• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce

Danlo

Daniel
In some of Zelda games they say that Ganondorf was the chosen one, same like Link and Zelda. And I think he is evil because he is a Gerudo and they are thief's

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
In Ocarina of Time I believe they say that if their heart isn't well-balanced they get the piece that best suits or represents them, whether their heart is good or not. It's about balance, not purity.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
If I remember correctly the Triforce isn't good its neutral. Anyone good or bad can wish apon the Triforce. As for how ganondorf always has a triforce piece thats because OoT ganondorf gaining the triforce of power and destiny.

Look at my sig for my timeline. In ZSS, I do not know. In MC - FS, no mention. In OoT, Link opened the temple of time leading Ganon into it and splitting the triforce into three. Link was chosen for Courage, Zelda for Wisdom, and Ganon was not chosen, but got power because he touched it. He was eventually sealed in the sacred realm with the triforce of power. Zelda then sent them back, but since the sacred realm is outside of time, the triforce glitched itself into being split in the past. In the child timeline Ganon (same ganon) came back in TP were he escaped the sacred realm with the ToP and killed a sage. He was then sealed in the Twilight Realm were he escaped. Zelda had the ToW because of bloodline reasons, and Link was chosen so he got the ToC. Ganon died. In FSA, a new Ganon was born and sealed in the FS. In FSA, Dark Link went to the palace of the four sword and freed him. He got all of the triforce because this ganon was equivalently spirited. He died and in OoX he was reborn with a mindless body. He died. In LoZ, if that is were it is, then a new ganon gets the triforce and manages to get Power and can not use wisdom so he sealed them. He did not know were the ToC is. On the Adult timeline, Ganon from OoT escaped. The chosen ones in this game was the King of Hyrule for power, nothing more. Tetra got it through female bloodline, and Link had to look for courage. Ganon tried to use all three with good intentions, with a bad method. He was sealed in stone. (That doesn't mean he is dead. In MC and PH, Zelda turned into stone and survived.) In LoZ, if it is there, the same Ganon from TWW did what I said earlier. (Old Hyrule was un-flooded.)

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I believe Ganondorf is chosen because the Triforce is a representation of some of the attributes of the three primary Goddesses of Hyrule, and he is the best representation of Power. As to why the Goddesses would choose someone evil, I believe that it's because it's part of their responsibility as deities to preserve balance, such that neither good nor evil should overwhelm one or the other. After all, it's a fairly common, traditional belief in religion that everyone is good at their core.
He was also the one who originally touched the Triforce and split it, causing him to receive the Triforce of Power. I imagine that destiny has since caused him to receive it time and time again.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
In OoT, Ganon has the ToP because he touched the triforce :triforce: first, and because his heart was unbalanced, he was given the aspect in which he most believed in - power. In WW, he still has the ToP because he never lost it in OoT. TP gets a bit confusing, as to why he was blessed, and the sages can't even believe it, "It was a divine prank".

Kybyrian

I believe that Ganondorf gained access to the Sacred Realm when Link opened the door. I am not very familiar with all of the finer points of the Zelda games, since I do not get involved in theories or anything to care about them all that much, so I'm not sure, but that's what I'm sticking with. When Ganondorf touched the Triforce, it split. Ganondorf was a Gerudo thief that longed for power over everyone else, so when the Triforce split, he received the Triforce of power because it most suited him. The other pieces of the Triforce then went to Zelda. Link represented courage, while Zelda represented wisdom.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
If I remember correctly the Triforce isn't good its neutral. Anyone good or bad can wish apon the Triforce. As for how ganondorf always has a triforce piece thats because OoT ganondorf gaining the triforce of power and destiny.

Pretty much this! The Triforce does NOT measure good or evil. It only reflects the wishes of the heart of the one who touched it. That is why the Sacred Realm becomes the Dark World in ALttP. It reflected Ganon's evil will. Ganon is usually always seen with the Triforce of Power because it is the piece that reflects his heart the most.

Z

zora14

Whoa, if you call the triforce neutral, then you're calling the godesses neutral. a better way to place it is that it doesn't know the diference between good and evil because however powerful, it is still just an object, or 3 objects.

Whoa, if you call the triforce neutral, then you're calling the godesses neutral. a better way to place it is that it doesn't know the diference between good and evil because however powerful, it is still just an object, or 3 objects.
How do you know the Goddesses aren't neutral? There is no proof nor slight hints besides Link being a chosen wielder, but Ganon is also.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Pretty much this! The Triforce does NOT measure good or evil. It only reflects the wishes of the heart of the one who touched it. That is why the Sacred Realm becomes the Dark World in ALttP. It reflected Ganon's evil will. Ganon is usually always seen with the Triforce of Power because it is the piece that reflects his heart the most.

"....If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil......that is what has been told...." Young Zelda in Zelda: OoT

"....The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart, the heart of the one who enters it........It is a balance that weighs the three forces: Power, Wisdom and Courage..." Shiek in Zelda: OoT

The Triforce/Sacred Realm was never meant to judge Good or Evil but the three forces Power, Wisdom and Courage. Hope this clears anything up.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
the goddesses are the ones who created the planet and therefore the races on it evil and good, plus there is nothing to compare them too therefore they must be neutral.

here is the tale told by sheik in Oot:

"The resting place of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is a mirror that reflects what is in the heart...the heart of the one who enters it...If an evil heart, the Realm will become full of evil; if pure, the Realm will become a paradise. The Triforce... the sacred triangle...is a balance that ways the three forces: Power, Wisdom and Courage. If the heart of the one who holds the sacred triangle has all three forces in balance, that one will gain the True Force to govern all.

But, if that one's heart is not in balance, the Triforce will separate into three parts: Power, Wisdom and Courage. Only one part will remain for the one who touched the Triforce... the part representing the force that one most believes in. If that one seeks the True Force, that one must acquire the two lost parts. Those two parts will be held within others chosen by destiny, who will bear the Triforce mark on the back of their hands."

Ganondorf touched the Tri-force and because his heart was un-balenced the Tri-force split, link got courage, zelda got wisdom, and because Ganondorf belived most in power he was bestowed with it. But Ganondorf wanted more so he went looking for zelda, but she was disguised as a sheikah so that he couldn't find her. He let link run around so that he could lead him straight to Zelda...which worked :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom