouble Communicating: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
By extension, if we avoid just making reads lists, and try to get players to explain their reads in depth, we'll be more likely to notice any attempts at signalling scumbuds. I was happy to see a couple players asking for explanations for specific reads in the couple of reads lists already made.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't necessarily hate a Silver lynch, especially since I'm town reading everyone on his wagon, but I think it reflects well on him that he hasn't attempted to push either of the counterwagons. In fact, he's defended both of them to an extent.

Vote: SMS
Is there a non-meta case on SMS, or is it just "he usually posts more"? I'm not a huge fan of it myself, seems a bit easy to push him when he's not here.
That's part of it for me, since meta has generally been very reliable in determining his alignment. I'm also pretty confident that one of him, Ex, and Johnny is scum for reasons stated earlier, and I think his reasoning for the Kreaal vote was pretty poor. And even if he doesn't flip scum, I think it'd be an informative lynch.

I don't recall any claim he was experienced aside from the MU ban, which definitely doesn't imply a lot of experience or wisdom - you can potentially get banned first game.

I don't necessarily hate a Silver lynch, especially since I'm town reading everyone on his wagon, but I think it reflects well on him that he hasn't attempted to push either of the counterwagons. In fact, he's defended both of them to an extent.

Vote: SMS

That's part of it for me, since meta has generally been very reliable in determining his alignment. I'm also pretty confident that one of him, Ex, and Johnny is scum for reasons stated earlier, and I think his reasoning for the Kreaal vote was pretty poor. And even if he doesn't flip scum, I think it'd be an informative lynch.

Okay, play that out for me. SMS dies today and flips town, N1 happens and we get lucky, no kill - what does the start of D2 look like for you?

So if I actually have to post a real list and not some random thoughts, I should bring the whole rainbow. I guess Lau and Fun would have my head if I brought anything less at this point. Fiiiine.
I don't recall any claim he was experienced aside from the MU ban, which definitely doesn't imply a lot of experience or wisdom - you can potentially get banned first game.
I guess that's a question best asked to him. I rmemeber him saying he had a reputation hence the undercover account, but I don't remember if he ever explicitly stated how many games/time he's been at it for.

Kirino

Tatakae
Okay, play that out for me. SMS dies today and flips town, N1 happens and we get lucky, no kill - what does the start of D2 look like for you?
I do expect him to flip scum, but if he doesn't, it would probably reflect well on Johnny for suddenly switching his vote to him while he was deciding between Kreaal and Silver, even if I couldn't rule out a bus. My main focus would probably shift to Ex at that point.

I do expect him to flip scum, but if he doesn't, it would probably reflect well on Johnny for suddenly switching his vote to him while he was deciding between Kreaal and Silver, even if I couldn't rule out a bus. My main focus would probably shift to Ex at that point.

This doesn't sound like a particularly informative lynch if it's a ML, then. Frankly, I think it's a pretty catastrophic ML compared to someone like Kreaal who's been center stage most of the day. Not only has there been not a lot discussion around SMS, most of the case being meta makes it really hard to go back and analyze things post-lynch. I think we'd see a lot of "*shrug* it was his Scum meta". It's also way harder to look at why anyone not familiar with SMS, which is Kreaal and me at a minimum, isn't on that wagon.

I also think SMS being absent until 3 hrs before lynch seems like genuine absence rather than some kind of scum-lurk meta. If he were lurking, wouldn't he have been beetlejuiced and started being active around the time he came under fire? Just sitting and waiting until this late and he's got a significant wagon makes it much harder to shake, no?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well oof, if I die I'm telling you lynch Kreeal tomorrow, don't let the Voyeur claim tomorrow – terrible idea – no need for a power role to be weeded out D2. Johnny is rubbing me the wrong way too, especially the whole "I don't like Kreaal bit" but he is willing to lynch me, it seems fabricated. If Kreaal was actually his top scum lean like he claimed earlier, he should pursue that.

There isn't too much for me to add. Moe seems ok but it's too early to say for certain. There isn't enough from funnygurl. Minish seems town to me, same with Ex. Kirino is probably town too from an initial read of his posts. I need to ISO Silver and Flarg, and it lokks like Libk only just started posting so, def looking forward to what he says.

This is where I'm at right now.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Wait you think I'm scum? Lol ok. I still want to think you are town and just have a bad read on me. I'm active now though, any questions?

Kirino

Tatakae
This doesn't sound like a particularly informative lynch if it's a ML, then. Frankly, I think it's a pretty catastrophic ML compared to someone like Kreaal who's been center stage most of the day. Not only has there been not a lot discussion around SMS, most of the case being meta makes it really hard to go back and analyze things post-lynch. I think we'd see a lot of "*shrug* it was his Scum meta". It's also way harder to look at why anyone not familiar with SMS, which is Kreaal and me at a minimum, isn't on that wagon.
I definitely think Kreaal would be more informative and these are fair points, but I'd also rather lynch a scum read than a town read. Lynching SMS would help give insight into a couple of players in particular for me, but it's not my primary reason for wanting to lynch him.
I also think SMS being absent until 3 hrs before lynch seems like genuine absence rather than some kind of scum-lurk meta. If he were lurking, wouldn't he have been beetlejuiced and started being active around the time he came under fire? Just sitting and waiting until this late and he's got a significant wagon makes it much harder to shake, no?
I believe I've seen him do this before as scum, and fairly recently at that. Could look up the game if you want me to.
Wait you think I'm scum? Lol ok. I still want to think you are town and just have a bad read on me. I'm active now though, any questions?
I'd like to see you respond to my criticism of the reasoning behind your Kreaal read:
The entire concept of doing obviously suspicious things and relying on WIFOM to clear you is dubious, especially for something that'd be unlikely to provide much benefit, and, somewhat tellingly, I don't believe Kreaal even used WIFOM to defend himself in that way, which he surely would if he had intended to rely on it as a defense.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
He never clarified why(?) he'd shoot Moe, nor was there much going on at the time. I don't think this clears Moe at all. This is some ridiculous-ass absolute. If Kreaal flips town, is Moe scum then? If the situation is reversed, and Moe is lynched and flips Town/Scum, does that make Kreaal Scum/Town?
I think you're missing the point
if kreaal is mafia, they made that call because they're the vig and were signalling to their partners who they were going to shoot aka me
I don't understand why kreaal flipping town makes me scum in that instance
this is a bad look lol

@SMS
Is there anything else that makes you SR’ed me other then “My Terrible Idea” and “Gut”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom